Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Goes Ballistic On Stage

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    I never liked them or thought very much of their music. Their earlier stuff is okay and has its place, can't deny that, but for quite a while they've been not far from her level imo. I wouldn't go as far as to say they're a shitstain like Rihanna but I don't place their music much above hers *shrug* I just think they're lame *runs and hides*
    My nephew adored them for ages. GD never really did it for me, though. I don't hear any real voice or sound, just pretty standard garage band rock&roll.

BUT, since Rihanna basically records eight bars of one vocal track that gets expanded into songs by producers, I don't think she is fit to kiss Billie Joe's ass. Green Day actually writes and plays their own music. That puts them on a whole superior level to someone like Rihanna.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I really liked Green Day around 1994. I had their first two albums and played them nonstop. I also liked their comeback album in, what, 2002 or so? American Idiot? That was fun, if a little juvenile to be written by adults. My kids really enjoy it. The more I hear Billie Joe talk, though, the more it reminds me that he makes me 16 year old stepson sound mature by comparison.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours is a really good album

fgg

^my favorite. i like their old stuff.
    00Kimmi00 likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Not a word I use that often, but that guy is pussy, same as the Coldplay and Oasis guys. I hate that fucking Time of Your Life song or whatever it is. That song and I Don't to Wait For Our Lives To Be Over" song make me want to throw things. Every time I'm in a store it's one of those songs. To me it's not influential, it's derivative. Just a bunch of whiny, pussy males. I feel better, thank you.

^Aww, I like Time of Your Life.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Don't like Time of Your Life? Soulless, just soulless. smh
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't like his voice, that's probably why. I'd like to hear someone else sing it.

Send me your number and I'll call and sing it for you. I'll conference in Greys for a duet.
    Bellatheball likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The song is actually titled Good Riddance, which makes it all even funnier.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Not a word I use that often, but that guy is pussy, same as the Coldplay and Oasis guys. I hate that fucking Time of Your Life song or whatever it is. That song and I Don't to Wait For Our Lives To Be Over" song make me want to throw things. Every time I'm in a store it's one of those songs. To me it's not influential, it's derivative. Just a bunch of whiny, pussy males. I feel better, thank you.
    Most music makes me want to throw things. Side effect of my behavior modification. I begged them for drugs but "no" they said, "give therapy a chance."

Visions of madness: Clockwork Oranges & Artificial tears

Oddly enough that reminds me of a former American hostage I heard interviewed. He'd been held in the Middle East and one of the mind control tactics his captors would use on him was to constantly play American popular music at top volume. Their idea was that it would make him homesick and break him down. However they didn't seem to get American tastes so the stuff they played was "crap". He said the whole thing brought him to the edge of madness.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; September 27th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

"A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Send me your number and I'll call and sing it for you. I'll conference in Greys for a duet.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The song is actually titled Good Riddance, which makes it all even funnier.
    Only if you two go on tour as The New Sweeney Sisters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information