Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree387Likes

Thread: Glee actress Naya Rivera is missing, presumed dead, after boat ride

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My experience was the same--I simply didn't belong to social circles that drank or used drugs in high school. If I had, I would have definitely tried them, which happened in college.

The other thing that I feel was a big factor in my not having drugs available--drugs are expensive. Weed and alcohol too. In addition to being sheltered, my family just didn't have the money for vices.

Re: Naya, this just saddens me even more for her poor little boy. It would definitely make me anti-everything if I grew up without my mom because of all those intoxicants.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    have never done crack, meth, heroin, quaaludes. never injected anything.

i'm one of the few people i know who isn't currently on a pharmaceutical to maintain mental wellbeing. but i think SSRIs are probably on the uptake during the pandemic. at least that is my assumption since i've never seen so many depressed people.
    I've never done recreational drugs of any kind, and like Beeyotch, I couldn't have afforded them anyway. By the time I could, the idea was not appealing to me anyway. The only pills I take these days are the multivitamins and fish oil pills that Mrs Mo hassles me about. I'm a moderate drinker descended from a family of alcoholics. If I want to feel high, I play video games or look at old vacation photos.
    Sarzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Same with me, when I was waiting for hip surgery and after the surgeries, I took the opioids for the pain, once it was gone I no longer needed or craved them. I must say though, that I did love the dilaudid shots that they gave me while in the hospital.
    Yeah, I had some of that too. They gave me fentanyl in the ER and another shot of it before they put me in the ambulance. I remember talking to the woman in the ambulance but don't remember a thing about getting to my room. Just woke up later and there I was in a hospital bed. Good times
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm one that has never done illegal drugs, but I'll admit that if they make marijuana legal I'd probably be into it. I don't really consider myself a prescription drugs person either, but I have to take an antidepressant every day. I've struggled with that since I was an early teen and went through hell trying to find the right routine. I finally had to acknowledge to myself that it was severe and chronic and I would not be able to be alive without it. Give me about 3 months or so of being off of it and I'm actively suicidal again. It's nothing in particular going on in my life, it's just this chronic thing living in my head that will not allow me to feel like living. It used to be the same way with anxiety, but actually taking anti-anxiety medication helped so much that I was able to go off of the anti-anxiety meds. They gave me enough stability that I could stay in anxious situation long enough to build up some tolerance skills so I only take one of those pills once or twice a year now. That and taking mega doses of Vitamin D have changed my life over the last couple of years.

I'm not crazy about pain pills. I had surgery in 2017 and was in the ER a couple of times before they did the surgery. I got dilaudid the first time and that was the most amazing experience. I was a 10/10 in pain and was so tense and doubled over but when it hit, it was an instant wham and my whole body relaxed. I could still feel the pain but I just didn't care anymore. That was the only time I've had that kind of sensation. After the surgery they gave me morphine, but I didn't need it and told them they could switch to the oral meds because I was sick of having an IV. Then a week after follow up the doc said I had to be off of the prescription pain meds before he would release me to drive and I just shrugged and handed him the bottle. I think I took two during the whole week after I was discharged from the hospital.

My mom's family is eat up with addiction, both of her parents were alcoholics, tons of the extended family were alcoholics, most of my uncles were probably alcoholics and I've got plenty of cousins that love some meth. I just don't want to ever be in a position to cause my parents the same pain that my mom has felt over them. It's just out of my comprehension how a parent goes out on a lake alone with a small child with drugs and alcohol. Maybe for some people it's the norm and I know that's probably the norm for a lot of my clients' families, but it's still just staggeringly irresponsible.
    palta, Trixie, czb and 2 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Yeah, I had some of that too. They gave me fentanyl in the ER and another shot of it before they put me in the ambulance. I remember talking to the woman in the ambulance but don't remember a thing about getting to my room. Just woke up later and there I was in a hospital bed. Good times
    When I woke up in the recovery room after the first surgery I told the nurses that my brother Jimmy was in the waiting room for me, I don't remember it though. Right before they knocked me out the anesthesiologist ask how long Jimmy and I had been together because we looked like brother and sister.
    MohandasKGanja and Trixie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I'm one that has never done illegal drugs, but I'll admit that if they make marijuana legal I'd probably be into it. I don't really consider myself a prescription drugs person either, but I have to take an antidepressant every day. I've struggled with that since I was an early teen and went through hell trying to find the right routine. I finally had to acknowledge to myself that it was severe and chronic and I would not be able to be alive without it. Give me about 3 months or so of being off of it and I'm actively suicidal again. It's nothing in particular going on in my life, it's just this chronic thing living in my head that will not allow me to feel like living. It used to be the same way with anxiety, but actually taking anti-anxiety medication helped so much that I was able to go off of the anti-anxiety meds. They gave me enough stability that I could stay in anxious situation long enough to build up some tolerance skills so I only take one of those pills once or twice a year now. That and taking mega doses of Vitamin D have changed my life over the last couple of years.
    i'm on zoloft and it has changed my life. i wish i started earlier. i can't stop taking it, i need my daily dose but it's very low and it helps me a lot.
    i wish more people could afford mental help, not only therapy.
    i often read about bi polar people self medicating with alcohol and that kind of thing makes me sad, because they could have some help with meds and then be able to try to figure the stuff we all have to figure out too.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    When I woke up in the recovery room after the first surgery I told the nurses that my brother Jimmy was in the waiting room for me, I don't remember it though. Right before they knocked me out the anesthesiologist ask how long Jimmy and I had been together because we looked like brother and sister.
    That would have cracked me right up, then pissed me off a little, then cracked me up again
    SHELLEE and garysgirl1999 like this.

I've never done illegal drugs either. Nothing more than a few puffs of weed, and not even that since 1985. I'm boring in that regard, and proud of it.
    Sarzy likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Naya Rivera’s ex, Ryan Dorsey, moves in with her sister to help raise late actress’ son

Naya Rivera’s ex-husband, Ryan Dorsey, and her sister Nickayla have become quite close following the “Glee” star’s drowning in July.

Dorsey, 37, has moved in with model Nickayla, 25, as the pair care for Rivera’s son, Josey, 5, who was with the actress the day she drowned in California’s Lake Piru, according to the Daily Mail.

The two have moved into a three-bedroom rental, a process that began when Nickayla was seen helping Ryan move his belongings from his previous home in North Hills, in the San Fernando Valley, on Sept. 6.

“They were fooling around and chatting the whole time,” a witness to the pair’s subsequent trip to a Target told the Mail. “They’re obviously helping lift each other’s spirits.”

Dorsey and Nickayla are reportedly sharing the responsibility of raising Josey with Dorsey’s parents. Naya and fellow actor Dorsey (“Stumptown,” “Ray Donovan”) rekindled a previous relationship after the actress’ split from rapper Big Sean in 2014; they were married in July 2014 and Josey was born on Sept. 17, 2015.

Rivera initially sought to split from Dorsey in 2016, though the two reconciled. They eventually separated for good in 2018.

“There’s not enough words to express the hole left in everyone’s hearts,” Dorsey wrote in an Instagram tribute to Rivera after her death. “Life is all about good times and bad times but with Josey it makes the bad a little less so because a part of you will always be with us. He’ll never forget where he came from. We miss you. We will always love you.”

Rivera took Josey on a swimming trip to Lake Piru in Southern California on July 8. Though a good swimmer, Rivera suffered from vertigo, which intensified when she was in the water, according to the most recent autopsy and investigation details. Piru is known for its strong currents and deep waters; eight people have drowned there since 1994.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/28/naya-...e-actress-son/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Blind Item #11

The question I think everyone has about this relationship is whether it started before or after the mysterious death of the A-/B+ list actress. If it was before, then that just adds fuel to the fire.

POSTED BY ENT LAWYER AT 11:15 AM 12 COMMENTS
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Oh good grief. So predictable from Enty.
    Sarzy and Lalasnake like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information