Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 102
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Glee actress Naya Rivera is missing, presumed dead, after boat ride

  1. #31
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,463

    Default

    Planned suicide/murder went through my mind just because of how peculiar the location is, but it's just so sad that I don't want to believe it. I think like Charmed said, she probably got in there and panicked.

    And I did see some pics of her with her son and she seems really devoted to him. Murder-suicide aside, I can't imagine she would purposely leave her child on a boat, completely by himself, to be found whenever someone happened by. She couldn't have known he would be safe. What if he jumped in after her? That just doesn't make too much sense.

    I guess people on Twitter are blaming Lea Michele. You know I don't like her, but Jesus Christ, really?

    @Kris, thanks for the info! (And lol....I thought it was "the" before the highways but didn't want to sound stupid. Ours go either way, but usually we drop the "the".) I looked at the map and yeah...that's a lot of driving to get to that particular lake when you're saying there are other smaller (maybe more populated?) lakes nearer.
    weathered1 and Lalasnake like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  2. #32
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Planned suicide/murder went through my mind just because of how peculiar the location is, but it's just so sad that I don't want to believe it. I think like Charmed said, she probably got in there and panicked.

    And I did see some pics of her with her son and she seems really devoted to him. Murder-suicide aside, I can't imagine she would purposely leave her child on a boat, completely by himself, to be found whenever someone happened by. She couldn't have known he would be safe. What if he jumped in after her? That just doesn't make too much sense.

    I guess people on Twitter are blaming Lea Michele. You know I don't like her, but Jesus Christ, really?

    @Kris, thanks for the info! (And lol....I thought it was "the" before the highways but didn't want to sound stupid. Ours go either way, but usually we drop the "the".) I looked at the map and yeah...that's a lot of driving to get to that particular lake when you're saying there are other smaller (maybe more populated?) lakes nearer.
    I read her son was found wearing his life vest. That tells me 2 things: 1- not a murder/suicide situation 2- she had concern for his safety on/in open water. An adult vest was still in the pontoon. Her last IG post looks like it was maybe posted from the pontoon, both of them look wet.

  3. #33
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    23,463

    Default

    Yeah, that's a good point about the life vest. I don't think it was a murder-suicide situation, it just crossed my mind but at the same time it's upsetting that it would be even a suicide situation...I know it doesn't always work out so neatly, but she gives me the vibe of someone who would have just brought her child to a family member's or friend's house? I don't know why I'm trying to guess since my only memory of discussing this person was when she went to the plastic surgeon and asked for the full-on Kardashian special and I thought that was sad because she didn't need any of it...and that's vague to me. I never watched Glee.

    The IG post in question:

    nayariveraVerified

    Follow





    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

  4. #34
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point about the life vest. I don't think it was a murder-suicide situation, it just crossed my mind but at the same time it's upsetting that it would be even a suicide situation...I know it doesn't always work out so neatly, but she gives me the vibe of someone who would have just brought her child to a family member's or friend's house? I don't know why I'm trying to guess since my only memory of discussing this person was when she went to the plastic surgeon and asked for the full-on Kardashian special and I thought that was sad because she didn't need any of it...and that's vague to me. I never watched Glee.
    I never followed her life too closely but one thing I remembered about her... she married her ex-husband the same day that she was to marry her ex-fiancee, rapper Big Sean. Some kind of weird passive-aggressive shit to me.

    Just read an article that her son said she went swimming and could not make it back to the boat. Elsewhere it's reported that he said both of them went swimming.
    Waterslide likes this.

  5. #35
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It's fairly remote. More of a campground kind of area, if I'm remembering correctly.
    Speaking of being out in these recreational areas, I was wondering if anyone else had been reading about that psychopath who randomly shot and killed a guy (doctor) who was out riding in an isolated section of a park with his teenage son. The dad had only asked the other guy for directions, and the other guy started shooting. The dad managed to pull away quickly and get enough distance between him and the other guy that his son was able to flee up a hill. But the dad died right outside the jeep. It took 30 hours before the son (who had 1% batter power on his phone when he was able to call 911) was able to be safely rescued. The suspect (who had shot two people before killing the doctor) is in custody.

    https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...a-15392428.php
    Lalasnake likes this.

  6. #36
    Elite Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I wonder if the boy actually ever was in the water or if she just jumped in? It must be hard trying to get the full story from a child so young.


    TMZ
    7/9 8:32 AM PT*-- Authorities have just made it clear -- Naya is presumed dead and the search has now shifted from a rescue to a recovery mission. She went missing in water with only 5 to 9 inches of visibility, and authorities say the lake is filled with trees and debris on the bottom. Law enforcement says it typically takes 7 to 10 days for a body to rise to the surface.

    she has long hair, maybe wore jewelry?
    I've had my hair and jewelry stuck underwater.
    Scary stuff

    is it possible this could be the case?
    Sarzy and Lalasnake like this.

  7. #37
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Speaking of being out in these recreational areas, I was wondering if anyone else had been reading about that psychopath who randomly shot and killed a guy (doctor) who was out riding in an isolated section of a park with his teenage son. The dad had only asked the other guy for directions, and the other guy started shooting. The dad managed to pull away quickly and get enough distance between him and the other guy that his son was able to flee up a hill. But the dad died right outside the jeep. It took 30 hours before the son (who had 1% batter power on his phone when he was able to call 911) was able to be safely rescued. The suspect (who had shot two people before killing the doctor) is in custody.

    https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...a-15392428.php
    So scary. It's really horrible to think of this guy taking his kid for an adventure after being closed in for months and for this to happen. The poor mom who is also battling cancer. Just awful.

  8. #38
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point about the life vest. I don't think it was a murder-suicide situation, it just crossed my mind but at the same time it's upsetting that it would be even a suicide situation...I know it doesn't always work out so neatly, but she gives me the vibe of someone who would have just brought her child to a family member's or friend's house? I don't know why I'm trying to guess since my only memory of discussing this person was when she went to the plastic surgeon and asked for the full-on Kardashian special and I thought that was sad because she didn't need any of it...and that's vague to me. I never watched Glee.

    The IG post in question:

    nayariveraVerified

    Follow





    This picture was posted on Tuesday, I screenshot it at 6:16pm. The sheriff at the news conference said she rented a boat there often and it is now a recovery effort. I don't claim to know a lot but
    I do know she wouldn't have harmed Josey in anyway, if she was going to commit suicide she would have done it on the days he was with his dad.
    Trixie, Waterslide and Lalasnake like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  9. #39
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    21,528

    Default

    I hope you are right, Diva. Because the alternative theory is just too awful to comprehend.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  10. #40
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    There's a video of them arriving and they had a lot of stuff with them
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  11. #41
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    16,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    There's a video of them arriving and they had a lot of stuff with them
    I just watched that. It looked like she was carrying a heavy white sack.
    They get out of the car at around the 2min mark


  12. #42
    Elite Member Annika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    i wonder if that poor baby boy understood what happened when his mom went under and didn't come up. how long did he wait for her before he fell asleep? was he crying? oh boy... i hope he blocks this event from his memory.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Lalasnake like this.

  13. #43
    Gold Member firebrat1229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

    I guess people on Twitter are blaming Lea Michele. You know I don't like her, but Jesus Christ, really?
    WTF??? It's a messed-up day when I'm defending that skank, but how could it even remotely be connected to her? Probably the same people who think wearing a mask to combat covid is "against their rights" since covid is a hoax.

    Ugh - we apparently now live in a world where conspiracy-theories are becoming an every day thing. The crazier the better. Jesus.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

  14. #44
    Elite Member Neptunia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,883

    Default

    She had the huge sack in the video, probably with dry clothes and toys. Maybe something as simple as one of her son's toys went into the water, she dove in and found herself snagged on something underneath or maybe the boat just drifted away from her.
    My grandfather was on the beach when one of his brothers drowned off of Tom's River in NJ. He was 4 at the time but he remembered all of it because it was so horrifying. I feel for this precious boy seeing that up close.
    Lalasnake and *DIVA! like this.

  15. #45
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,083

    Default

    I think a lot of 4 year olds probably would not remember the event at all by the time they are 10. It would be more the memory of everybody talking about it.

    I still think it is probably an accidental drowning. Like the woman and child from the Kennedy family. Could have been tossing a ball around in the boat and then she went into the water to retrieve it.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 6th, 2017, 08:35 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 21st, 2014, 10:45 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
  5. Naya Rivera (Santana from Glee) eggs co-stars car
    By sluce in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •