Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Gordon Ramsay & Wife Tana are Expecting Their Fifth Child

I'm in my late 30's and still single. Every couple of years I wonder if I'm missing out on not having kids and if I should look into adopting or finding someone. But, then I get over it and realize that I want to retire early, travel and spend money.
    czb, OrangeSlice, Mrs P and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I'm in my late 30's and still single. Every couple of years I wonder if I'm missing out on not having kids and if I should look into adopting or finding someone. But, then I get over it and realize that I want to retire early, travel and spend money.
    Yup, when asked why we didn't want kids, it was that we'd like to retire early, travel and spend money. Heck, we'd be out of the country now if it weren't for the fur kids. Once they're gone, we're gone.
    teforde23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Yup, when asked why we didn't want kids, it was that we'd like to retire early, travel and spend money. Heck, we'd be out of the country now if it weren't for the fur kids. Once they're gone, we're gone.
    Yup. I have for kids too and cant travel as much because of them. I always tell myself I will retire somewhere in Europe when the last one passes.

Speaking of this - even the presence (and inconvenience) of kids is transient. My coworker (and good friend) just saw her twins off to college this Fall. She said having the empty house was almost crushing (she was a doting mom). Then, she and her husband come home at the end of the day, and look at each other like "now what are we going to do?" And they still are in that phase. I knew them BEFORE they had kids -- I thought they would have a whole roster of things planned.

My oldest is 17 and my youngest 12 and I am very much excited by the opportunity to live a life centered around travel and exploring once they are grown and launched.
    ConstanceSpry and needmeds like this.

My older two are married and (finally) on their own. My youngest, and only girl, is still living at home while she continues her education. Luckily, we get along great, but I don't think I'll feel too lonely when she's out. Time may prove me wrong, but I've always craved a lot more alone time than most people.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Over 40 pregnancies are more likely and carry less risk of stuff like Down syndrome when you’ve already had lots of kids. My parents had number 5 when my mom was 41, another family i know (they’re opus dei) has number 8 when the wife was 46, I have two friends whose mothers had them in their 40s after they had resigned themselves to being childless (this was pre IVF), there are others. It’s rare but it happens.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Band aid baby but not to avoid the empty nest!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

If it is a band-aid baby, then it's just about the stupidest thing ever. Why would anyone want to start all over at this point in their life and be stuck with an unhappy marriage AND having to raise another kid? There have been stories of him messing around for years, so obviously the first batch of kids didn't work that well. They are grown now. Move on. Be free. Live your life for you and be happy.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

^ They are close friends with the Beckhams so band-aid babies are the best!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Wish them the best.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information