Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second"

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Re: the backlash, i meant the, like, reactions Laurent, like, referred to that were on us weekly's like fb page.
    Like, I'm sorry cuz, like, I missed your intent. So I hope, like, you will forgive me.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Like totally.
    sluce and holly like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I love my SO and he loves me. We put each other first for almost 10 years. We put our daughter first now. It doesn't mean our relationship is less important, things have just "evolved"

I always wonder when people say things like this. Do they really mean they put their marriage and their spouse first, or do they mean that they still make it a point to keep the marriage strong? I guess I don't understand the actual need to put either first since the relationships are so totally different.
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I don't think you have to make a choice. Most of the couples I know put the kids first jointly at first when the babe is so helpless. Then gradually back off so that when they take off at 18 you are that much closer.
    In my case after a divorce you damn straight I put my son first. I made it clear that he was here first and if necessary would be here last. He was here on earth by my choice and deserved my love and protection.
    i agree. i don't have a child, but why would you have to choose who's "more important" anyway? it's similar to asking who's more important, your best friend or your partner. they're two different relationships and they can be equally important.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Like, maybe she should, like, put a sandwich first before she, like, keels over from, like, malnutrition
    dexter7, sluce, sputnik and 9 others like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sput - I don't think most people really care that much. Each person will decide what is best for them. I believe most backlash here will come from her, like telling us, like how we should, like be putting our man, like first. Like, ya know?
    Ok, motherfuckers! Guiliana just made Mel's list of misunderstood misfits!
    She's NOT saying "put your man first". She's saying what works for her. I mean, honestly, her husband has been through a lot with her: fertility issues, cancer, double mastectomy, surrogacy, parenthood, etc. When people go through experiences like those together, they do come out with a stronger bond - typically.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i'm not appalled, either. and i don't really think she is being smug. inarticulate, maybe. but not smug.
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second" - Yahoo! omg!

Giuliana Rancic: "We Put Our Marriage First and Our Child Second"
    Us Weekly – 2 hours 34 minutes ago.. .

Marriage over motherhood? Yes, says Giuliana Rancic, who welcomed baby boy Edward Duke via surrogate last summer with husband Bill Rancic.

Speaking to Us Weekly on Feb. 26 at a Toast to Red Carpet Style event hosted by Crystal Light Liquid and the E! News host, Rancic shared the secret to their happy marriage: She and her husband make their relationship a priority, even when there's a "cutest baby ever" in their life.

"We're husband and wife, but we're also best friends, and it's funny because a lot of people, when they have kids, they put the baby first, and the marriage second," says the 37-year-old breast-cancer survivor. "That works for some people. For us, I find, we put our marriage first and our child second, because the best thing we can do for him is have a strong marriage."

"So we're even stronger than we ever were before and even imagined we could be," continues Rancic, who recently reported from the Oscar red carpet for E!. "Like Oscar morning, Duke wakes up, like, twice during the night because he's so hungry and wants to eat every 4 hours. So Bill, like, no question was like 'I got it. Tonight you get a good night's sleep.' And when Bill has shoots the next day or meetings the next day, I do it…. It's kind of amazing…. I always say to Bill, 'You were my first baby,' because he was! He was my first love and my first baby and Duke is my second baby."

The couple, who have plans for a second child ("We'd love to do it, so hopefully it's sooner rather than later," she says), also makes sure to schedule in time for date nights. "We do it all the time. I had Oscars and then Fashion Police, and now I'm done. Awards season is over. So last night Bill surprised me. He had Chicago deep dish pizza flown in from Giordano's!," the reality star tells Us. "He knows after awards season, I go to town! We had that and some frozen yogurt for dessert and…walked around Santa Monica. It was sweet!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Like, maybe she should, like, put a sandwich first before she, like, keels over from, like, malnutrition
    LEAVE Guiliana A LONE! you bastards!
    Angeli and holly like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Aw, Giuliana made Mel's protected class...which kind of means she has high asshat tendencies.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Aw, Giuliana made Mel's protected class...which kind of means she has high asshat tendencies.
    yeah? fuck you. if it extended to asshats, you'd be on the list... but ya ain't. so suck it.
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I have a little tear, that was beautiful.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I think she's just, like, clumsy at expressing herself. It seems to me she's really just saying that they're not allowing the baby to become an all consuming thing in their lives. They're also giving time and energy to nurturing their relationship with each other. Nothing wrong with that.

But this:
    I always say to Bill, 'You were my first baby,' because he was! He was my first love and my first baby and Duke is my second baby."
    Like, gag me with a spoon.
    Honey likes this.

Um, like, I don't think that Mel, like, gets it.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

um, like, fuck you, like in your fucking left eye
    shedevilang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Like, OMG, now I'm gonna get, like, pinkeye!

getting fucked in the eye, your like doing it wrong...
    sluce likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Mel I think Anne Hathaway needs more help than this chick so come help me defend her!!!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Mel I think Anne Hathaway needs more help than this chick so come help me defend her!!!
    Anne is already on my list. Where is she being picked on?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information