Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow doing the food stamp challenge

Default Did Gwyneth Paltrow Put Her Food Stamp Challenge On Hold?

Gwyneth Paltrow goes to lunch at Tavern restaurant on April 11, 2015 in Brentwood, California. Gwyneth must be starting her food stamp challenge next week, since it's unlikely her allotted $29 a week would go very far after eating out at Tavern. The #FoodBankNYCChallenge urges participants to spend only $29 for all the food the person eats for seven days. Does it count if someone else picks up the bill at a restaurant?

Did Gwyneth Paltrow Put Her Food Stamp Challenge On Hold? - Pictures - Zimbio
    Kittylady likes this.

I think she meant she was putting her dog on the food challenge. Obviously, not her royal self.
    Kittylady likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Fuck this bitch.
    Kittylady and Kathie_Moffett like this.

I'm behind whatever can be done to call attention to the issue of hunger in America. I have no issue with it being fish sticks. If one person saw that and does something for the cause it's worth it.

What's the difference between one rich celeb doing this and another rich celeb flying in by private jet to do photo ops with the starving in the 3rd world? Not much. In either case the celeb is so far removed from the issues personally as to be a joke, but if what they do helps makes change or draws attention of the average man to the issue and change stems from that it's a positive.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If she's running out to lunch so soon after starting the challenge, it's hard to take her very seriously. It doesn't really look like she's taking it all that seriously either.

Silver Member

Lord, fuck, you know some evil TV executive is looking at Mario’s challenge and thinking about how they’re going to pitch a reality show where a rich bitch and a poor person switch lives for a week. They’ll call it Class Swap and everybody will learn something from it, of course.

I'd watch that! Reminds me of one of my guilty pleasures - Supersize vs. Superskinny. Two people check in to the Eating Center and swap diets for a week (or two). Is it still on?

Elite Member

Yahoo.com has an article on the backlash from Gwynnie's food stamp challenge. I'm a tech idiot and can't post the link, but it's worth checking out. If someone knows how to do it and get the tweets on here -- please go ahead!

czb

thanks for the head's up, tulip - here you go:

Gwyneth Paltrow Eaten Alive on Social Media for Living on $29 Food Stamp Budget

By Todd Cunningham 3 hours ago

Done

. View photo

Gwyneth Paltrow Eaten Alive on Social Media for Living on $29 Food Stamp Budget

Gwyneth Paltrow is slashing her food budget to raise awareness about hunger. But sometimes even the best intentions are met with criticism, eye rolls and sarcasm.
    Last week, the Oscar winner announced that she had accepted The Food Bank for New York City challenge to live on food stamps for one week, with a grocery budget of $29 or about $1.38 per meal.
    According to the #FoodBankNYCChallenge, needy families are given $29 per person as part of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as SNAP, after Congress cut food stamps twice since 2013.
    Also Read: Jon Stewart Filets Fox News Over Food Stamps: ‘What’s With the F—ing Fish?’

Once Paltrow accepted the challenge, she tweeted a picture of her $29 in food choices — brown rice, black beans, peas, eggs, tortillas, cilantro, limes and fresh vegetables.
    But apparently the tweet left a bad taste, with many Twitter users eating the “Iron Man” star alive.
    “Vast difference living on food stamps for 1 week knowing you’ve a safety net of millions, and that being your life every day Gwyneth Paltrow,” tweeted one person.
    Also Read: Inside Gwyneth Paltrow’s Exclusive LA Fundraiser for President Obama
    Paltrow accepted the challenge at the urging of celebrity chef Mario Batali, who is a board member of the Food Bank for New York City.
    The actress, who also runs the luxury lifestyle website Goop, tweeted that she was taking the challenge and “walking in their shoes to see how far we get.” And that set people off, too.
    “Don’t Worry, Poor People: Gwyneth Paltrow Is Here to Show You How to GOOP Your Food-Stamp Benefits,” chided one.
    Below is a sampling of reaction to Paltrow’s food stamp challenge.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/gwy...211604813.html

tulip likes this.

People are assholes. Instead of directing all this anger at paltrow they should direct it at theory elected officials, many of whom don't give a fuck that people in our country go hungry every day.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

eh, paltrow is probably loving all the attention from the peasants. it really worked well for marie antoinette.

Cheap dinner:

Auntie Fee's ramen recipe using roast chicken flavor noodles, shredded chicken and mushrooms.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I'm seeing some potential meals, but not enough for 21 meals. She can make black beans and rice (although she didn't buy any seasonings), bean burritos with guacamole, and black bean, corn and tomato salad. The kale and sweet potato can be combined to make a salad. The eggs, rice, green onion and peas can become fried rice. The eggs can also go into a burrito. I guess the limes are to flavor the tap water she'll be drinking. But it's surprising that she didn't include potatoes, ramen noodles and some chicken or cheese (although cheese is expensive) because it would have given her more options (and calories).

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    People are assholes. Instead of directing all this anger at paltrow they should direct it at theory elected officials, many of whom don't give a fuck that people in our country go hungry every day.
    seriously.
    so... you should walk a mile in someone else's shoes. except don't because the angry masses will be after your ass for for doing so. that makes sense.
    Tati and lindsaywhit like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She is KNOWN for her luxury lifestyle shit she pushes in that stupid GOOP site. I see her and I think of that christmas gift guide that included ridiculously overpriced items. For someone like that to say they're "walking a mile in their shoes" is like Imelda Marcos saying the same thing. I don't think it's raising awareness about anything except Goopy's concern about her image and how she wants to be seen as charitable and concerned for the poors. Saying that elected officials responsible for this should get the same hate is besides the point. Of course they should, they're directly responsible. But they're also not trying to suggest a $4700 gold juicer as a Christmas gift.

Or suggest travel destinations like the an Aman resort in Sri Lanka called Amanwella where an ocean suite is available in February for a cool $1325 a night.

Or putting out precious announcements like they've decided to "consciously uncouple" with their spouse.

So... As long as millionaires like millionaires, they should stop making donations and using their image to raise awareness and/or support any kind of cause because they can't ever relate?
    look, I don't doubt her ulterior motive here (make herself look good) but I long ago stopped caring about why people engage in any kind of philanthropic effort and hey, if this leads to even 5 of goopy's rich friends writing big fat checks or lobbying their politician friends not to cut food stamp funding it so they can score an invite to goopy's next Christmas party, then who cares how out of touch she is or that her food stamp basket contents aren't as practical as that of someone who actually lives on food stamps.

I guess I'm still surprised by the levels of rage they fishsticks elicits in some people.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information