Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow doing the food stamp challenge

czb

are they gonna shame everyone who goes out for a $$$ dinner? that will include me and a LOT of other people....

9nly while perceived to be on the food stamp challenge, I think?
    idunno and Beeyotch like this.
    Free Charmed.

I've had some very lean times over the past few years but luckily I can eat anything at any time of the day (except sweet for breakfast) and if I've cooked a big stir fry or curry I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, no problem. I have soup for breakfast all the time after eating pho every morning in Vietnam. So at a stretch I could live on thirty bucks a week but Sydney is very expensive and I would have to really bargain hunt to get all my ingredients for that price.
    Novice likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    are they gonna shame everyone who goes out for a $$$ dinner? that will include me and a LOT of other people....
    No, just Gwynnie. She could at least Goop about the days she did "try."
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

^^^
    Four days. And she was caught on camera two of them eating at celeb hangouts in LA and New York.

Failed?

Yep. Another celebrity full o'shite. Just keep her in the headlines - one more day -

Her ex-hubby is dating a girl 20 years younger than she is, Goop is 42. She's made perhaps ONE film worth noting in all her life, and that was a decade ago. She's on the downhill slide and she knows it.

But if the Daily Mail keeps her in the spotlight she thinks she may still have some fame left in her tank? (I think not)
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post

Her ex-hubby is dating a girl 20 years younger than she is, Goop is 42.
    Lots of women's ex husbands are dating someone younger, it's not measure of failure of those women.
    twitchy2.0, sluce, sputnik and 6 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Lots of women's ex husbands are dating someone younger, it's not measure of failure of those women.
    No one is suggesting she has failed as a woman.

I'm saying she's a washed up movie star, trying to hang on to her celebrity status through desperate shit like international franchised hair blow-dry bars at exorbitant prices, dandelion colonic cleanse diets, food faddishism publicised far and wide, and a hubby who flew the coop for a girl half her age.

It's her decision how to move forward with her life as a woman. It appears she has no idea how to do so. She still thinks of herself as the dazzling damsel from 'Shakespeare in Love' and long since has had no idea what to do after that.

But it is evident that she will go great lengths to keep her image in front of the public to make a buck, and the Daily Mail has been very accommodating in that regard.

Who doesn't love the Daily Mail? I know I do.

If 'no one' is sugesting she failed as a woman then why remark on her husband dating a younger woman at all? That's nothing to do with her career. And then you mention it yet again.........

and a hubby who flew the coop for a girl half her age.

I don't particularly care for Goop, but I don't see how who her husband is now dating has to do with her.
    sluce likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

So am I to take it that anything I post needs to be cleared through you and approved?

I can post any fucking thing I want, including the speculation that Goopy's husband left her for a younger woman, and that her career is [obviously] washed up, and that she's desperate to stay in the limelight because she's an attention whore.

Or is it that younger woman thing has scratched a bad spot in your Social Warrior Feminism Justice, eh?

(I usually eschew internet battling matches. I'm feeling like taking this one on at the moment.)

And we can read your posts and think anything we fucking want about what you write. You felt the need to mention the younger woman now with her ex-husband, so own it. Calling that out has nothing to do Social Warrior Feminism Justice, but writing that gives me the perception that you don't care for women. If you want to attack Goopy, have at it. But for some reason you feel the need to bring the dating habits of her ex into the equation and it doesn't add up.
    Kittylady and witchcurlgirl like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

For all her faults, Paltrow is built like someone in her twenties. And a fit twentysomething at that. For that reason, I just don't think that the fact that Lawrence is younger is particularly relevant.
    Kittylady likes this.

Maybe. But it's not uncommon for women to feel stung when their ex takes up with someone half their age.

Goop seems to have an amazing ego so maybe not her.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Maybe. But it's not uncommon for women to feel stung when their ex takes up with someone half their age.

When people are vying for film roles, I think the fact that someone younger gets the role is particularly difficult. Especially because Hollywood has a thing against older women. Not sure about relationships, though.

I think the difference between Paltrow and Lawrence (from Martin's perspective) could be more about attitude and controlling nature than age.
    Kittylady likes this.

czb

or chris might go for someone older who isn't a pill.

is good washed up? i dunno. i don't particularly like her, but she wasn't awful in the iron man series. just not who i would have picked. but i never thought of her as having a HOT movie career so this is a strange argument. it's not like she has the same filmography as charlize or even sandra bullock. and NO, i'm not saying sandra is a great actress, just talking about actresses who make popular movies.
    sluce, Novice and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Feeling stung is one thing. Having it used against you is another.
    czb, Kittylady and witchcurlgirl like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information