Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell To Wed After 30-Year Relationship - Report

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm also of the opinion that if you hunt it you should eat it and make the kills as clean and as quick as possible. I can't really be any other way as while where I'm from isn't somewhere that has herds of deer roaming I did grow up eating rabbits my grandad and his friends had shot and feeding chickens on allotments that would end up on the table one Sunday.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

When I was a kid, I remember being in a family friends house (friends of my grandparents) and I was sitting on the couch and next to me was an ashtray made out of a bear's paw. Very macabre. I asked my dad about it, and he said the family friend (more like the husband of the friend) had shot the bear. I thought that sounded pretty exciting until my dad added that the guy admitted he shot the bear while it was sleeping under a tree.

^^ Please feel free to use my Dad's joke. Not sure if it's original but it made me hysterically laugh as a kid. Whenever we'd see a stuffed deer head or other animal head on a wall, he'd say "Do you know how fast it had to be running to go through that wall"!

Speaking of Goldie, "Death Becomes Her" was on either ShowTime or Cinemax this morning. Love that movie - horrifying, but very entertaining.

While I could never hunt for any purpose, I am glad for the people that do where I live in order to keep the population under control. Driving is an adventure all the time but when the deer are running around here you better get ready. Every single person I know that hunts deer uses every part of the animal they kill. Those are the people you will want as friends when the zombie apocalypse comes.
    MsDark likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    When I was a kid, I remember being in a family friends house (friends of my grandparents) and I was sitting on the couch and next to me was an ashtray made out of a bear's paw. Very macabre. I asked my dad about it, and he said the family friend (more like the husband of the friend) had shot the bear. I thought that sounded pretty exciting until my dad added that the guy admitted he shot the bear while it was sleeping under a tree.
    I'm good with hunting and eating what you kill, but I draw the line at stuffed dead body parts around the house. My dad had a stuffed deer head on the wall for much of my childhood and I used to have bad dreams about it. I don't understand the draw with that.

My ex's little brother (whom I adore) is definitely the type that needs a few kills to last him through the winter (rural Maine). Otherwise, he'd have no meat to eat. He hunts several things but one of them is bear. With hunting dogs. And bears are MUCH bigger up there than there are down here. He puts the dogs between him and the bear and that's his "buffer". Gives him more time to run while his poor dogs are fighting the bear. I don't agree with that at all. Of course, his dogs are outside dogs (yup, even in Maine winters) and he's not really sentimentally attached to them ... they're hunting dogs. He asked my ex to go hunting bear with him and wanted him to use our two highly trained Vizslas (very expensive breed and we put several thousand more into training them). Even though they were hunting dogs, on their downtime, they were the family dogs and lived inside. I LOVED those dogs. My ex told his brother that he doesn't hunt anything that can outrun him. Or eat him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information