Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: God Gave Toni Braxtonís Son Autism Because She Got an Abortion

yeah I should really check my spelling before I post ,I did mean Denim like the jeans , this autocorrect makes me seems like I'm drunk or something

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    yeah I should really check my spelling before I post ,I did mean Denim like the jeans , this autocorrect makes me seems like I'm drunk or something
    I was thinking that you were thinking it was a funky spelling of "Demon" -- you know Demin

Oh Honey.. Just like the rest of the fake Christians.. Your perception of Jesus is wrong!!
    the part in the Bible you all seem to miss..he died for all of out sins so we were ALL forgiven!!!!!
    Bellatheball and dexter7 like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't care for toni braxton but i'm not going to judge her for this.
    first, i find it very sad that she hasn't been able to free herself from the ignorant beliefs she was raised in that would lead her to believe god would punish her by giving her an autistic child. second, i don't know where on the spectrum her child is but have you ever been around a deeply autistic child? i don't mean aspies or the more 'manageable' cases. and honestly, i have nothing but respect for any parent of a special needs child and especially of severely autistic children. my good friend is a therapist for autistic kids and i've seen her with these children and it takes the patience and compassion of a saint to be able care for them, and imagine doing that day in, day out? it takes a huge toll on marriages, family life, etc. and yes, i can totally see why a parent would feel like they were being punished.

but yeah, on the accutane stuff, pretty sure her doctor warned her of the risks so either she ignored them, or she really is so unlucky that she got pregnant despite the fact that you're supposed to be on the pill and use condoms if you're on it. and given that this is a woman who has gone bankrupt twice because of her out of control spending habits, i'm gonna wager that responsible behaviour isn't something she does well.
    I can't wrap my head around anyone thinking any child is a punishment. I understand that it can be tremendously difficult to raise a child with profound special needs. But a punishment? It's a child.

^^ It's a version of guilt. It's not much different than a woman with a disabled child beating herself up over the one glass of wine or the sushi she ate or the vaccinations she let her child have. I think it's pretty standard to blame ourselves. And when we do that aren't we implying the result is our punishment? Her guilt just has a deity in it.
    sputnik and Laurent like this.

Shame and guilt are really powerful emotions and many times, nothing rational about them.

I guess I would have a hard time viewing my child as punishment for something I did in my past. I'm not a believer in anything, but I would question believing in a god that punished an innocent child because of something the parents did. That's all kinds of fucked up.
    tulip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Yeah, I had read up on it before my doctor recommended it and decided that it just wasn't worth it. I've also been staving off the recommendation of a daily antibiotic for some time, too.

I would really love to have nice, clear skin all the time, and I do what I can, but I'm not going to ruin my liver or digestive system doing so I would rather have a spotty face than a destroyed liver.
    I had very bad, cystic acne for a long time, and I found that Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser combined with not popping/picking at my acne (and keeping touching it to a minimum) has worked wonders. I don't know if your acne is cystic or not, and I don't know whether the cleanser works as well on non-cystic acne, but it's certainly something I'd suggest trying. Learning not to touch, pop, or pick at my acne also helped a lot, because all that does is spread the infection. Both accutane and a daily antibiotic sound like really bad ideas to me, healthwise.

I currently have another prescribed regimen that is working okay. It seems to be the way of things that I will find something that works for six months or so...and then it will no longer work and sometimes even make things worse. I had a lot of stress last year, too, which left me vulnerable to infection (thus acne outbreaks) and had some terrible cystic acne along my cheekbones on both sides of my face. It stopped, but then I tried a regimen made by Rodan + Fields to help me with the scarring left from that and that just tore my skin up. I am good about not picking at it, but that only seems to help so much. My friend who sells it kept insisting I needed to just use it longer, but it wound up sending my face on a terrible cycle

My skin is very oily which is nice in some ways because it stays very young looking. The acne was never this bad when I was a teen, though. I had some, but my adult acne has been a pretty constant battle

But anyways, back to Toni Braxton: she manages to sound both demented and insulting at the same time with this. I hope someone who's judgement she values tore her a new one after this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Isn't it fun to buy acne meds and anti-wrinkle cream on the same shopping trip?
    Laurent, sparkles and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Shame and guilt are really powerful emotions and many times, nothing rational about them.

I guess I would have a hard time viewing my child as punishment for something I did in my past. I'm not a believer in anything, but I would question believing in a god that punished an innocent child because of something the parents did. That's all kinds of fucked up.

She doesn't see her son as punishment. She sees his condition as something she caused because she displeased God. Nutso for sure, but I see guilt, too.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well, God gave me hemorrhoids, since I'm a pain in everyone else's ass.

My issue with this isn't that she has these feelings, but that she published them in a book for her son to read or hear about one day.
    tulip and stef like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information