Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: George Bush makes a Jessica Simpson joke

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Then please - I beg of you, get off your ass and go enlist today. If people who support this stupid fucking oil war would put their lives on the line for what they support, the men and women who are being forced to serve could come home from a war they do not support. I have to laugh at the people who say the war is correct but they sit safely at home and don't send their kids to sacrifice their lives for the effort they believe in. Time to put up or shut up!! There are plenty of non combat roles that can be filled too.
    Amen sista!

I'm waiting for an answer to my post about which reason people support for the invasion and occupation of iraq.

Per usual, i doubt it'll be answered because it cant because all the reasons given were lies or are bunk.

So when people say they support the war in iraq, they actually dont know WHY.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

An all vounteer service that should be able to trust that their Commander in Chief will only sacrifice them when it is necessary to defend our freedom. They did not sign up and agree to die for George Bush's lies. The men and women of the National Guards signed up to be back up and protect the homeland when needed. They did not sign up to be sent overseas to defend Bush's lies.

I don't bash Bush or Republicans. I bash stupidity and sheep who blindly follow as an asshole leads us all to the slaughter.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They are in "stop loss". If you really love the troops, you'll volunteer so these guys and gals can come home and rest for a while.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    If you want someone to blame, blame the oil cartels, and the democrats in control of congress who refuse to do any domestic drilling.
    I would rather blame the REAL culprits, those elected(mostly REPUBLICAN) idiots who are so far up Big Oil and Big Business' azz for not pursuing alternative fuel and energy methods, but thats just me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I get the impression TKDGirl is looking for constitutional rights rather than individual "freedoms".

Say what you want about Bush but I too agree that we live in the freest and best country!

Snuffy, just curious.. I'm pretty well traveled.. where have you been where you felt it is more free?

And Puke about how great Clinton was.. that man was a joke too!

It's hard to be a member of either political party in this country when they both produce jackasses!
    Clinton may be a joke, but he doesnt want my 17 yr old son to go fight and die for his oil buddies, either, so I will stay with a democrat!!

^^A-fucking-men.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I get the impression TKDGirl is looking for constitutional rights rather than individual "freedoms".

Say what you want about Bush but I too agree that we live in the freest and best country!

Snuffy, just curious.. I'm pretty well traveled.. where have you been where you felt it is more free?

And Puke about how great Clinton was.. that man was a joke too!

It's hard to be a member of either political party in this country when they both produce jackasses!
    It's not very hard, just look to the north.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    It's not very hard, just look to the north.
    Also look to France. Man, when those workers throw a protest they get what they want because the gov't is afraid of them. That's the way it should be, the people should not have to fear their gov't like we do here.

As for the marriage issue, as I have stated several times on this forum- let the American people decide.
    you can't put everything to a vote, especially not when it comes to minority rights. part of the reason countries have supreme or constitutional courts is to prevent democracies from becoming tyrannies of the majority. if civil rights issues depended on popular support, there never would have been de-segregation in the US, or at least not for a long time. and that would have been disastrous.
    i'm sure that if you put it to a vote, people would support public executions, corporal punishment for violent criminals, etc... doesn't make it right. and it flies in the face of every human rights instrument the country is a party to.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

MINORITY rights decided by a MAJORITY vote? LOL

nobody would ever get any rights that way
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I just knew this thread didn't get to 8 pages purely because of Jessica Simpson

And, if I may say so, I think Australia is the place in the world.
    ssabmud

Hit By Ban Bus!

THAT'S what pisses me off- the local stations with gouging. I remember on 9/11... someone at work suggested filling up on gas that morning because prices would double by the end of the day. So I did. Sure enough, by the time I drove home, gas had DOUBLED! Of course, those stations were prosecuted.

But I think a lot of stations (companies) etc., have knee jerk reactions to alleged market claims, speculation by analysts, etc. Gas prices used to change once a week. Now, they change everyday where I live. THAT'S the crap that needs to stop.

I wish you the best with your sister. Are there any agencies who may be able to assist you both? I started a thread in the 'High School' forum about food/gas saving tips and there are many churches that will help the public with no questions asked.
    Thanks for asking, we have not thought to ask churches for help because we dont go to church. I will check out your thread!

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    O.k. I'll answer cause you asked but lets not start a tit for tat ... this thread is already way off topic - which I luv btw. (also, I'm very patriotic so I'm not bashing the U.S. - we are pretty free.)

That said: Sweden, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, and Canada.

I define personal "freedom" by the degree of power the Police have to violate it, and in that sense we aren't the "freest country" in my mind from my experience.
    That makes sense.... I was just curious... no tit for tat here!
    I've been to a few places in Europe but mostly the central and south americas... so I can see why our view points are very different.

Hit By Ban Bus!

As for the marriage issue, why not the americans who desire to be married decide who and how they do so, but what do I know? I am just a middle age gossip.

And yeah, how funny Jessica Simp. birthed this thread!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information