Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow, no to alcohol, caffeine, added sugar, gluten, dairy, soy and corn...

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Been reading up on detoxes - basically, they're all weight loss programs. You have organs that detox for you on a daily basis - kidney, liver, skin. If your organs aren't pumping the toxins out of your body, you'd probably die pretty quickly. But it's whatever people will buy, and if they think they're detoxing something (which sounds really good!), then something will sell.
    Exactly. It's such bullshit. I am so fucking sick of hearing of detoxes. At best, you voluntarily give yourself diarrhea and starve yourself for a week, at worst you lose weight during this bullshit and then stack it all back on PLUS MORE when you finally start eating again.

It's complete crap.

I can't believe this twat extraordinaire, smokes. And yeah, the detox thing is bunk.
    fuzuoko likes this.

Elite Member

Yeah Gwyneth.. ya know what? .. i would much rather enjoy my food and try (try !) to eat in moderation and drink lots of water, than do any form of detox..

My gawd her 'Detox' sounds depressing and EXPENSIVE!
    Kittylady and holly like this.

Gwyneth Paltrow's beauty regime unravels: The effects of her £14,000 ritual can be bought for just £150 and nutritionists are also criticising her January detox

• Procedures used by Gwyneth Paltrow could cost around £14,000 a month
    • But a new report suggests same effects can be had for £150
    • Nutritionists have also criticised the January detox on her Goop website

By CAROLINE MCGUIRE FOR MAILONLINE and ASHLEY PEARSON FOR THE DAILY MAIL
    PUBLISHED: 15:00, 4 January 2015 | UPDATED: 15:24, 4 January 2015

+3

Procedures used by Gwyneth Paltrow could cost around £14,000 a month but a new report suggests same effects can be had for £150. Nutritionists also criticised her January detox

Gwyneth Paltrow has been making her name as a lifestyle expert for the last few years, extolling the virtues of her beauty and eating regimes regularly on her Goop website.
    But this weekend, two of her areas of expertise - food and skincare - have been criticised in the press.
    One national newspaper has suggested her multi-thousand pound skincare routine can be bought for a fraction of the price, while another has reported that her detox could leave users out of pocket and possibly unable to sleep from hunger.
    Gwyneth has long been admired for her youthful complexion - the 42-year-old could easily pass for a woman ten years younger on any day.
    Unsurprisingly though, sipping from the fountain of youth doesn't come cheap and last week, the Daily Mail revealed the star's beauty regime costs an eye-watering £14,000-a-month.
    But a new report has suggested that it is possible to roll back the years like Gwyneth, for as little as £150 every four weeks.
    According to the Sunday Times, Gwyneth's luxury skin therapies can be bought for much less from high street stores.
    From holistic treatments to weekly facials, not to mention the services of a hair stylist and make-up artist for personal appearances, Miss Paltrow’s regime does not come cheap.
    The mother-of-two is said to enjoy Reiki stress reduction massage on a monthly basis, which typically costs £185 for 90 minutes, resulting in an annual spend of as much as £2,220.
    But Pilates classes claim to have similar benefits.
    For just £80 a month in many towns across the UK, Pilates teachers claim their classes help with not just stress relief, but also alignment, strength, flexibility, tone and endurance.
    The Oscar-winning actress is also said to be a fan of the intravenous vitamin therapy at the Be Hive of Healing centre in Los Angeles.
    Costing up to £289 per session, it is estimated Miss Paltrow has at least one a month and could easily hand over as much as £3,500 a year.
    The Sunday Times claim that many of the same benefits can be had from a packet of vitamin supplements that costs roughly £5 a month from any local supermarket.
    The Iron Man star, whose net worth is estimated at £40 million, is also believed to indulge twice a year in Thermage laser treatment on her face, brows and neck, thought to cost almost £17,000.

+3

From holistic treatments to weekly facials, not to mention the services of a hair stylist and make-up artist for personal appearances, Miss Paltrow’s regime does not come cheap

EXCLUSIVE: A special Gwyneth Paltrow Christmas Q+

In between these sessions, Miss Paltrow – who split from Coldplay’s Chris Martin last year – heads to Tracie Martyn for facials when she is in New York, where she thinks nothing of paying almost £1,500 a year for microdermabrasion, electronic muscle stimulation and oxygen-mist treatment.
    She is also believed to enjoy an apple stem cell facial – at around £300 a session or £12,000 a year at Sonya Dakar in LA.
    But according to award-winning beauty blogger Mikhila McDaid, low cost beauty products can be just as effective as the more expensive items.
    She told the paper that Montagne Jeunesse mud pacs, which can be bought from high street chemist Boots for £1 a sachet, cause the skin to glow in a similar way to many costly beauty treatments.
    The newspaper also took aim at the hair salon treatments and trims that are estimated to cost Miss Paltrow around £6,000 a year.
    Before she invested in a chain of blow-dry bars this year, she was also paying for weekly blow drys, which were thought to cost her almost £100 each – or around £5,000 a year.

+3

Gwyneth's expensive beauty regime isn't the only part of her maintenance routine coming under fire though.Her January detox, which has recently been published on her lifestyle blog Goop , has now been criticised by nutritionists

Gwyneth Paltrow's tips on how to have a healthy body

They pointed out that it is easy to find a salon that does a cut and blow-dry for £45 a session and that they only need to be topped up every six weeks at the most.
    In fact, a set of highlights, followed by a cut and blow dry can be found for as little as £29 is using a voucher website like Groupon.
    Gwyneth's expensive beauty regime isn't the only part of her maintenance routine coming under fire though.
    Her January detox, which has recently been published on her lifestyle blog Goop, has now been criticised by nutritionists.
    The detailed seven-day plan, which is designed to rid the body of Christmas toxins, recommends beetroot and coriander juice for breakfast, red lentil soup for lunch and chicken salad for dinner on day one, with a snack of rice cakes and almond butter.
    Day three suggests smoothie for breakfast, soup and half a baked sweet potato for lunch and Seared Halibut with Lentils, Kale, and Salsa Verde for dinner, with more rice cakes for a snack.
    But the Sunday Telegraph reports that the diet could leave people too hungry to sleep and also out of pocket if they try to buy the rare ingredients involved in some of the recipes.
    Dr Carina Norris, a registered nutritionist, told the paper: 'If you are not used to this kind of eating you would find yourself hungry at times you wouldn't expect and it could be very hard to sustain and end up falling off the wagon altogether and eating a whole packet of biscuits or reaching for a tub of ice cream.
    'The whole detox idea is not necessary because if your liver and kidneys are in good working order, they are your detox organs.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2896113/Gwyneth-Paltrow-s-beauty-regime-unravels-effects-14-000-ritual-bought-just-150-nutritionists-criticising-January-detox.html

The detailed seven-day plan, which is designed to rid the body of Christmas toxins
    CHRISTMAS toxins? Like booze, fruitcake, plum pudding and ham? WHAT the ever loving fuck?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

"Gwyneth has long been admired for her youthful complexion - the 42-year-old could easily pass for a woman ten years younger on any day. "

Bullshit. No way she looks 32. I think she looks her age, and to be honest possibly older. My sister is just a year older and looks younger than Goopy.
    Shinola likes this.

I have fantastic skin. I'm still young (32), but I can easily pass for 22. My secret: organic buckwheat honey and olive oil. Honey is cheap and lasts for a long time, and leaves your skin looking and feeling smooth and amazing. Olive oil is a great moisturizer. My skin is literally glowing every day. It's really not necessary to spend a bunch of money for great skin. Gwenyth wants to spend that kind of money because it makes her feel better than us little people. To each his or her own I guess.
    Kittylady and Bombshell like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I have fantastic skin. I'm still young (32), but I can easily pass for 22. My secret: organic buckwheat honey and olive oil. Honey is cheap and lasts for a long time, and leaves your skin looking and feeling smooth and amazing. Olive oil is a great moisturizer. My skin is literally glowing every day. It's really not necessary to spend a bunch of money for great skin. Gwenyth wants to spend that kind of money because it makes her feel better than us little people. To each his or her own I guess.
    High five 1982! What's the ratio of the recipe and how long do you leave it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I actually thought about doing this because I get the Goop newsletter and I really went overboard on my grandmother's stained glass Christmas cookies. I read Day 1 and as soon as I saw Godzilla Native Juice was what was recommended for breakfast, I just thought, forget it. Where would I even find that, Japan? So I looked up what Godzilla Native Juice ingredients are and it starts with 10 long dandelion leaves and then 9 leaves of lacinato kale. I didn't even know there were different types of kale! Where am I supposed to find long dandelion leaves? As well as the fact that I'd probably need to go to the hospital since I'm allergic to dandelions.
    Why can't she make a detox with ingredients I can buy from ShopRite?
    10 long dandelion leaves ahahahahahahah
    azoria and Bombshell like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I have great skin too (for my age and location ie melanoma capital of the world) and I put it down to not smoking cigarettes, drinking a ton of water, staying out of the sun and moisturising morning and night. I used to use expensive products but now I can't afford them but it really doesn't matter that much - the good stuff makes it feel nicer, but there's not a whole lot of difference to the appearance.

TL;DR - fuck off Goopy.
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

She's got an awful addiction to being constantly fabulous in public, no matter what anyone says.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    High five 1982! What's the ratio of the recipe and how long do you leave it on?
    No ratio! I just cleanse my skin (I like Neutrogena Gentle or my own homemade cleanser as I have senitive skin) and slap it on everywhere but my eyelids. I keep it on for at least 15 minutes. On the weekends I might do 30 minutes. Then I take a very hot washcloth and I put it on my face for about 20 seconds to give myself kind of a steam facial. Then I use the washcloth to wash it off and follow up with cold pressed organic olive oil. Your skin looks terrific and feels really soft.

I have really dry dry skin and hair so I need the moisture. I heard it's also great for acne. I only get acne around my period, but with the honey routine I only get a pimple every other month or so. When you start the regimen it might make you break out a bit- this will stop after a few days. It didn't happen to me but I know others have experienced it. Also, I use it daily as a regimen but some people only use it once or twice a week.

I am a big natural products person- I don't wear makeup so I give my skin a lot of love to keep it looking great. I have a great natural scrub receipe if you're interested! It works great with the honey.

Make sure you use all organic products. I get my honey from a special store here that sells nuts and spices. I wouldn't use honey from a regular supermarket. But market olive oil is fine as long as it's cold pressed and organic.

Sorry to to derail the thread!!
    I'mNotBitter and MmeVertigina like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

No ratio! I just cleanse my skin (I like Neutrogena Gentle or my own homemade cleanser as I have senitive skin) and slap it on everywhere but my eyelids. I keep it on for at least 15 minutes. On the weekends I might do 30 minutes. Then I take a very hot washcloth and I put it on my face for about 20 seconds to give myself kind of a steam facial. Then I use the washcloth to wash it off and follow up with cold pressed organic olive oil. Your skin looks terrific and feels really soft.

I have really dry dry skin and hair so I need the moisture. I heard it's also great for acne. I only get acne around my period, but with the honey routine I only get a pimple every other month or so. When you start the regimen it might make you break out a bit- this will stop after a few days. It didn't happen to me but I know others have experienced it. Also, I use it daily as a regimen but some people only use it once or twice a week.

I am a big natural products person- I don't wear makeup so I give my skin a lot of love to keep it looking great. I have a great natural scrub receipe if you're interested! It works great with the honey.

Make sure you use all organic products. I get my honey from a special store here that sells nuts and spices. I wouldn't use honey from a regular supermarket. But market olive oil is fine as long as it's cold pressed and organic.

Sorry to to derail the thread!!
    Just put the honey on as a mask and then follow up with the olive oil as a moisturizer? I have locally sourced honey -- would that work or does it have to be buckwheat honey?

Yes yes yes yes yes!
    First time I had it, I slathered it on and not care if I looked like a disco ball because it felt amazing
    Then after a while, I ran out, and started growing cysts. I started applying it and the cysts ,that usually last for months, have vanished within a week.

Olive Oil is a miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Been reading up on detoxes - basically, they're all weight loss programs. You have organs that detox for you on a daily basis - kidney, liver, skin. If your organs aren't pumping the toxins out of your body, you'd probably die pretty quickly. But it's whatever people will buy, and if they think they're detoxing something (which sounds really good!), then something will sell.
    i know, didn't they just publish a study that proved (with science!) that "detoxing" is bullshit?

that said, i'm all for taking a week in january post-holidays to stop drinking like a fish and eating like a pig and partying like you're still in college, which is what i did pretty much my entire holiday. but it's about getting back to normal, not "detoxing"...
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information