Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: George Bush makes a Jessica Simpson joke

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^ITA, when Dubya was asked about the war when it first started, he responded with, "Hey, this is the guy that tried to kill my dad."
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    I don't hate our freedoms. I LOVE what America is and offers us. We live in the freest, best country in the world.

But you still have not given me a freedom that has been taken from you.
    How about freedom speech? You've asked for examples so I'll give you one. REM (the band) was very vocal against the war on Iraq. Well turns out that one of the guys in the band's sister was in Iraq. What did the US do? Went to see her removed ALL her personal belonging, she was not allowed to receive any letters, nothing. And this was a girl who was fighting for her country. Government agents visited her mother, told her the situation and said that if her son did not stop being so vocal about being against the Iraq war they were going to leave her daughter like this.

I think that if you lived in the "freest" country in the world you would be able to do what you want right? So why can't gay people get married if they want to?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    It is necessary to restrict some freedoms in order to preserve our safety.

They who would give up an essential liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety - Benjamin Franklin

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death! Patrick Henry

It is NOT patriotic to allow the gov't, any gov't be it Republican or Democratic, to restrict, rescind, flout, and trash our Constitutional freedoms. Read the 4th Amendment and then read the MCA(which passed with the help of 12 traitorous Democrats) and also think about what it means that the gov't can spy on you without probable cause, that it can arrest and hold you indefinitely without recourse to the law. They say it's just for "terrorist" now, but remember that old poem..."First, they came for the Jews..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    How about freedom speech? You've asked for examples so I'll give you one. REM (the band) was very vocal against the war on Iraq. Well turns out that one of the guys in the band's sister was in Iraq. What did the US do? Went to see her removed ALL her personal belonging, she was not allowed to receive any letters, nothing. And this was a girl who was fighting for her country. Government agents visited her mother, told her the situation and said that if her son did not stop being so vocal about being against the Iraq war they were going to leave her daughter like this.

I think that if you lived in the "freest" country in the world you would be able to do what you want right? So why can't gay people get married if they want to?
    Show me the proof that the US government did this to REM guys sister.

As for the marriage issue, as I have stated several times on this forum- let the American people decide.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Pat Tillman was being very vocal about his opposition to the Iraq war before he was shot dead by "friendly fire".

Show me the proof that the US government did this to REM guys sister.

As for the marriage issue, as I have stated several times on this forum- let the American people decide.
    I'll have to search for the article. I'll get back to you on it.

And for the marriage issue it is not for American people to decide, it is for the people who want to get married to decide. That's what's freedom is right? Having the right to do what you want regardless of what others may think?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Dubya making jokes about anyone's intelligence? Pot, meet kettle.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Hit By Ban Bus!

^

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

And for the marriage issue it is not for American people to decide, it is for the people who want to get married to decide. That's what's freedom is right? Having the right to do what you want regardless of what others may think?
    ^^BINGO!!! Mariesoleil, You have come up with an awesome, unimpeachable "Freedom that America is sorely lacking". (I wish i'd stated it myself!) My sister, who is a lesbian, is denied the freedom to marry her long-time partner. Her partner is denied prescription health benefits under my sisters' policy, which she would have (like i have, thru my husband) if they were married. They would be married if the government would allow it. But they do not have the FREEDOM to do so. And TKDGirl, since you'd a while back asked us for a SPECIFIC PERSONAL FREEDOM that we are lacking in America due to the Bush Administration (and i'd replied that i am lacking the freedom to be able to call or be with my friend Randy Rosenberg who was killed in the Iraq war that Bush started under false pretenses), well here's another specific personal one: I AM DENIED THE FREEDOM TO HAVE A MARRIED SIBLING, OR HAVE A SISTER-IN-LAW, BECAUSE THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION WON'T ALLOW GAY PEOPLE TO GET MARRIED LIKE STRAIGHT PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO DO.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I'll have to search for the article. I'll get back to you on it.

Freedom is carrying on your life in whatever way you choose within the context of the laws of our country. When it is a question of overturning existing laws, as is the case of marriage, the people are the ones who should do it.

GoldDust, don't blame Bush for gay marriage. EVERY President before him, including Clinton, has not supported it. In fact, anyone even remotely believing Bush would endorse gay marriage clearly didn't listen to the man before he was President. If you blame anyone, blame the members of congress who have continually denied supporting any legislative move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Pat Tillman was being very vocal about his opposition to the Iraq war before he was shot dead by "friendly fire".
    That is not true. He was killed while serving in Afghanistan, a duty he willing chose to do and gave up a successful career in the NFL. Any alleged 'opposition' to the war in Iraq is from the opinion of his brother. To even suggest he was killed because he opposed the war in Iraq is irresponsible and nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^So the Civil Rights Act of 1964 should have been put to a vote? Do you really think the majority of the people of this country would have allowed black people the vote back then? Just because there is a majority opinion about something doesn't make the majority right.

We are talking about expanding rights here, not restricting them. Allowing black people to vote freely, or allowing legalized gay marriages do not hurt anyone nor does it violate anyone else's rights but disallowing the vote, or disallowing gay marriage restricts the rights of a minority, and sometimes it takes legislation to right wrongs.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Dubya and J. Simp _

Dumber and Dumbest.

Not sure what order that goes in anymore.

ETA, gee I should have known this thread was past cheesy joke stage; back to read the rest of this thread now.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That is not true. He was killed while serving in Afghanistan, a duty he willing chose to do and gave up a successful career in the NFL. Any alleged 'opposition' to the war in Iraq is from the opinion of his brother. To even suggest he was killed because he opposed the war in Iraq is irresponsible and nothing more than a conspiracy theory.
    I never said he was killed in Iraq. I said he opposed the war in Iraq. There is no question about it. He agreed we should be in Afghanistan, where Al Qaeda was, but felt the Iraq war was illegal. And if I'm a conspiracy theorist, then so is Pat's mother and father. It has been acknowledged that he was killed by friendly fire, there is no question of about it.

On May 28, the Army finally admitted to Tillman’s family that he had been killed by friendly fire. “The administration clearly was using this case for its own political reasons,” said the father, Patrick Tillman. “This cover-up started within minutes of Pat’s death, and it started at high levels. This is not something that (lower-ranking) people in the field do,” he said.

Baer, who served with Tillman for more than a year in Iraq and Afghanistan, told one anecdote that took place during the March 2003 invasion as the Rangers moved up through southern Iraq. “I can see it like a movie screen,” Baer said. “We were outside of (a city in southern Iraq) watching as bombs were dropping on the town. We were at an old air base, me, Kevin and Pat, we weren’t in the fight right then. We were talking. And Pat said, ‘You know, this war is so f— illegal.’ And we all said, ‘Yeah.’ That’s who he was. He totally was against Bush.”
    SFGate

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information