Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Grimes & Elon Musk Are Expecting Their First Child

Gold Member

Where I am - Northern VA - there are a ton of Teslas and a lot of charging opportunities. But there are not that many super charging stations that I have seen. I don't know how much faster super chargers are than regular chargers.
    I know I live in a townhouse without a garage so there is no tesla in my future as it would be a royal pain to try and charge a car overnight in the parking lot with about 400 kids parents and dogs walking by our house every morning and afternoon to the local school.

czb

the tesla super charger is really fast, like <1hour to fully (90%) charge. the last ~10% of the charge is very slow and it is recommended that you don't typically 100% charge.

the 220v charge is 5-7 hours. so that's what we do overnight. you can program the car to specify when the charge starts. i sync that up with when the electricity charge rate is lowest, which is midnight for here. you can also get the supercharger installed at your home. we don't have that but some of our neighbors do. i *think* you also need the supercharger to get the tesla power wall but i have not investigated that, yet.

also, use of the tesla superchargers are free for the life of the car for the S & X models (at least they were when we bought the car).
    Last edited by czb; January 11th, 2020 at 02:18 AM.

Haven't seen a single Tesla around here in trump land, it's either huge pickup trucks or Hummers or decked out Gladiator Rubicons. As for us, we drive a lowly - and politically suspect - Subaru.
    sprynkles and czb like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Elite Member

I think electric cars are wonderful, but am still uneasy about the whole charging aspect. I haven't done any research on them. Question -- is there something that makes a Tesla better than others? They are cool looking cars, but besides that -- what makes them stand out?

czb

teslas have the biggest batteries around. some provide more than 300 miles on a single charge. so nearly double (or more) than any other car.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    teslas have the biggest batteries around. some provide more than 300 miles on a single charge. so nearly double (or more) than any other car.
    I would love to buy a Tesla. Unfortunately, between my house and job (125 miles) there are 3 charging stations. The nearest to my home is 40 miles away. If our home electric wasn't so expensive I'd consider it.

czb

that's too bad. do your electric rates change at different hours? i was able to zone our garage separately and the electric rates are super cheap after midnight.

if you got the larger battery, you could definitely swing the commute. but personally i wouldn't go electric unless i could also charge at home.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that's too bad. do your electric rates change at different hours? i was able to zone our garage separately and the electric rates are super cheap after midnight.

if you got the larger battery, you could definitely swing the commute. but personally i wouldn't go electric unless i could also charge at home.
    Sadly, the rates stay the same 24/7. The fact that it would so expensive to charge at home is what kept me away from it. We're considering moving, and that area, has a TON of stations. Definitely something we'll revisit if/when we move.
    fgg, czb and greysfang like this.

Elon Musk shared the first pictures of his newborn baby boy with singer Grimes on Twitter on Tuesday - it's the singer's first child and his sixth son.

One showed him cradling the baby in his arms while in the hospital and the other showed his son lying in bed with a tattoo filter applied.

Elon, 48, had taken the decision to post the image after a fan wrote: 'A pic of you holding the baby would break the internet ... please share one.'

Unusual post: The singer posted this picture of her angelic newborn but added a strange tattoo to the baby's face

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...baby-good.html

Cute baby but he never needs to look like this:

I'mNotBitter likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

fgg

Elon Musk and Grimes welcome their first child together

Grimes has seemingly welcomed her first child, according to the baby’s father, Elon Musk.

“Mom and baby all good,” Musk, 48, tweeted Monday night in response to a question about the baby — which was nested in the replies to a tweet from Clean Technica about EPA testing for the Tesla Model S.

The tech guru later tweeted that the newborn is a boy, after a fan inquired about the sex, and said that he and his girlfriend had named him X ∆ A-12 Musk. He also posted a photo of the baby with some app-generated face tattoos. “Never too young for some ink haha,” he joked.

Grimes, 32, announced her pregnancy in January, later confirming in a March Rolling Stone interview that the Space X head was the father.

Canadian native Grimes, who dropped her fifth album, “Miss Anthropocene,” in February, kept followers breathlessly updated on most aspects of her pregnancy, from sending a digital avatar named “Warnymph” to appear in her stead on a magazine cover to revealing a bespoke recipe for a meal called “sludge” that involves couscous, Vegenaise, sriracha and vegetables.

Grimes described pregnancy as “a pretty crazy sacrifice” to Rolling Stone in March, saying that “it’s sacrificing your body and your freedom.”

“I have spent my whole life avoiding that situation,” she noted, “so it was just a profound commitment.”

The child is Grimes’ first, while Musk has five sons from his previous marriage to author Justine Wilson: twins Griffin and Xavier and triplets Damian, Saxon and Kai.

Page Six exclusively revealed in May 2018 that Grimes and Musk were a couple. They walked the Met Gala red carpet together just a few days later.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/04/elon-...o-first-child/

that name can't be, can it?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Where I live, you wouldn't actually be allowed to name a child with weird letters and numerals but who knows with these two crazies?
    fgg and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

It's actually his 7th son. He and his first wife had another son that died before the twins and triplets were born.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Where I live, you wouldn't actually be allowed to name a child with weird letters and numerals but who knows with these two crazies?
    I thought that was a joke! Did they really name the poor kid that?
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I thought it was a joke too?
    Novice likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information