Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second"

Giuliana Rancic and her husband, Bill Rancic, have always been open about their struggles with fertility, but now the E! News co-anchor reveals to People magazinethat they have lost their final embryo.
    Although they already have son Duke, Giuliana and Bill were hoping to give their firstborn a sibling, something that just became that much harder due to their tragic loss. The couple learned on New Year's Eve that their surrogate, who was pregnant with their third and final embryo—had miscarried.
    "It was painful," Rancic, 40, tells People. "We were so optimistic with this last embryo. We thought, 'This is definitely going to work. This is our last shot.'"
    After a surrogate gave birth to Duke in 2012, the couple had three embryos left and successfully implanted two into their surrogate. Sadly, she miscarried only weeks later, but the reality TV couple remained hopeful because they still had one more chance. But their latest lost, she tells the magazine, "was the toughest blow."
    She adds, "It was a really hard time."
    Getting pregnant herself would prove risky for the E! star after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011. After undergoing a double mastectomy soon after, Giuliana began—and still takes—a cancer-suppressing medication that makes it hard for her to gain weight.
    But now with pregnancy becoming something harder than ever, Giuliana says she and her hubby are open to any and all options available to them, including adoption. "We're open to everything," she says. "I think adoption is a beautiful gift you're giving each other. And it's funny, I'm even more open to [adoption] than I was before. Because I think to myself, 'I love Duke so much, if I couldn't take care of him, I hope there would be someone else who would love him.'"
    Even if they don't have another child, Giuliana has said that she is blessed to have her family as is. "I have to remind myself that I'm very fortunate to have what I have," she previously told People.
    "It's really about knowing there's a bigger plan at play, so for some reason, it wasn't meant to happen this way," she added. "It'll all be clear one day soon."

Giuliana Rancic Reveals She and Husband Bill Rancic Lost Their Last Embryo | E! Online

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Gold Member

As much as I can't stand her, infertility sucks. I feel bad for them and the surrogate. Lord knows miscarriages aren't easy on the body or the hormones either.

So, can anyone answer whether there's legitimacy in the claim that there's a "cancer-suppressing medication that makes it hard to gain weight?" The only drug I can think of that she'd be on would be tamoxifen. Anyone have knowledge to impart, because it's not like there's a huge plethora of mystery drugs out there such that her claim couldn't be verified or debunked more or less.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

czb

*if* it's tamoxifen, then it can cause weight loss, but only slightly more frequently than in placebo patients. but she could be on something that wasn't approved by the FDA, like in an ongoing clinical trial. or she could be making up the excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    So, can anyone answer whether there's legitimacy in the claim that there's a "cancer-suppressing medication that makes it hard to gain weight?" The only drug I can think of that she'd be on would be tamoxifen. Anyone have knowledge to impart, because it's not like there's a huge plethora of mystery drugs out there such that her claim couldn't be verified or debunked more or less.
    I only have anecdotal evidence but my mom was on Tamoxifen in the 4-6 years before her death and she did not have an ounce of fat on her body no matter what she ate. You can only be on tamoxifen for a certain amount of time. A couple years after she went off tamoxifen, my mom developed multiple myeloma.

I've been on tamoxifen for about two years and I sure haven't lost any weight from it. My mom was on it for years and didn't lose weight.
    sluce likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I still think she has major food/weight issues. She was crazy skinny before she even got cancer.

I chose to not take Tamoxifen but remember them saying a side effect was about 40% of women having a period of weight loss, but it was not sustained.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

yeah, there is some transient weight loss associated with tamoxifen. but not so much more than placebo patients. unless, of course, the placebo patients only eat 12 sunflower seeds per day.

maybe she's just making that shit up. maybe not. i dunno she seemed pretty skinny before being on whatever drug she claims to be on.

so if she puts her marriage first, does that mean if the house is on fire she saves her husband before her kid?

i took Tamoxifen and didn't have any issues. Finished up my 5 yr plan on Femara, and same thing.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information