Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree610Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Separate

He may be friends with Pegg, but he married Paltrow. That says something. One listen to Coldplay's shite tells all about what a pretentious twat Martin is. If you can make it through an entire album of that crap, that is.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wouldn't be the first time someone got married and then realized how they really were. I'm not putting the man up for a Nobel Prize or anything. I'm just saying he doesn't seem to be as full of himself as his soon to be ex.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I like the term conscious uncoupling and hope it catches on. It indicates that this is not a quick decision, or a decision made by just one party against the wishes of the other. It informs the world that they have tried and have now consciously (with great thought) decided to no longer be a couple. Please also know she did not invent this term. A therapist named Katherine Woodward started this term in treatment for people working through the end of relationships. The intent is to empower them and let them move forward with a sense of having done all they could before making the decision that to part is the best solution. I don't have time to research and post links but her programs are pretty well know by marriage and family therapists. Some of the old codgers laugh at her approach but others see benefit.
    llamamama, twitchy2.0 and Novice like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    All from crazydaysandnights

March 13, 2014

This A list singer/celebrity who happens to be married to an A list mostly movie actress was certainly not letting his wedding vows get in the way of having a good time. Wearing a hat and sunglasses the singer had a woman on his lap at a party not in either of the cities where he lives. Several big men kept people from doing anything more than getting a glimpse. The woman in his lap was Asian and kept losing the top half of her dress.

Chris Martin- SXSW

January 13, 2014

On Saturday night this A list celebrity spent a ton of money on his A list mostly movie actress wife. She begged and pleaded for him to buy it for her. She doesn't ever spend her own money on anything. He bought it and apparently expected some sex that night which might be understandable considering he spent almost $1M. He didn't get any sex and none the next morning and by the time the Globes occurred our celebrity was in a really bad mood and he was openly fighting with his wife in a very subtle classy kind of way. Apparently this is not the first thing he has bought her recently to try and make her happy and it was not his choice to move to LA and for two married people they hate was palpable.

Chris Martin/Gwyneth Paltrow

February 18, 2013

With stories coming in the next few weeks about the implosion of her marriage, this A list mostly movie actress has entered spin mode. She wants marriage implosion stories to happen under her own schedule so she arranged for photographers to take happy photos of the family which are really awful considering it is her that is destroying the family.

Gwyneth Paltrow

October 9, 2013

"I haven't had sex with my wife in almost two years. Of course I am looking at other people."
    A list celebrity/singer talking about his A-/B+ list mostly movie actress wife.

Chris Martin

There was another blind item that may have been about him. It was from a mother-in-law talking about her son-in-law. Something like, "He's a miserable, rat-faced bastard, but he's great with the kids." Gwneth Paltrow was close to her father and she may have been looking for a guy who would be close to his children. That may have been part of her interest in Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time someone got married and then realized how they really were. I'm not putting the man up for a Nobel Prize or anything. I'm just saying he doesn't seem to be as full of himself as his soon to be ex.
    It's an interesting dichotomy - assessing someone based on exes or friends. Some people do judge people by who their friends are. There are people who absolutely loathe their S/O's ex, but does it mean they should drop their S/O because how in the world did they ever end up with that ex in the first place?

There was another blind item that may have been about him. It was from a mother-in-law talking about her son-in-law. Something like, "He's a miserable, rat-faced bastard, but he's great with the kids." Gwneth Paltrow was close to her father and she may have been looking for a guy who would be close to his children. That may have been part of her interest in Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck.
    That quote could not have come from someone who was married to a guy with Bruce Paltrow's looks.

I think if it can be done at all, it's only is valid when you actually know the people. Not just what you see on TV, films or interviews. Trying to judge people by their friends when you don't know either is a fool's game.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I like the term conscious uncoupling and hope it catches on. It indicates that this is not a quick decision, or a decision made by just one party against the wishes of the other. It informs the world that they have tried and have now consciously (with great thought) decided to no longer be a couple. Please also know she did not invent this term. A therapist named Katherine Woodward started this term in treatment for people working through the end of relationships. The intent is to empower them and let them move forward with a sense of having done all they could before making the decision that to part is the best solution. I don't have time to research and post links but her programs are pretty well know by marriage and family therapists. Some of the old codgers laugh at her approach but others see benefit.
    sluce has been drinking the goop-ade!!! at least you know it doesn't have any HFCS.
    sluce, rollo and Bellatheball like this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I think if it can be done at all, it's only is valid when you actually know the people. Not just what you see on TV, films or interviews. Trying to judge people by their friends when you don't know either is a fool's game.
    Then, please count me as that fool who thinks that if someone is still good friends with Terry Richardson they are probably some kind of a-hole!!!!
    Bellatheball, kasippu and Novice like this.

Not quite the same, but hey, whatever.......

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    sluce has been drinking the goop-ade!!! at least you know it doesn't have any HFCS.
    It's Woodward-ade NOT Goop-ade. DO NOT give her any credit for this term. There is nothing original about her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

^^^ i realize that. but you are giving goopy credit for using this term in lieu of divorce. and maybe i'm naive, but what diff does it make *what* you call it? whether or not you decided over the course of a year or a night, you are choosing not to be with your partner any more.

How dare you infer that I don't know my soulmate and his choice in friends thoroughly!
    witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Not quite the same, but hey, whatever.......
    Well, we do make snap decisions about people here all the time. Sometimes just based on what a person was wearing that day, someone will reply with "Asshole!"

That being said, who knows what Martin or Pegg are really like? Even our own mates have aspects of themselves that may be hidden. We may not even know ourselves, quite frankly.

gas_chick and Bombshell like this.

Plato knows himself. The rest of us are screwed.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ i realize that. but you are giving goopy credit for using this term in lieu of divorce. and maybe i'm naive, but what diff does it make *what* you call it? whether or not you decided over the course of a year or a night, you are choosing not to be with your partner any more.
    I like the term and all it implies. I believe it is better for the kids in the long run from an emotional standpoint (except for how other kids will tease them for mommy using this term. LOL!).

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information