Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree512Likes

Thread: George Clooney's wife Amal pregnant with twins?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I feel like i'd be embarrassed to take that gift. But maybe it was a real pain in the ass for the last year.
    If George wants to buy up half my street and give me 45K and a holiday then I'll do my best to deal with the embarrassment.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^^^ Don't forget the vacuum!!!
    Waterslide and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    If George wants to buy up half my street and give me 45K and a holiday then I'll do my best to deal with the embarrassment.
    Amen. What I wouldn't do is make it public like these two are doing. But perhaps telling their story (and showing how very thoughtful and generous the Clooneys are) was part of the deal.
    Waterslide likes this.

czb

we live on a very skinny street. so skinny that only one car can use it at a time - if there's another car trying to go down the street, then one of the cars has to scootch into a neighbor's driveway so the other car can pass. people are always remodeling, i don't know of anyone compensating another. WHY should they? the only reason i could justify this is if someone was blocking entry to another's house for days at a time. but certainly not because of construction noise. sounds like a pack of moochers.
    Waterslide likes this.

^^^^ The description of your parking situation would make a fire marshal have a stroke.

There's construction, obviously, going on at my house. I have a very large driveway/parking area on my lot. Right now there is a port-a-potty, a work trailer and another large trailer (like a PODS) in the overflow parking. There's a very large dump truck catty cornered in my driveway that they're using for construction debris. When the crew is there, there are vehicles parked up and down the street. I went to most of my neighbors and apologized profusely for the inconvenience and asked them to call me if they have ANY problems. Not one complained and said no worries, we're just happy the project is finally moving. I think when we move back in in a couple of weeks, I'm going to buy each of them a nice perennial flowering bush or something. My builder is really good, runs a clean crew and they all know to stay out of the neighbors way or property, but it's going on two years since the fire and I feel like I should give them some type of gift for putting up with all of it. I can't do a vacay, cash and a vacuum though ... sorry neighbors!
    Novice, Waterslide and Mrs P like this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^^ The description of your parking situation would make a fire marshal have a stroke.

the city requires 11 foot clearance. probably most of the street has that, but 11 feet is not wide enough for two cars to drive the street at the same time.

but it does become a pain on garbage day. or when there's construction. but since george doesn't live here, the peasants don't get compensation.

narrow streets are the norm in hilly places. at least in NorCal.
    Waterslide likes this.

There is a little more to this, it's a grade 2 listed (no exterior alterations, internal only with planning permission), they are putting in a pool in what appear to be "age appropriate" gardens, etc etc etc...

Planning permission objections exclude objections on development noise, dust, etc however, these people are the next door neighbours... They could have had valid objections under privacy, access safety (for the finished property).
    I do not understand these people that spend 7m on a house then do 12m in development.... Why not just start from scratch?
    Waterslide, Kittylady and panic like this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Well I didn't say I wouldn't take it....
    Waterslide and Kittylady like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    There is a little more to this, it's a grade 2 listed (no exterior alterations, internal only with planning permission), they are putting in a pool in what appear to be "age appropriate" gardens, etc etc etc...

Planning permission objections exclude objections on development noise, dust, etc however, these people are the next door neighbours... They could have had valid objections under privacy, access safety (for the finished property).
    I do not understand these people that spend 7m on a house then do 12m in development.... Why not just start from scratch?
    here, when someone wants to do any remodel that is beyond the norm (eg, addition to the house, put in a pool, etc) they have to bring the idea to the city planning committee and the immediate neighbors can come to the meeting and weigh-in. they can object or demand revisions. most of the demands are honored. but i've never heard of one neighbor compensating another because of a remodel. one of our annoying neighbors demanded we put in a fence (that we pay for) and we did it. we could have pushed back, but we thought it was in our best interest to control the fence (height, appearance, materials) so we did not ask them to contribute.
    Novice likes this.

That sounds a nightmare!
    Its is not usual to receive compensation over here either.
    Free Charmed.

czb

it can be a nightmare. that's why a lot of people don't do major remodels. the city is VERY demanding and the zoning laws restrict a lot of things. fence must not exceed certain height, color restrictions, etc etc. has nothing to do with seismic or other safety issues. city regulates everything, even if you want to swap out a window or a door, you need a permit.

fgg

E!: Amal Clooney ‘won’t hire a live-in or full-time nanny’ when the twins come

I have to keep reminding myself that any day now, we’re going to get news of Beyonce’s babies and the Clooney babies. Which set of twins are you more excited about? I think the Clooney twins will be more exciting long-term, just because of the narrative of “Perpetual Bachelor George Clooney becomes a first-time father.” But I’m very excited about Bey’s babies too. Anyway, E! News has an update on the situation with the Clooney Babies. Some details:

Amal is taking it easy, and she’ll give birth in London: Amal has been taking it easy as she continues to advocate on behalf of the Yazidis in Iraq—a cause near and dear to her heart. “Amal is trying not to overexert herself,” a source tells E! News exclusively, adding that she’ll give birth in London. “She’s been very sensible throughout this pregnancy.”

Amal’s maternity leave. “She plans to be back at work around six months after giving birth, but her schedule will be greatly different than before,” the source says. “A lot of time spent working at home. She has a great office set up at the Sonning house.” According to the source, Amal has no intention of quitting the career she’s worked so hard for.

The Clooneys will raise the twins in Britain: Ahead of the twins’ arrival, the source says the couple consulted with Ilse Crawford, a London-based interior designer who focuses on human needs and “has a somewhat holistic approach to design.” According to the source, Amal and George waited until she was six months pregnant before they had the twins’ nursery decorated, because “they didn’t want to rush or jinx things.” The Clooneys chose many of the items themselves. When they visited Paris in February, for example, they bought a few items at a boutique called Baudou and shipped them to the U.K.

No nanny? The couple has also decided that after the twins come home, they won’t hire a live-in or full-time nanny. Instead, they’ll have a night nurse to help set a sleeping schedule in the beginning. Amal’s mom, journalist Baria Alamuddin, has expressed that she would like to be involved, too.

[From E! News]

You guys know me, I don’t have a strong opinion about nannies and night nurses and whatever. If you can afford it and you’re honest about it, I say why not? Get a night nurse. Get a pack of nannies. Just don’t claim that you’re doing everything by yourself and that you are the most perfect earth mother to ever mother-superior (which Amal hasn’t done… yet?). As for the rest of it… while I knew that George had bought that huge property in Britain, I guess I didn’t realize that George was devoted to the idea of moving full time to Britain and raising his kids there. That… feels like a phase. I’m just saying, he’s an LA guy. I think he’ll genuinely get bored with living in the English countryside with Amal and two screaming babies.

Cele|bitchy | E!: Amal Clooney ?won?t hire a live-in or full-time nanny? when the twins come
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    E!: Amal Clooney ‘won’t hire a live-in or full-time nanny’ when the twins come

I’m just saying, he’s an LA guy. I think he’ll genuinely get bored with living in the English countryside with Amal and two screaming babies.
    I hope so. I want our old fun-lovin' George back. (He just turned 56 and the sprogs aren't even born yet.)

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    As for the rest of it… while I knew that George had bought that huge property in Britain, I guess I didn’t realize that George was devoted to the idea of moving full time to Britain and raising his kids there. That… feels like a phase. I’m just saying, he’s an LA guy. I think he’ll genuinely get bored with living in the English countryside with Amal and two screaming babies.

Cele|bitchy | E!: Amal Clooney ?won?t hire a live-in or full-time nanny? when the twins come
    Hang on? I was under the impression that George had been spending most of his private time away from LA for quite a few years now? And as Amal has been appointed to work in the UK Attorney General's office for a term that doesn't expire until 2019 (thank you Wikipedia!) then why should it be a surprise that they are basing themselves in the UK, at least for now?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'll base myself in the UK if George doesn't want to. Sorry, that's just a pointless aside.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information