Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow Has a New Max Factor Ad and Thinks She's a Writer

She looks toothless
    ManxMouse likes this.

I see MF stuff at stores all the time. I used to be addicted to their foundations. I had no idea they had gone belly-up anywhere. And while Goopy looks great in these pics, she's still a huge pain in the ass.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    My eyes start burning and watering and itching and then it feels like someone is poking needles in my eyes. Basically, like seasonal allergy symptoms, but intensified. At first I thought it was my contacts bothering my eyes, but it just kept getting worse even when I wasn't wearing them. I don't know what it is.
    Oh, my doctor prescribed me Pataday eyedrops. I put the drops in prior to my contacts and it really does help with that. It's like a antihistamine for my eyes! It's pretty pricey even with insurance so my doctor also gave me a coupon that I use each month that brings it down to $25.00 per month for .2oz!
    Amazon has a lot of the max factor products including the 2000 calorie mascara!
    Waterslide likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I can't believe she thinks lunches in town make her a writer.

I thought they did, too and that I'd missed something? I actually could wear a lot of their makeup, so I'm wondering if it's the same formulas.
    Can you use Almay, Waterslide? I thought that they were good for women with cosmetic allergies...
    Waterslide likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

My eyes start burning and watering and itching and then it feels like someone is poking needles in my eyes. Basically, like seasonal allergy symptoms, but intensified. At first I thought it was my contacts bothering my eyes, but it just kept getting worse even when I wasn't wearing them. I don't know what it is.
    same thing happens to me. i always end up with raccoon eyes because the tears start rolling and everything gets smeared. add the red rims and puffiness and i could stand in at a funeral as a professional griever.

might have to get my hands on that mascara you used to use.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Try washing your eyelashes and eyelids with baby shampoo and a q-tip , I have a chronic issues with my eyes and this keeps the insane itchiness at bay , my eye doctor told me I would basically have to do this everyday for the rest of my life , and use Johnson and Johnson brand , i have used other brands and the fragrance can make the situation worse and this also works to take your eye make-up off too
    To wash my eye makeup off I've been using some Lancome stuff I got as a free sample. I never thought of baby shampoo though! I will try this. I wonder if homemade soap without fragrance would work? I think it's similar to J&J Baby shampoo because it has nothing in it but soap. I guess that's really going to get all the makeup build up off the lashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I see MF stuff at stores all the time. I used to be addicted to their foundations. I had no idea they had gone belly-up anywhere. And while Goopy looks great in these pics, she's still a huge pain in the ass.
    I just can't believe this! I swear, I don't see their stuff anywhere. If I'd known it was that available, I would have been buying it for years! I remember them going out of business and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Oh, my doctor prescribed me Pataday eyedrops. I put the drops in prior to my contacts and it really does help with that. It's like a antihistamine for my eyes! It's pretty pricey even with insurance so my doctor also gave me a coupon that I use each month that brings it down to $25.00 per month for .2oz!
    Amazon has a lot of the max factor products including the 2000 calorie mascara!
    I went and asked my doctor about Pataday and he gave me Azelastine. I don't know what the difference is, but it's helped my eyes, but I still have trouble wearing my contacts for long periods of time. I may just be getting used to them again though. I would love for this eye issue to go away, it's especially bad in spring and fall and causes me to be sensitive to light and who wants that when you're walking around during the day? Mel, can you wear any mascara with your contacts or do you like Max Factor? I started wearing a L'Oreal mascara, the only one that would work (even out of the pricey pricey brands), but it's really hard for me to find so I tried looking for other alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Can you use Almay, Waterslide? I thought that they were good for women with cosmetic allergies...
    I've tried Almay to no avail, Bitter. Sadly, I think it flakes off into my eye and no matter what ingredients are in it, it irritates my eye. I've tried at least ten different mascaras and I don't have great lashes to begin with so it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    same thing happens to me. i always end up with raccoon eyes because the tears start rolling and everything gets smeared. add the red rims and puffiness and i could stand in at a funeral as a professional griever.

might have to get my hands on that mascara you used to use.
    LOL, my eyes always used to water, but this past year it's been the worst. Over the spring and summer, I would wake up and my eyes would be glued shut, searing with pain, and then when I finally opened them there were tears down my face and like you, the redness would appear. I don't know if you wear contacts but the L'Oreal one I use is specifically for that, but they only carry it in a few stores. I don't remember what MF mascara I used to wear, might have been the 2000 calorie one. I'll have to go to Amazon and throw Goop a few bucks and get some Max Factor after all these years. LOL
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I went and asked my doctor about Pataday and he gave me Azelastine. I don't know what the difference is, but it's helped my eyes, but I still have trouble wearing my contacts for long periods of time. I may just be getting used to them again though. I would love for this eye issue to go away, it's especially bad in spring and fall and causes me to be sensitive to light and who wants that when you're walking around during the day? Mel, can you wear any mascara with your contacts or do you like Max Factor? I started wearing a L'Oreal mascara, the only one that would work (even out of the pricey pricey brands), but it's really hard for me to find so I tried looking for other alternatives.
    I'm a Loreal gal. I use Voluminous and/or Voluminous Million Lashes (if I can keep it from being stolen off my desk!). I've never used any other kind of mascara. Loreal works well for me so when I found it, I never experimented further!
    Waterslide likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've never liked Fishsticks

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm a Loreal gal. I use Voluminous and/or Voluminous Million Lashes (if I can keep it from being stolen off my desk!). I've never used any other kind of mascara. Loreal works well for me so when I found it, I never experimented further!
    Yeah, L'Oreal is the only thing that works for me too, it's some kind of sensitive eye one. Maybe I should experiment and see if I can wear a different line from them, just because the other stuff is so hard to find.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information