Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree610Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Separate

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post

"I think it's different when you have an office job because it's routine and you know you can do all the stuff in the morning, and then you come home in the evening," she said. "When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day, and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom of course, there are challenges, but it's not like being on set."

Is this woman for real? Honestly?

Gwyneth (the name alone annoys me) just called and said I should tell you all to go consciously fuck yourselves. you'll never understand how HARD her life is.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"I think it's different when you have an office job because it's routine and you know you can do all the stuff in the morning, and then you come home in the evening," she said. "When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day, and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom of course, there are challenges, but it's not like being on set."
    no, you don't.
    BITTER and Novice like this.
    -

Elite Member

Her life would be so much easier with a 9-5 office job instead of working 14 hour days for 2 weeks a year

Consciously Uncoupled Gwyneth Is Now Consciously Quitting Acting

Following her announcement that she and Chris Martin are ending their decade-long marriage (that shit's hard, so all my sympathy and best of luck), Gwyneth Paltrow has also declared that she's going to take a break from acting. TBH, my first response to that was...what acting? She's not exactly doing five films a year, and Pepper Potts doesn't exactly gobble up screen time. But still, I get it. Sometimes it is good to simplify and streamline one's life. Sure, Goop has the luxury of doing that much more comfortably and extravagantly than the rest of us, but there's no reason to begrudge her whatever forms of self-care she can afford.

"I just finished a movie in January that I was doing at the end of last year in London with Johnny Depp, and then I had two weeks here, and then I did a couple of episodes for 'Glee' for the 100th episode," Paltrow told E! recently.

With that film wrapped, it's time to "go back to [being] mommy," said Paltrow, who announced her split from Coldplay frontman Chris Martin on her website Goop on Tuesday. "I have a rule about one movie a year, so I can't shoot anything for a while, but I'm developing some material and working on the site and raising kids."

Paltrow, 41, said it's difficult to manage her movie career now that her children Apple, 9, and Moses, 7 are getting older.

She forgot the part about how most working moms work harder than Goop every single day with no one to get them coffee, run their errands, smooth over the details of life for them - and then make about a thousandth of what Goopy makes.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    She forgot the part about how most working moms work harder than Goop every single day with no one to get them coffee, run their errands, smooth over the details of life for them - and then make about a thousandth of what Goopy makes.
    Wait! Are you saying that most working mom's don't get the luxury of sitting in a chair, memorizing some text while they get their makeup and clothes applied by someone else, saunter over to the craft cart for free gourmet food, read two paragraphs of text out loud, and then go back to their air-conditioned trailer to have a hot session with a multimillionaire entertainment lawyer? Are you trying to tell me that isn't status quo for most working moms???
    Kittylady and rollo like this.

^ If it is, I'm going back to work.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quitting acting announcement: Poor Goopy having to deal with the world now knowing her perfect life isn't perfect. And everyone having too much hilarious fun with her pretentious announcement of it is all too much for her. She needs some sulking time.

She'll be back.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think I am going to consciously ignore all of the BS she spouts.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

czb

*waits for sluce and sput to come in and defend our lady of perpetual snobbery*
    Beeyotch and Novice like this.

i am ethereally unified. I'm pretty sure that means I'm better than all of you all. /ends goop imitation

And I'll defend her comments. She has her head up her ass and that's what makes her awesome. But seriously, I think she's saying filming a movie is a major disruption to the kids routine versus a regular job where mom working is the routine. I used to travel for work ... I was never gone weeks at a time. Still, for what she makes, I'm not shedding any tears. I get why she doesn't want to do more films a year though.
    AgentOrange likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    *waits for sluce and sput to come in and defend our lady of perpetual snobbery*
    eh, she's consistent. and not pretending to be anyone she isn't so yeah, i still think the issue isn't goopy herself but people who think that she's trying to relate to them or, even worse, that she should be trying to relate to them. she's not. get over it.
    witchcurlgirl and soogar like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

why does everyone have to relate to everyone anyway? can the average middle class housewife with a house and two cars relate to the poor third world-er who worries about how she's going to feed her kids today, or hope they don't get typhoid?
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^exactly!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She amuses me, personally. But I cannot take her seriously. Other than the money, I really would not want her life. If she wasn't such a mega bitch who had stepped on others and relied on nepotism to get where she is I might feel sorry for her.

I also don't feel like she was raised anywhere near as upper class as many people think. Definitely privileged. But her parents seem way more down-to-earth and likable than she ever has.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information