Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow rules out trust fund for kids

It's really insulting for white bread no crust Gwennie, who grew up with every advantage money can buy, her extensive family contacts and network, her subliminal education on being rich... to have the gall to try and compare herself to a working class gal...fuck, you Gwyneth. Cigarettes out of your tip money. Gimme a f'in break.

Quote Originally Posted by kalirga View Post
    It's really insulting for white bread no crust Gwennie, who grew up with every advantage money can buy, her extensive family contacts and network, her subliminal education on being rich... to have the gall to try and compare herself to a working class gal...fuck, you Gwyneth. Cigarettes out of your tip money. Gimme a f'in break.
    Yeah, that's what's been pissing me off lately. I've always, always liked Gwyneth, and thought she was great and pretty and all these great things, but lately, it's like she's trying to prove she's actually WORKED to get where she is...and she hasn't. She hasn't done a goddamn thing. She should just ADMIT IT, and I wouldn't give a crap. Just be honest and grateful that you were lucky. Jeez.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^seriously

vvvvvvvvvvv I'd actually respect her a little if she sucked her way to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Yeah, that's what's been pissing me off lately. I've always, always liked Gwyneth, and thought she was great and pretty and all these great things, but lately, it's like she's trying to prove she's actually WORKED to get where she is...and she hasn't. She hasn't done a goddamn thing. She should just ADMIT IT, and I wouldn't give a crap. Just be honest and grateful that you were lucky. Jeez.
    but I thought that she'd worked hard.. on her knees... with someone's cock in her mouth to get where she is today...? Which is why I laugh everytime someone posts that she sucks!!!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    but I thought that she'd worked hard.. on her knees... with someone's cock in her mouth to get where she is today...? Which is why I laugh everytime someone posts that she sucks!!!
    That's right....she did have to give a lot of BJs to Harvey Weinstein. That can't be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenseventeen View Post
    I guess this is another case of when an American star decides to live in a different country, the Americans left behind get angry. Same with Madonna. There are other countries to live in, you know?
    Yes, we know....and you can have both of these twats gladly.

There's some more we'd like to send...just let us know when you have the room and we'll ship them over

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I don't care if a celebrity lives in a different country. I'd move to England in a heartbeat.

I think it's stupid when celebrities try to pretend they're FROM there. That's so, so stupid. Johnny Depp doesn't do crap like that.

Gold Member

I remember her saying that her dad didn't give her money after she left school, and I agree with her about the trust fund thing. I see nothing wrong with what she's said!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Birdina View Post
    I see nothing wrong with what she's said!
    I can't stand her.

Salon Entertainment | Glorious Gwyneth

Gwyneth Paltrow's success cuts against all that. The daughter of rich, famous, still-married parents, Paltrow attended the tony Manhattan girls' school Spence, where, Vogue informs us, "she was a popular student." As for her struggle to the top, US magazine tells us that she started out doing theater with mom. "Later," David Hochman writes, "after bumping into family friend Steven Spielberg (whom she adoringly refers to as 'Uncle Morty') in line at a movie, Paltrow got the role of Wendy in 'Hook' without so much as a screen test or a reading." There's something profoundly disillusioning about this story, something that says only suckers have to start from the bottom. It's not that she's not talented, it's just that she's not that talented, surely not talented enough to deserve the accolades raining down upon her. In fact, she would be easier to take if she couldn't act at all -- then, at least, there would be some rational excuse for the visceral hatred she brings out in so many.

Gwynnie, I love you, but STFU. You're full of shit on this one.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

What I find offensive is the idea of multi-millionaire parents CHOOSING to make their kids struggle to make ends meet because they want to "teach them a lesson". I just can't imagine ever putting my child in that position.

I don't think parents should bankroll their kids throughout their whole lives, but I also don't think that they should make them take out student loans, struggle to pay the bills, or just feel stressed out because of money when they have virtually unlimited funds.

My dad is one of these parents and it's an extremely stressful and frustrating situation. If I had the money to give my child every advantage (getting out of school debt free, having money to start off with after school for a downpayment on a house, etc) I would do it in a heartbeat.

Seriously, I have always loved Gwyneth and her prettiness and fairy-tale life. I just think lately, she's become annoying in her insistence that she is just "one of us." No, she's not. It's OKAY that she's not. It's NOT okay that she's trying to act like she knows what it means to be one of us.

So she said that her dad paid for Uni even though she didn't go? The dumb bitch is so privileged she can't even lie about hardship correctly.

I graduated last summer, and after 3 years of starvation and shitty jobs just to make ends meet, I'm now in about £15k worth of debt. She needs to get her scrawny arse into the real world if she wants to impress.

Anyway, I don't believe her about the trust fund issue, but I agree with her sentiment. If I was rich I definitely wouldn't leave squillions to my kids. I DETEST spoilt children and what they become as adults!!!

"The worst thing you can do is give a child a trust fund. They know they'll get it when they're 18 or 21. And it just kills passion."
    I do agree with her to an extent. I knew I was going to receive money to buy my first car with - so I didn't plan on working. Instead my mother said that I could only have the money on condition I earned at least 1/4 of it by working.

And as for the college/university thing... meh, same thing. Here we call it university.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    I do agree with her to an extent. I knew I was going to receive money to buy my first car with - so I didn't plan on working. Instead my mother said that I could only have the money on condition I earned at least 1/4 of it by working.

And as for the college/university thing... meh, same thing. Here we call it university.
    I get where you're going with this, but... my dad paid for my college (yep, college, I didn't go to Uni) and I've always known that I have them to "fall back on"; however a number of people (inc my mother No1 Critic & my boss) comment on how hard working I am.... I had that kind of upbringing, I also know some Uber-rich kids that would make Gwynnie look poor that work hard and don't expect to have the world handed to them on a plate; but maybe that's because of my age? We're all late 30s/ early 40s, not the mid-20s of the Hilton generation.
    Free Charmed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information