Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: George Clooney prank on Tina Fey FAILS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I've read the same thing in numerous places. There's a type of practical joke player that is about cruelty towards, and humiliating others.
    Exactly. Anyone who gets a laugh at someone else's expense like that...
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I again disagree. Yes there are those who use pranks as a form of bullying but it is not the norm.
    Makisa likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I think it has a bit to do with the occupation too. In my line of work, you are going to get messed with. It's just the norm. All these semi-intelligent people with wAAAAy too much time on their hands. We played a pretty cruel trick one time, but only because the guy thoroughly deserved it. We were supposed to stay one more night out on the road, but ended up getting a small maintenance issue fixed and knew we would be able to come home late that night. One of my crewmembers thought it would be funny to tell his wife (who I am friends with also) that we were staying out on the road so he could sneak in on her and scare her. (WHO thinks this is funny???? I think that would be a good way to get shot or beaten with a baseball hat at my house! Anyway...)

I went inside and called my co-pilot's wife to let her know what he was planning, and we devised an even crueler counter-prank. We got another guy who works with us (who is happily married and great friends with this couple) to go over to this man's house. He, his wife and my co-pilot's wife hung out together until I called them to let them know we had landed and co-pilot was on his way home (thinking he was about to scare the crap out of his wife hee hee) The male friend and the wife crawled into bed (fully clothed of course) and turned out the lights and waited on him to make him think they were having an affair. The real wife hid in another room, but was there just in case there were any doubts about it being a joke. I heard his reaction was awesome. I hate we didn't have a camera set up. I devised this awesome plan and didn't even get to enjoy it. Maybe I'm cruel or a sociopath or whatever, but I don't think so. We never would have done it if he hadn't been so smug about scaring the hell out of his wife.

The best part was I thought of it because of a Golden Girls episode where Dorothy pretends to be in bed with one of her best friend's husbands after the best friend pulled a practical joke on them.

Brookie, sluce, Sarzy and 1 others like this.

Flygirl - very clever.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I think it has a bit to do with the occupation too. In my line of work, you are going to get messed with. It's just the norm. All these semi-intelligent people with wAAAAy too much time on their hands. We played a pretty cruel trick one time, but only because the guy thoroughly deserved it. We were supposed to stay one more night out on the road, but ended up getting a small maintenance issue fixed and knew we would be able to come home late that night. One of my crewmembers thought it would be funny to tell his wife (who I am friends with also) that we were staying out on the road so he could sneak in on her and scare her. (WHO thinks this is funny???? I think that would be a good way to get shot or beaten with a baseball hat at my house! Anyway...)

I went inside and called my co-pilot's wife to let her know what he was planning, and we devised an even crueler counter-prank. We got another guy who works with us (who is happily married and great friends with this couple) to go over to this man's house. He, his wife and my co-pilot's wife hung out together until I called them to let them know we had landed and co-pilot was on his way home (thinking he was about to scare the crap out of his wife hee hee) The male friend and the wife crawled into bed (fully clothed of course) and turned out the lights and waited on him to make him think they were having an affair. The real wife hid in another room, but was there just in case there were any doubts about it being a joke. I heard his reaction was awesome. I hate we didn't have a camera set up. I devised this awesome plan and didn't even get to enjoy it. Maybe I'm cruel or a sociopath or whatever, but I don't think so. We never would have done it if he hadn't been so smug about scaring the hell out of his wife.

The best part was I thought of it because of a Golden Girls episode where Dorothy pretends to be in bed with one of her best friend's husbands after the best friend pulled a practical joke on them.

Well, this is different from Clooney's usual ---Yours was funny, witty, imaginative and not meant to be bullying, and not meant to cruelly sabotage anyone, not meant to convey a sense of superiority, etc. just 'getting' a co-worker--whose planned prank could have had a bad result, btw--- before he could 'get' his wife. And nobody took a crap in the kitty litter.

EDIT: At first I read this as the friend's wife also got into bed with co-workers wife, which would have been AWESOME. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I again disagree. Yes there are those who use pranks as a form of bullying but it is not the norm.
    Well, we'll agree to disagree.
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Well, this is different from Clooney's usual ---Yours was funny, witty, imaginative and not meant to be bullying, and not meant to cruelly sabotage anyone, not meant to convey a sense of superiority, etc. just 'getting' a co-worker--whose planned prank could have had a bad result, btw--- before he could 'get' his wife. And nobody took a crap in the kitty litter..
    LMAO I guess the fact that most of Clooney's costars, who also pull the pranks on him, find humor in his pranks and talk about them for years is all just a cover for their pain.
    choozen1ne likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    EDIT: At first I read this as the friend's wife also got into bed with co-workers wife, which would have been AWESOME. lol.
    No, because, knowing this guy, he probably would have gotten excited and stripped down really quickly for the party and then things really would have gotten complicated when he would have to hide his disappointment and pretend he was just kidding too!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I can see both sides of this. I don't think the majority of pranksters are bullies, but I can see easily how it could be a venue for it. I guess it all depends on the attitudes and willingness of all participants. Where I've seen pranksters have to be reined in is when the prankee/victim doesn't really think it's funny and just laughs and pretends it's funny so their peers won't see them as a humorless buzzkill.
    Pranks were a special bond between my dad and me. You never knew what you would get at our household. One time he asked me to get him a glass of water from the tap. He had tied a small rubber band around the spray nozzle so that instead of coming out of the tap the water sprayed me right in the face. That one will get ya. That Easter I carefully painted DAD on a beautiful egg that I had "accidentally" forgotten to boil. My grandmother wasn't even in on the joke and she said "Crack it on your head like you did when you were a kid!" Oops.
    My point being, the first time he played a prank on my sister, she busted into tears and ran to her room in distress. Because he is not a cruel sociopath, that was the first and last time he ever played any kind of trick on her. Although being a prankster is in his nature, being cruel is not. He recognized her sensitivities, and he chose to bond with her in other ways. Had he continued playing tricks and pranks on her, he would have been that exact cruel sociopath your therapist described. Let me go ahead and say now that my sister thought pranks were effing hilarious as long as I was the victim

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Flygirl - very clever.
    Thank you, but I must credit Dorothy Zpronak for that one.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    LMAO I guess the fact that most of Clooney's costars, who also pull the pranks on him, find humor in his pranks and talk about them for years is all just a cover for their pain.
    Yeah well, I'm sure at least Nora Dunn won't be heckling Clooney any time soon..
    Say what you will but I doubt it pays for anyone in H'wood to say what they really feel about Clooney. Fey came close but it's all in good fun, right?

• One day, while filming Three Kings, co-star Nora Dunn started heckling Clooney from 25 yards away. So Clooney took an apple, speared it on a car antenna, pulled it back, and flung the apple at her. It hit her square in the forehead. He called it the ''greatest shot in the history of shots."

He's bragging about the shot he made!! not apologizing for hitting a woman in the head with an apple. He might, and his sycophants might, try to pass this off as a prank but it's simply not. It more like a knee-jerk, jerkass assault against Nora for daring to joke at HIS expense. If this had been a crew member on the set and not the star he might have been arrested.
    BITTER likes this.

You read the story, edited it to highlight only the parts that would fit your needs, and interpreted it in a way that made you feel good about passing judgment. Then you refer to anyone who might find humor in their story as a sycophant. Did that allow you to feel superior? You left out the part where she told him to "bring it" and where he talked about not playing any pranks on Ice Cube because Ice told him he likes to play pranks but doesn't like having them played on him. George respected his request. What a bad bully!

What parts did Sasha leave out?
    Sasha likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

You read the story, edited it to highlight only the parts that would fit your needs, and interpreted it in a way that made you feel good about passing judgment. Then you refer to anyone who might find humor in their story as a sycophant. Did that allow you to feel superior? You left out the part where she told him to "bring it" and where he talked about not playing any pranks on Ice Cube because Ice told him he likes to play pranks but doesn't like having them played on him. George respected his request. What a bad bully!
    sluce, I've read you talking about your daughter. You love your daughter. I have a feeling that if some jerkass jerk hit her in the head with an apple which he flung at her like a sling shot from 25 yards, at her workplace, in response to her good-natured heckling him, you would at least attempt a round house kick in his nuts. I know I would if it were my daughter.
    BITTER likes this.

^How does her daughter factor into it...? Besides taking a leap to try and prove a point, of course.

Exactly. Leave my daughter out of it and make your points without trying to put down those who do not share your opinion. And for the record, if a someone was joking around with my daughter, told her he was going to do it, and she said Bring it On, then she gets what she deserves. I've raised her to understand that she must accept the consequences of her words and actions.
    Karistiona likes this.

I'll bet there are two camps in Hwood. Those who love him unapologetically and those who cannot stand him but dare not utter a word against him.

They all seem so cliquey to me...Sandra B, Julia R, Brad P, George C, Matt Damon etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information