Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree610Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Separate

KUNTY wimmin!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

And apparently now they are in the Bahamas on a trip. Because that is how educated people handle Conscious Uncoupling. She learned from her farmersboy ex.

Weeeell,that makes me sad..10 years 2 kids not a bad score for cele marriages.I liked them as a couple.It seems they will make it easy for the kids and that is what really matters..

From the Guardian, Deluded Tosh\
    Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's 'conscious uncoupling' - what deluded tosh

Paltrow's Goop website essay about the celebrity couple's split offers little 'psycho-spiritual' comfort to the average relationship in difficulty

Paltrow and Martin in happier times Photograph: Corbis

Among the many distinctive attributes of celebrity it has always seemed likely that the most important is the capacity to alter reality, to create a force field in which the normal rules by which the rest of us live are suspended. Something beyond access to an unlimited supply of dazzling white jeans. The suspicion that there is a way of being from which ordinary people are excluded, by their sheer, well, ordinariness, is now confirmed by the revelation of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's divorce, or rather their "conscious uncoupling", which turns out to be a holistic form of splitting up.
    If anyone was going to let slip the key to the back door of the magic world of superstardom, Paltrow was it. She has always made the unreachable appear ordinary. Off the red carpet, her trademark is do ordinary things looking extraordinarily ordinary. The purpose of her website, Goop.com, has always been to allow her disciples to reach out to touch the hem of her lifestyle, to make her recipes and buy the kind of$895 blazer that she might very well be wearing the next time she's papped.
    And it was on her website – this little vestibule from which it is just possible to get a tempting glimpse of her search for spiritual and physical perfection – that she announced that after more than a year of effort to save her marriage (thoughtfully kept from her public, including aferocious battle to suppress a profile commissioned by Vanity Fair), she was entering into a conscious uncoupling from her husband of the past 10 years, Chris Martin. The way they are approaching what can only be a family catastrophe, most particularly for their two children, may offer a template for everyone everywhere facing the failure of their own marriage. Or it may be among the most deluded 2,000 words of tosh ever to be associated with sentient adults.
    Move on from the personal note announcing their decision to separate signed Love, Gwyneth and Chris, above an early, optimistic image of the couple washed in sepia (farewell, youth) and prepare to savour the comforting thoughts of Dr Habib Sadeghi and Dr Sherry Sami. These are people who can make you feel good about absolutely anything. They are snake oil salesmen of the soul.
    Divorce, they tell us in an obvious if uncontentious way, is traumatic and difficult. So the answer is to understand that it is not divorce that is the problem. (Well, no, it's the failed relationship). The trouble is, they tell us with reference to an article in the academic journal Evolutionary Anthropology, we are living too long for marriage to one person to be a sensible choice. We are out of evolutionary synch. We shouldn't feel wretched that we want out, it's normal.
    The key is not to get mad with the other person, because you will end up trapped in an exoskeleton of anger. Instead we should develop a psycho-spiritual spine, a "divine endoskeleton", an internal cathedral. Or, as they don't say, try to find the patience and courage to pay attention to the other person's feelings.
    But finding an inner strength is not enough. How much more satisfactory to change the concept of marriage altogether, dispense with the absurd all or nothing idea of life time commitment, and get married for the day! And if it goes well, get married for another day! When you've done enough days of being married, move on, but don't see it as failure so much as spiritual progress, hopefully recognised by your now ex-partner, and most particularly by your children. "Naturally" – some sentences are so egregiously absurd they have to be quoted in full – "divorce is much easier if both parties choose to have a conscious uncoupling". But even if that's not the case, if you stay calm "you'll see that although it looks like everything is coming apart, it's actually all coming back together."

But some realities can't be altered. You have messed up other lives. It is quite likely that the only person feeling good about all this may be you. Hope that thought doesn't mess up the inner cathedral.

I loved the announcement. So Gwynnie. They were total polar opposites so no shock here.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

well, i guess she'll be looking for the next face to ride/rate EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

This is one below Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise! Something happened with her public image maybe after she had Apple. She went from fairly respected actress to pretentious goop. I'll be waiting for him to remarry or have another child. I'm surprised that she got sympathy here. I just wonder how much actual time they spent together as a family.

Elite Member

The truly negative outcome of this divorce is that now we'll be treated to Gwynnie drivel on and on about "how to coparent succesfully while on a low carb diet" or "how to find time for kids, new lover and a colonic pepper cleanse".

Quote Originally Posted by She's a Rainbow View Post
    Gwyneth was born into an upperclass already famous family. She never had a chance of a normal life or of connecting with "normal" people.
    So, it's impossible to connect with people with a different social status than one's own? All she has to do to understand "normal" is talk/listen to people and grow some empathy. It ain't difficult.
    Bombshell, sprynkles and Kittylady like this.

considering the bitch is an Oscar-winning (undeservedly!) actress, she should be able to fake it. fuck her.
    Beeyotch and MsDark like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Just FYI, Merriam-Webster's online offers this as the first definition of "uncouple":

1 : to release (dogs) from a pair of joined collars

She really has a way with words.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i'm hoping that this will pave the way for a ton of blind item reveals!
    All from crazydaysandnights

March 13, 2014

This A list singer/celebrity who happens to be married to an A list mostly movie actress was certainly not letting his wedding vows get in the way of having a good time. Wearing a hat and sunglasses the singer had a woman on his lap at a party not in either of the cities where he lives. Several big men kept people from doing anything more than getting a glimpse. The woman in his lap was Asian and kept losing the top half of her dress.

Chris Martin- SXSW

January 13, 2014

On Saturday night this A list celebrity spent a ton of money on his A list mostly movie actress wife. She begged and pleaded for him to buy it for her. She doesn't ever spend her own money on anything. He bought it and apparently expected some sex that night which might be understandable considering he spent almost $1M. He didn't get any sex and none the next morning and by the time the Globes occurred our celebrity was in a really bad mood and he was openly fighting with his wife in a very subtle classy kind of way. Apparently this is not the first thing he has bought her recently to try and make her happy and it was not his choice to move to LA and for two married people they hate was palpable.

Chris Martin/Gwyneth Paltrow

February 18, 2013

With stories coming in the next few weeks about the implosion of her marriage, this A list mostly movie actress has entered spin mode. She wants marriage implosion stories to happen under her own schedule so she arranged for photographers to take happy photos of the family which are really awful considering it is her that is destroying the family.

Gwyneth Paltrow

October 9, 2013

"I haven't had sex with my wife in almost two years. Of course I am looking at other people."
    A list celebrity/singer talking about his A-/B+ list mostly movie actress wife.

Chris Martin
    darksithbunny, Brookie and Novice like this.

czb

if those blinds are about goopy, why do they say 'mostly movie' actress? has she ever acted in anything but movies? i'm not aware of her doing broadway, and the only tv i know about is that episode of glee.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    if those blinds are about goopy, why do they say 'mostly movie' actress? has she ever acted in anything but movies? i'm not aware of her doing broadway, and the only tv i know about is that episode of glee.
    Maybe those cooking shows with Mario Orangecrocs.

czb

^^^ ah, i forgot about those. no wonder why.

From Wiki:

Her acting debut was in High (1989), a TV film her
    father directed, and after spending several
    summers watching her mother perform at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts, Paltrow made her professional stage debut there in 1990.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information