Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Grimes & Elon Musk Are Expecting Their First Child

Gold Member

The man is dating a vampire!
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Sort of related, I never realized the Gaye Musk of the "I wonder what age that is" cover girl (?) commercials was his mom
    Waterslide likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    We just got a Tesla and I kind of forgot what a raging ass he really is. The car is awesome, though. He's an ass and she seems like one too from her instagram post.
    keep telling yourself this. the longer you own the car, the more you will love it. and then you will see elon as a weirdo with amazing vision.

says she who knows.
    KrisNine likes this.

I am strongly considering a Tesla this year or next, Iím getting tired of mine and Iím starting to get the little annoying issues with it. Thereís no reason to have more than one gasoline vehicle in the household and we could always rent if we want to road trip. I wish there was more infrastructure set up before I go electric, but Iíll just plan out any errands I have over the normal back and forth to work.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

are you sure there isn't more infrastructure? there are A LOT of tesla charger stations. as a matter of fact, the app on the car tells you how many bays are available at each charger station. it is a really good system. and typically, the stations are set up in a constellation of services - like near bookstores, starbucks, food places, etc.

i am astounded at how well the infrastructure is set up. and the service technicians (who can also come to your home to change a FLAT) are amazing. i am won over by this car.

and i am someone who hates cars. and i didn't even want to buy this car but caved. and now, i drive it more than mr czb.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

It was coming along in Denver a couple years ago, but in Austin there is nothing. I put my work zip into the evgo.com site just now and returned zero results. But hopefully soon because there are quite a lot of Tesla’s on the roads here.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

that's odd.

i'm not so familiar with your area, but i see a bunch of superchargers in austin.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?bounds=...cation=dc33284

also, if you have a 220v in your garage, you can use that to charge. depending on your battery size, it may only take 5-7 hours (overnight).
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

We had a 220v installed in our garage and bought the Tesla charger, our car will charge fully (or the 80% recommended for normal use) So far we love the car, it is SO fast and very comfortable. If we had more money I would get a second one, probably the X, but I'm not dropping $90k on a car.

I think they are adding more superchargers all over the midwest. I'm on the West Coast and there's no shortage around here.

He may be a genius and incredibly visionary, but Elon is still an ass.

@CZB, what model did you get? We got the 3 Long Range in white, it's beautiful. I love it. We fight over who gets to drive it and for once my husband actually drives OVER the speed limit.

We're going down to one car in the spring and it's going to be the Tesla X. We have a kid and two big dogs, so we really need the space.

My SO works from home and I'm a SAHM so having two cars is crazy. We can rent or uber anywhere from here.
    fgg likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    We had a 220v installed in our garage and bought the Tesla charger, our car will charge fully (or the 80% recommended for normal use) So far we love the car, it is SO fast and very comfortable. If we had more money I would get a second one, probably the X, but I'm not dropping $90k on a car.

I think they are adding more superchargers all over the midwest. I'm on the West Coast and there's no shortage around here.

He may be a genius and incredibly visionary, but Elon is still an ass.

@CZB, what model did you get? We got the 3 Long Range in white, it's beautiful. I love it. We fight over who gets to drive it and for once my husband actually drives OVER the speed limit.
    yes - elon is a douche. no question.

we have the S. the 3 was not available when we purchased the car, ow we probably would've gotten that. we don't have the tesla charger, but have not had any problems with the 220V in the garage.

we have taken trips with the S and charged the car along the way, also no problems.

we also have a gas SUV. so who drives the S is determined by who has the longest commute - this changes daily. the one complaint i have about the S is that the back seat is kinda small for 3 adults. if we had realized that when we were buying we probably would've bought the X. so that is something to consider. other than that, no complaints. the online service people are great and the support who come to you when your car breaks down (i know this from neighbors) or who come to your home when you have a flat (this happened to me) are great.

I won't be in the market for a new car for the foreseeable future but I think Teslas must grow on trees around here. I don't think I've ever seen a charging station for one though.

Just googled...the closest one to me is hidden in a subdivision. Weird.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

hmmm. usually there are chargers at malls. or sometimes one is hidden in a public parking garage. the non-tesla people may not notice them, but they are easily seen in the console of the tesla so that the driver can easily find them.

here they teslas are like fleas. when i go to the east coast, they are more prevalent than a few years ago but not like they are here. and i was just in CO last week, i saw a few here and there but not like i see on the west coast. but if i lived in the mountains, not sure i would drive a tesla. probably a subaru.
    KrisNine likes this.

Hopefully she has stopped doing drugs.

There's a new neighborhood near where I live. It's a planned community that's very eco friendly. The houses are all "green" with tinted windows, tankless water heaters, eco friendly landscaping, etc. When buying the houses one of the upgrades is a charger in the garage. All of the community parks have several chargers, as well as their community center and ice rink.

When we were in the PNW, our first neighborhood in Bellevue had two right in front of our building. They were free and we used to park our hybrid there.

We were just talking about buying a used gas car, maybe a subaru, so we at least have that just in case.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I won't be in the market for a new car for the foreseeable future but I think Teslas must grow on trees around here. I don't think I've ever seen a charging station for one though.

Just googled...the closest one to me is hidden in a subdivision. Weird.
    Of all places out here, the Walmart installed something like 6-8 super chargers in front of their store. They are not right up front, but rather in the rear of the lot, but that also puts the chargers in equal walking distance to a Starbucks and a Chik-Fil-A.

I don't know if you guys knew this, but I think this week, Tesla became the most valuable car company in US history - market value of $85 Billion. That means electric is here to stay -- and grow. And everyone else better get on the bandwagon or become a dinosaur.

Another very interesting, and hilariously delicious, stat is that short sellers of Tesla stock have lost at least $2 Billion this year. In other words, they bet that Tesla would announce bad sales/performance, and borrowed shares from other shareowners and then sell them because they believe they can buy replacement shares at a much lower price after the target company announces bad news. You can hate this Musk dude, but don't underestimate him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information