Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giada De Laurentiis welcomes a baby girl

Yay for Giada! Her show is one of my favorites on FN.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

I hope I give birth to small babies but not as small as I was: I was 5lbs. 3oz. and my little sister was 4lbs. 9oz.

I don't hope for the serious complications that my Mom had with us. Actually that has kind of always worried me, that I'll have the same problems....
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post
    I hope I give birth to small babies but not as small as I was: I was 5lbs. 3oz. and my little sister was 4lbs. 9oz.
    I've heard that smaller babies are harder to push out than bigger ones. I don't know if there is any truth to that in general, but it was true for me personally. I had no problems pushing out my son who was almost eight pounds, but my daughter, who was just over six pounds, was more difficult. I remember pushing so hard that my knees were shaking, and the doctor telling me to hold it. But I was at the end of the push [if that makes sense] and couldn't. I let go and felt the baby slide back up into me. I wanted to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I've heard that smaller babies are harder to push out than bigger ones. I don't know if there is any truth to that in general, but it was true for me personally. I had no problems pushing out my son who was almost eight pounds, but my daughter, who was just over six pounds, was more difficult. I remember pushing so hard that my knees were shaking, and the doctor telling me to hold it. But I was at the end of the push [if that makes sense] and couldn't. I let go and felt the baby slide back up into me. I wanted to cry.

Oh goodness well then, bring on the big babies!

And I WOULD have cried. I would have been crying, swearing, hitting things.... but that's just me.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by smf View Post
    i like her show ,but she always has cleavage showing ,idk why it just seems inapproprate for the food network
    I am sure this is the reason my husband loves the show.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Crispy crunchy

Yeah her boobs are totally distracting on her TV show...but I just can't hate her. It's the hypnotic accent (I am a SUCKER for an accent) and the yummy food she throws down. She's almost girl crush material.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Well, to be fair it was almost 6 lbs. And women tend to have babies that are the same size they were at birth.
    I had a friend who totally believed this and was convinced that her baby would be small because both her and her husband were between 6 - 7 lbs at birth. Let me just say, she was the largest pregnant woman I've ever seen, and I saw here about a month before the birth. She gave birth a a 10lb baby!!

My sister also gave birth to a 5lb 13oz baby. She ate well during her pregnancy but gained at least 35lbs.

Congrats Giada! Love the name Jade. I like her show alot and love her nails. They're so clean and neat looking.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me.it only means the night is coming.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

5lbs?

She can't go three seconds without turning on the heavy Italian accent during her show but then she goes and names her kid "Jade?" I'd have thought she'd pick something more...ethnic.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Congrats Giada! Love the name Jade. I like her show alot and love her nails. They're so clean and neat looking.

OMG that is funny because I was just reading my issue of "Women's Health" and in the spot where a reader writes in and tells them about herself, she described an unnaturally intense dislike of Rachael Ray and said that she wrote in to Food Network complaining about her dirty fingernails!

What's with everyone's obsession with Television Chefs and their fingernails? It's mostly funny to me because that is twice in like an hour that I've read something about it.

^Wasn't me, I swear.

I noticed hers' because they have a hue of pink and I think they're really pretty.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me.it only means the night is coming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information