Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell To Wed After 30-Year Relationship - Report

That's your opinion, there's no sport in shooting deer. It's nothing to be proud of. If you live in the deep country and you live on what you hunt I agree...it's necessary but it ISN'T a sport.

Whatever. IDGAF so long as the meat isn't wasted.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    That's your opinion, there's no sport in shooting deer. It's nothing to be proud of. If you live in the deep country and you live on what you hunt I agree...it's necessary but it ISN'T a sport.
    You're the one referring to hunting as a sport. Hunting is hunting if they eat the meat. IMO it's a sport, and a terrible one, when people hunt simply to kill for no purpose.
    msdeb, mostroop, Brookie and 3 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I was referring to Kurt who hunts for the sport of it...whether or not he eats the dead meat I find nothing courageous or talented about killing defenseless animals. People call it a sport but as I stated I don't think it takes much talent in killing something that can't fight back and often travels in herds where you can gun down many at one time. Just because you eat the meat doesn't make it ok, You can go to the market unless you do live in the deep country and actually survive on hunting.

Whatever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You can go to the market unless you do live in the deep country and actually survive on hunting.
    Do you think the meat sold at the market comes from animals that died of natural causes?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I love Peter Dinklage, who is vegetarian. He said "I could never kill an animal, and I'd never expect someone else to kill one for me".
    Brookie, lindsaywhit and panic like this.

He's an avid hunter so he can go fuck himself. Where's the sport in killing big defenseless bambis? If they're eating your crops then build a fence or repair the fence you have. He and his friend Ted Nugent can go hang themselves.
    Unfortunately, they don't just eat your stuff. They run out in the road and cause horrific car accidents, too. Just as one example, one of them got hit by a car, and the head flew off and hit the car behind and killed a person in THAT car. Even in this liberal enclave, they encourage limited periods of hunting to get their population under control.

I was referring to Kurt who hunts for the sport of it...whether or not he eats the dead meat I find nothing courageous or talented about killing defenseless animals. People call it a sport but as I stated I don't think it takes much talent in killing something that can't fight back and often travels in herds where you can gun down many at one time. Just because you eat the meat doesn't make it ok, You can go to the market unless you do live in the deep country and actually survive on hunting.
    And this is a considerable part of the whole food-chain issue.
    1) Food in those shops (eg venison) is shot by people, you know, hunters?
    2) If you are rich like Kurt you can afford to hunt for the "sport" of it, but many of the families of these hunters depend on the meat and the extra cash that the carcases bring in.
    3) Poor people hunt too.
    4) Meat doesn't come from a polystyrene tray machine, it was once a living breathing animal.
    5) If we had less disconnect between what we eat and where it comes from there would be more respect from shoppers buying food, more knoweldge on food and less food waste.
    6) Many animals, deer & rabbits included are deemed "pests" and landowners are legally obliged to keep their numbers down.
    7) I'd much rather go with a clean rifle shot to the head when I known nothing about it than die an agonising death being splattered on the front of someone's vehicle or being starved to death due to lack of food in a population explosion.

YMMV.

NB. I have a special interest in this as, as an ex-vegeterian, I raise beef cattle.
    And yes, they all have names.

I hope she gets a nice haircut and color for the wedding pictures..
    darksithbunny likes this.

And wear a decent bra!
    effie2 and darksithbunny like this.

And lay off the fillers.
    darksithbunny likes this.

And I really hope she doesn't wear a boring white dress.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Unfortunately, they don't just eat your stuff. They run out in the road and cause horrific car accidents, too. Just as one example, one of them got hit by a car, and the head flew off and hit the car behind and killed a person in THAT car. Even in this liberal enclave, they encourage limited periods of hunting to get their population under control.
    Mo you are right. Where I live, they breed like crazy. If we didn't have a deer hunting season we'd be overrun in no time. I've taken care of a patient who almost died when a deer crashed into the windshield of her SUV while driving down the interstate. Trust me, it's also a much more humane death for the deer. I've known people who had to put a deer out of its misery once or twice when it didn't quite die after an accident they were either involved in or came upon shortly after.

Almost everyone I know here in the south who hunts deer eats the meat. I've had deer meat myself. I can't hate someone just because they hunt. I have to know more.
    msdeb and gas_chick like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^ Same where I live, Mrs. Dark. I know we have a thread or two here where we've talked about this subject before. I live in a very densely populated state (with people) that also has a very, very strong population of white-tailed deer. I totaled a brand new car when a herd came flying out of nowhere in a retirement community with no woods around (where the hell were they going??). Luckily I was one of the few lucky ones that didn't have a fatal crash. The deer was put down by the police (it was paralyzed). I almost had another accident a couple of years later, but this one was scarier and more dangerous. Now is the time of year when they rut ... which means when a buck will chase a terrified doe for MILES to mate with her. The doe is so frenzied to get away from the buck that they will run out on 6 and 8 lane highways. Their carcasses line the highways here and each one represents, at best, severe car damage, and at worst, a fatal car accident. My state has a very lengthy hunting season to control the population and they're still overpopulated. I know many, many people who hunt (I don't, but I support those that do hunt white-tailed deer here), and every.single.one. eats or shares the meat with others. Some people are low income and literally use the meat to survive the winter. Not all meat comes in a pretty package from the grocery store.
    greysfang and Tati like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information