Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Gerard Depardieu accused of road rage

Was that a reference to the stereotype of all French people as intellectually superior, culturally snooty, effortlessly stylish and thin chain-smokers who shower once a week? I forgot about that one in the wake of the 21st century and all.

Moving on, I'm boycotting all future pics of Depardieu because I am sick of the sight of his unpleasantly huge and bulbous penis-nose. He and Owen Wilson need to hang out more and entice chicks with their sexay schnozzes.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I'm not saying he's probably a jackass because he is fat. It's because this isn't the first time he has lost it. Not too long ago he took a piss right there in the first class cabin while the plane taxied.

ETA- I was joking about all french people being skinny. They talk a bit about the french paradox over here quite a bit. I always roll my eye because overweight people are everywhere including France.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    I'm not saying he's probably a jackass because he is fat. It's because this isn't the first time he has lost it. Not too long ago he took a piss right there in the first class cabin while the plane taxied.

ETA- I was joking about all french people being skinny. They talk a bit about the french paradox over here quite a bit. I always roll my eye because overweight people are everywhere including France.
    Bet they also buy this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Was that a reference to the stereotype of all French people as intellectually superior, culturally snooty, effortlessly stylish and thin chain-smokers who shower once a week? I forgot about that one in the wake of the 21st century and all.

Moving on, I'm boycotting all future pics of Depardieu because I am sick of the sight of his unpleasantly huge and bulbous penis-nose. He and Owen Wilson need to hang out more and entice chicks with their sexay schnozzes.
    And Europe is a country, with France as the capital.
    And I can't believe that you only just noticed his nose! LOL!
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Well, it is true that Americans can't understand why French folks can eat butter, cocoa, croissants, etc. all day long and not get as big as la Tour Eiffel.

I figure it has something to do with NORMAL PORTION SIZES and NOT DRIVING every time more than twenty feet of terrain needs to be covered. Americans practically get in their car to go from their bed to the kitchen in the morning, and an abnormal freak American such as myself can subsist for a couple of days (NOT. KIDDING.) on one average dinner serving from a typical US "family restaurant". Hence, a nation of McFattersons. No paradox at all really.

(Of course there is a lot more to it, but really this is a "don't get me started" subject anyway so nm. I'm just bitching away here. Too bad bitching doesn't count as aerobic exercise! )

I have noticed Depardieu's nose before, but it's gotten worse with age! and this IS the first time I noticed that he and Owen have separated-at-birth noses.
    Novice likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Arent noses (& tongues) one of those things that never stops growing?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Gerard Depardieu throws water over revellers under flat

Gerard Depardieu allegedly threw a bucket of water on people celebrating Christmas in a bar beneath the apartment he owns in a picturesque hill town in southern Italy.

The French actor has for years owned an upmarket flat in the town of Lecce, which is renowned for its Baroque architecture, but has become increasingly exasperated by the noisy nightlife in the piazza below.

Things came to a head on Christmas Eve when Mr Depardieu reportedly tipped water over revellers in the bar after his complaints about loud music fell on deaf ears.

He had earlier had an argument with the manager of the bar over parking his car in a space where tables were due to be set out.

The bar owner, Gaetano Carrozzo, asked the actor to move the car and an argument ensued.

“He asked me, with an angry tone, what time I’d closed the bar and to my response said I should have closed at midnight and that he’d go to the police,” Mr Carrozzo said.

The bar owner insisted that he was licensed to keep his pub open until 2am.

“I don’t play loud music, but jazz and funk from the 60s and 70s,” he told Corriere della Sera newspaper.

He and Mr Depardieu both filed complaints against each other.

Officials in Lecce, a popular tourist attraction in the southern region of Puglia, are now trying their best to soothe their most famous resident.

Andrea Guido, a council official, said he had been in touch with Clementine Igou, Mr Depardieu’s partner, to try to patch things up.

“We’re going to meet up very soon and we’ll have a chat over a coffee. We’re happy to have in Lecce a person like Gerard Depardieu.”

The actor, whose best known films include Cyrano de Bergerac and Green Card, is frequently in the headlines. He took Belgian residence and then Russian citizenship after a bitter dispute with the French government over high rates of tax.

In 2011 he had to apologise for urinating into a bottle on a flight from Paris to Dublin after being told by the flight crew that he would have to wait at least 15 minutes until he could use the onboard lavatories.

The actor was fined last year after falling off his scooter while driving drunk in Paris. He failed to turn up at the hearing at which he was fined €4,000 (£3,300) and had his licence suspended for six months.

He also did not show up for an appeal hearing he requested in December. The case has been postponed until April.

Gerard Depardieu throws water over revellers under flat - Telegraph

Gallic Baldwin.

"Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

except Grumpy Cat is much cuter than Depardieu!
    -George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information