Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Goddammit! Lauren Bacall has died too.

Very sad. She was great.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I never get tired of How To Marry A Millionaire - one of her better 50s films...but I've been kind of expecting this one. She even stopped going out a couple of months ago...
    So deliciously chic.

Damn. I know they gotta go sometime but damn. I got one Betty Bacall story. Saw her hailing a cab outside her apartment building in the early 90's, - (The Dakota - John Lennon, Leonard Bernstein, Rex Reed) - I stopped in my tracks. She was a vision in camel. Camel wrap over camel pants, tan pumps, Hermes bag, her arm went up to hail the cab just like you'd imagine. Total fabulous glamour. And that HAIR.

Will LeAnn say something?

Last edited by Chalet; August 12th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

I was really sad when I saw this. She was so cool. Whenever I think of her, I can't help but think of her scene in the Celluloid Closet. Lauren Bacall was so alluring and mysterious in that scene.

They really don't make them like that anymore. What a fascinating life she led.

RIP Lauren Bacall.

She was just about one of the last connections with old Hollywood. She was truly a great talent.

The last of the great screen royalty of the 1940's and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Well damn. One of the last truly great icons. The don't make them like that any more. As you can tell by my avi, she was one of my all time favourites, she was so effortlessly elegant and had such a strong persona on screen. I feel like the golden age of Hollywood has died; there are so few remnants of that era.

Bogie and Bacall:

And from one of my most beloved films with her, Murder on the Orient Express. I used to watch this movie so often in my childhood and was just blown away by her elegance and magnetism. I wanted to grown up to be as sophisticated as her. She was always so impeccably styled and so incredibly gorgeous that it would have been easy for her to be just beautiful scenery, but her characters were so strong and smart and independent. She never played a shrinking violet or a damsel in distress; her roles always displayed depth and wit and a woman with her own motivations and ideas. I wanted nothing more than to be like her when I grew up. Rest in peace Lauren, and thank you so much for giving a little girl something to dream about.

Laurent, dougie, Lalasnake and 1 others like this.

RIP to the exceptionally gifted film noir icon of the silver screen Lauren Bacall (September 16th, 1924-August 12th, 2014).....we Love you Betty!

Last edited by Lily Bleu; August 12th, 2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Lalasnake and Brookie like this.

Awww. My favorite movie of hers was Key Largo of course. I see her picture every day at my local bar. She was so gorgeous. Rip.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

She was so chic and stunning even as an older woman
    *DIVA!, Kittylady, penname and 2 others like this.

My favorite Lauren Bacall film is a lesser-known, heartrending noir called "In A Lonely Place." Nicholas Ray directed and it's his finest hour. Bogie is brilliant and so is Bacall (and the memorable Gloria Grahame, too.) I really recommend checking it out. No better way to remember this smart, lovely and original woman.

I hope Betty's soul is with Bogie again.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This, following on from Robin Williams, has really got me down. Lauren Bacall was always at the top of my list for Old Hollywood leading ladies. She really did combine sexiness and sensuality and made it seem effortlessly graceful, The young whippersnappers these days who think flashing tits and arse is all you need to be sexy could have learned a thing or two from her - it's all in a look, a smile, the way you carry yourself and Betty had that by the bucketful.

"Losing Bogey was horrible, obviously. Because he was young. And because he gave me my life. I wouldn't have had a I don't know what would have happened to me if I hadn't met him I would have had a completely different kind of life. He changed me, he gave me everything. And he was an extraordinary man." (interview with Larry King - 2005)

You know, my first thought when I heard the news this morning was "She's with Bogey again...". Rest well, Ms Bacall.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    My favorite Lauren Bacall film is a lesser-known, heartrending noir called "In A Lonely Place." Nicholas Ray directed and it's his finest hour. Bogie is brilliant and so is Bacall (and the memorable Gloria Grahame, too.) I really recommend checking it out. No better way to remember this smart, lovely and original woman.

I hope Betty's soul is with Bogie again.
    With Bogie or with Jason Robards? Didn't she marry him later in life? But yeah, Bogie was her true love I suppose. One of a kind Ms. Bacall, with that unique voice and intonation. Another original gone, sigh.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

She had an absolutely fascinating face. R.I.P.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Wow, she looked different in high school!

Remember, she was only 18 or 19 when she played opposite Bogey for the first time.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    With Bogie or with Jason Robards? Didn't she marry him later in life? But yeah, Bogie was her true love I suppose. One of a kind Ms. Bacall, with that unique voice and intonation. Another original gone, sigh.
    She did marry Jason Robards in 1961 but they were divorced by 1969.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information