Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Glenn Frey of The Eagles dead at 67

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I pretty much like all of their songs. 67 is too damn young. I have a few close friends 68. I hate this.
    My dad is 69, I'm pretty worried..

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    They made a lot of great road trip songs, Take it Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling and more.
    Yep, it makes want to go on a road trip just to pop in a few cd's of theirs.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He must have been in hideous pain,poor dear. Not all the money could fix this and I hope he is at peace now.
    HWBL likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Another one that is getting me in the feels. My dad played them on a loop when I was a kid. Love the Eagles. So many great songs. I'm glad I got to see them at least before he passed. RIP Glen Frey. Thanks for the music I'll still listen and sing along too until I die.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

A really nice live version of another favorite. Love Glenn's vocals on this.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This one made me cry. I told a friend last night that all of our rock stars are dying off. If you are over the age of 50, you had Hotel California on vinyl and you probably still have it. Beautiful album.

RIP, Glenn.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^ I had it on cassette and kept it in my mom's car. I associate it with driving. Poor Glenn was so so sick. That's a lot of stuff to have at one time. I'm a Take it to the Limit kinda gal.

Eagles singer Glenn Frey’s death is being blamed partly on the drugs he took to combat rheumatoid arthritis — and while used to treat thousands of American sufferers, the medicine also can leave them vulnerable to serious infections, experts say.

Many of the medications that treat the autoimmune disease, which affects around 1.3 million Americans, come with a slew of possible side effects, from heart failure to tuberculosis.
    That’s because some of the most effective treatments, known as disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS), work to suppress patients’ overactive immune systems, which can make them vulnerable to infection.

Frey died Monday at age 67 from pneumonia and colitis, as well as the long-lasting effects of the arthritis on his body, his manager, Irving Azoff, told the Web site The Wrap.

Azoff added that the pneumonia he contracted was a side effect “from all the meds.”

“The point [Frey’s manager] made about the medications in relation to pneumonia, that is very possible,” Marcy O’Koon, senior director for consumer health at the Arthritis Foundation, told The Post on Wednesday.

“With DMARDS, you are vulnerable to infection, in fact, speaking to RA, you’re more vulnerable to infection any way.

“That’s something people have to watch out for and contact their doctor at the first sign of fever.”
    Those who suffer from the chronic inflammatory disorder have to weigh the many life-changing benefits of strong drugs that treat the disease against their nasty side effects, experts say.
    The leading anti-inflammatory drug, Humira, for example, can lead to an increased risk of certain types of cancers, serious infections and nervous system problems, according to the Federal Drug Administration.

Modal TriggerSimilar drugs, all of which are in a newer class called biologic agents, such Remicade and Enbrel, come with the same possible side effects.

“They may be very rare, but there are still risks,” O’Koon said.

However, she touted the new “biologics” as being a “big advancement” for those living with the disease — not just for slowing its progression, but also for reducing patients’ chances of developing cardiovascular disease.

One New York City physician compared the drug risks to jumping in a taxi cab, saying, “there’s always a risk we could crash.”

“Untreated RA can be a very serious medical condition,” the doctor said. “Ideally, we’d like to get it under control.”

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/20/behind-the-arthritis-drugs-being-blamed-for-glenn-freys-death/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information