Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: George Clooney's wife Amal pregnant with twins?

czb

i've said it before and i'll say it again, any time you take more than 3 kids and put them together, they are likely to go feral. that's just kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

Thanks for this... my dad looked like Cary Grant... although he always insisted Cary Grant looked like him, lol. I mean, he really, really looked like Cary Grant - except for the chin: my dad had a stronger jaw line but no dimple.

(Sigh) I miss them both.
    A Dad that looked like Cary Grant is a great name for a short story. You should write it. He was the dreamiest.

[QUOTE=ConstanceSpry;3535299]^^ Well, obviously, but it still seems strange that someone who has disliked children all his life would change his mind close to age 60.[/QUOTE

A lot of people feel it's different when the children are your own. People say they like kids but they really don't care (not including immediate family's kids) until they have their own. From the looks of it, George was raised in a lovely family with nice cousins and parents. He'll probably want well mannered children.
    lindsaywhit and czb like this.

Maybe George is going to be the I like my own kids and that is it. They are out there and there is nothing wrong with it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My sister is that way. She loves her own kids but do not expect her to feel one iota for anyone else's.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I'm like that. I would love my own but no I don't want to hold or fawn over your snotty, bald wriggling spawn.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    ^^ Well, obviously, but it still seems strange that someone who has disliked children all his life would change his mind close to age 60.
    Sometimes it's the person you are with that changes your mind. Not in a "I still hate kids but my partner wants them and I don't want to lose them so..." way, but sometimes when you meet someone everything gets turned on it's head and you realise that it wasn't that you never, ever wanted kids, just that you never, ever wanted them with the people you were with previously. That's how it is for me. I even asked about getting my tubes tied in my twenties because I was so sure that I didn't want kids, but then I met Bloke and some switch that I thought was well and truly broken to the point of being ground into dust suddenly became live and flicked over.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm like that. I would love my own but no I don't want to hold or fawn over your snotty, bald wriggling spawn.
    ^^ This. Totally this. If it was my own it'd be totally fuckawesome but I'd bypass other people's in favour of a kitten.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Maybe George is going to be the I like my own kids and that is it. They are out there and there is nothing wrong with it.
    Yeah that's both my best friend and my sister.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Dear neighbours... sorry about the building work, here's 45,000 (and a Hoover) Yours, the Clooneys: George and Amal offer compensation for noise caused by Berkshire home renovations

• Refurbishment works on Clooneys’ Grade II-listed property began in late 2015
    • Deal with neighbours John Grove, 58, and his wife Clare, 49, included a holiday
    • Included construction of 12-seater cinema, 60ft swimming pool and tennis court
    • At one point, the Clooneys had 1,000 mature trees transported to the estate

By Tim Lamden, Showbusiness Correspondent For The Daily Mail
    PUBLISHED: 22:00, 7 April 2017 | UPDATED: 02:31, 8 April 2017

George and Amal Clooney gave neighbours in their Berkshire village 45,000 for the disturbance caused by renovations

George and Amal Clooney gave neighbours in their Berkshire village a 45,000 compensation package for the disturbance caused by renovations to their estate.
    The deal agreed with John Grove, 58, and his wife Clare, 49, included a holiday to Corfu, a six-week stay in a luxury hotel and a 30,000 lump sum.
    In addition to the package – which curiously also included a replacement vacuum cleaner – the Clooneys paid for the Groves to rent a 780,000 cottage down the road from their home in Sonning.
    Refurbishment works on the Clooneys’ Grade II-listed Thames-side property began in late 2015, and included the construction of a 12-seater cinema, subterranean irrigation system, 60ft swimming pool and an astroturf tennis court.
    For the Groves and their next-door neighbour, it meant a daily stream of lorries, trucks and diggers clogging up the tiny lane outside their homes for a year.
    At one point, the Clooneys had 1,000 mature trees transported to the estate by lorries and planted around the outskirts of the property to protect their privacy.
    A source said: ‘It is a known fact in the village that the Clooneys’ closest neighbours were very stressed by the building work. At the height of the work, there were up to three large building lorries in the small road leading to the Clooneys’ house every day.

Th renovations meant a daily stream of lorries, trucks and diggers clogging up the tiny lane outside their homes for a year. The deal agreed with neighbours John Grove (left) and wife Clare (right) included a holiday, a six-week stay in a luxury hotel and 30,000 lump sum

‘But the Clooneys have given a lot back to the community since they moved in. They have been incredibly generous in compensating the Groves for the hassle of the building work.’
    During the height of the work in September 2015, the Clooneys paid for the Groves to take a week-long break on the Greek island of Corfu.
    Upon their return, they moved into The French Horn, a hotel and restaurant 300 yards from their home at the expense of the Clooneys for six weeks.

Perched on the banks of the Thames, the 19th century former coaching inn is the Clooneys’ favourite local dining spot and charges couples 225 a night to stay at its riverside cottage suites.
    The restaurant, which sells vintage wines for up to 25,000 a bottle, is also a favourite of Prime Minister Theresa May, who is often seen dining with her security team in tow. The Clooneys are such fans of the restaurant they regularly hire its staff for private dinner parties at their mansion.
    After staying in the hotel became inconvenient for the Groves, the Clooneys secured them a 780,000 cottage in the village for a year, with all rent and bills paid by the Hollywood actor and his human rights lawyer wife. It is not known how much this cost overall.

+3

Refurbishment works on the Clooneys’ Grade II-listed Thames-side property (pictured) in Berkshire included the construction of a 12-seater cinema, subterranean irrigation system, 60ft swimming pool and an astroturf tennis court

Finally, the Clooneys agreed to make a one-off payment of around 30,000 to the couple.
    Since the work was completed last year, the Groves have moved from their former home – a 500,000 cottage at the foot of the celebrity couple’s driveway.
    Neither the Clooneys nor the Groves wished to comment on their dealings with one another.
    Clooney bought his estate for 7.5million in 2014 after marrying his wife, who is now pregnant with twins, in an extravagant four-day wedding in Venice.

+3

The Clooneys secured the Groves a 780,000 cottage in the village for a year, with all rent and bills paid by the Hollywood actor and his human rights lawyer wife

The couple submitted plans for a 12.5million refurbishment of the property in March 2015, which were approved by South Oxfordshire District Council in May that year. For months, villagers endured a cacophony of building work.
    For a time the skyline was dominated by a 200ft crane, and the streets were filled with a constant stream of HGVs and vans going to and from the property.
    Speaking about married life last year, Clooney said: ‘I’m very happy. We are having a really fun time.
    ‘We are remodelling our house which is hell. We’ve got married and remodelled the house. We are having fun.’
    The Clooneys officially moved into the property, now thought to be worth 23.5million, last year and held a private dinner for a select group of residents in the village, which is also home to Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and ‘spoon bender’ Uri Geller.
    As well as The French Horn, Clooney is a regular at local pub The Bull Inn, which stocks his own brand of sipping tequila. He was recently spotted there with fellow Hollywood A-lister Bill Murray and the pair were said to have left a $100 note as a tip.
    Last month, Clooney made a surprise visit to an 87-year-old fan who wrote to him from a local care home.

Read more: Clooney's offer neighbours compensation for renovations | Daily Mail Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

That seems pretty generous. It sounds less like a disturbance and more like winning it big on Wheel of Fortune.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

That's way better than what I get for the inconvenience of constantly being blocked in the alley by the neighbors behind me. Which is nothing.
    Waterslide likes this.

^Yeah, exactly. I don't get anything from hearing my neighbors hammering and chainsawing at 7AM on a Saturday morning, either. If I complained, I'd be lucky to get a "fuck you".
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

I feel like i'd be embarrassed to take that gift. But maybe it was a real pain in the ass for the last year.
    Waterslide and czb like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^I would be embarrassed, too, frankly. I mean, I'd just like an acknowledgement that they're fucking with my existence. I could see a gift card to a nice restaurant or something, but that seems a bit much, doesn't it?
    ~Manx Mouse

I'm starting to get real pissed off at this bitch.

I won't even take one of my many hours of sick time because they're building a house down the road. Christ, they start before I even get up for work. Assholes. Just saw Clooney on Roseanne.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information