Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: George Michael quit cannabis after waking from coma speaking in West Country accent

WCG - Philly has some amazing glass artist who specialize in pipes. In the past they have been threatened with arrest since paraphernalia is not legal. The recent exhibit of their work sold out right away. The show was fabulous and it's sad that such talent is kept out of the mainstream. In the world of functional glass art, Philadelphia is a leader
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Isn't it crazy that paraphernalia is illegal in some places? They can have my little mini pipe when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!
    sluce likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I think West Country accents are charming. Of course his life has changed after he quit smoking pot: He started from 7-8 joints a day. He would have a a great difference in his life if he just smoked once a day or on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Amateur.
    Are you still here? I can't see you through the smoke.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Isn't it crazy that paraphernalia is illegal in some places? They can have my little mini pipe when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!
    And when they take the pipe you'll still have a fatty.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's for religious purposes. I'm an orthodox rastafarian and I'm very observant.
    sluce and sparkles like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I hope he's all right and everything, but that's hilarious.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

mjw
    Elite Member

George Michael Says Coming Out Didn't Make His Life Easier

George Michael
    never actually came out intentionally. It took an embarrassing, public arrest for "lewd behavior" in a park in Beverly Hills back in 1998 to do that.

Only after the bust did he feel forced toadmit to CNN that yes, he was gay.

"For some strange reason, my gay life didn't get easier when I came out. Quite the opposite happened, really," he tells the BBCin an exclusive new interview.

"The press seemed to take some delight that I previously had a 'straight audience,' and set about trying to destroy that. And I think some men were frustrated that their girlfriends wouldn't let go of the idea that George Michael just hadn't found the 'right girl' [yet]. Which is still what a lot of my extended family still think!"

Now single, the superstar, 50, who ended a 13-year relationship with longtime partner Kenny Goss in 2011, said that he didn't care that he wasn't open at the time, and will never judge anyone for when he or she decides to come out.

"Because it's about family," he says. "In the years when HIV was a killer, any parent of an openly gay person was terrified. I knew my mother well enough that she would spend everyday praying that I didn't come across that virus. She'd have worried like that."

The singer, who this week released Symphonica, a new album of live music, has faced plenty of other uphill battles since his public outing, too.

He had two drug-possession related arrests – in 2006 and again in 2008. He also battled a near-death bout of pneumonia in 2011, a year after he suffered a major car crash in which he was arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana.

That arrest, and a month-long stint in jail, inspired him to get sober for good.

"I realized it had to be something to do with me. It shook me out of my denial," he says. "After that crash happened, I started drug counseling and was two weeks in detox, none of which I made public. It feels so completely behind me now. It really does."

First Album in 10 Years

The new album, while not original material, was recorded during recent tours with a live orchestra, and marks his first release in 10 years – and his first since becoming sober.

"I knew that one of the things that was going to keep me clean was rewarding myself with music," he says. "I knew regardless of anything else, singing in front of an orchestra was going to be inspirational. It would feed me."

He also mentioned another new project that will contain some of the original material he wrote when he was first released from prison.

"I had such a big burst of creativity that I was thinking, 'I should have been locked up years ago. I would have come up with a couple of great albums by now!"

While still not sure of the angle the new material will take, he did say he would "like to do something for the gay community. Possibly a dance album."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20797971,00.html

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Nah, Texas isn't bumpkin. Bumpkin equivalent would be West Virginia accent.

Me, me, me, no thanks to his fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information