Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 133

Thread: George Bush makes a Jessica Simpson joke

  1. #61
    Elite Member mrs.v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    highway jammed with broken heroes
    Posts
    22,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Excuse me? No, that wasn't sarcasm. What planet do you live on, if you don't think food and gas are expensive? My mom and I were at the store, not too long ago. We bought taco shells, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, milk, coke, bread, and a couple of other things. We ONLY got stuff for dinner for ONE NIGHT, and ended up spending $45 that we didn't have. The gas in my part of town is approaching $3.55 a gallon. We haven't had over half a tank of gas in maybe, I dunno, FOUR YEARS. And I live in probably one of the "cheapest" parts of town we could live in. Everywhere else, everything is even HIGHER.

    We weren't poor during the Clinton years. We were living in a nice place out in Kansas, a very expensive state to live in (taxes are hiked even higher, and they have some of the lowest minimum wage and unemployment in the country), and we were getting by like a normal family. Now, because of Bush and other personal happenings, we HAVE to live in a dead part of Missouri, because, otherwise, we won't be able to live ANYWHERE. In the Clinton years, we DIDN'T have to worry about getting food stamps, we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we were going to make the rent, we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we could keep the car, we DIDN'T have to worry about possibly depending on disability checks to try and make it, and we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we had enough food.

    Oh, I'm sorry, you must be rich, so you're not seeing any of this. Try living like we have to live, and you'll see that anything I HAVE to say about how hard it is for my family to live is NOT sarcasm.

    Your support of Bush, and saying what is and isn't Cynic's freedom is irritating. Why don't you go to the White House and marry the guy. You like the man and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to defend anything he's "accomplished", which, in my eyes, is very little. To me, you obviously have no idea where this country has gone, and where it continues to go.

    Don't you EVER tell me that I was being sarcastic about this issue again, because you have NO idea how hard it is for my family, and MILLIONS of other families across America. End of fucking story.

    Nicole,again,you are far wiser at your age than people twice that.

    Golddust,I'm sorry for your loss.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

  2. #62
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,570

    Default

    I should have known that 5 pages on a Jessica post has relatively little to do with her.. haha

  3. #63
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    I get the impression TKDGirl is looking for constitutional rights rather than individual "freedoms".

    Say what you want about Bush but I too agree that we live in the freest and best country!

    Snuffy, just curious.. I'm pretty well traveled.. where have you been where you felt it is more free?

    And Puke about how great Clinton was.. that man was a joke too!

    It's hard to be a member of either political party in this country when they both produce jackasses!



  4. #64
    Elite Member crackho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Playin' up in muh pussah
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I get the impression TKDGirl is looking for constitutional rights rather than individual "freedoms".

    Say what you want about Bush but I too agree that we live in the freest and best country!

    Snuffy, just curious.. I'm pretty well traveled.. where have you been where you felt it is more free?

    And Puke about how great Clinton was.. that man was a joke too!

    It's hard to be a member of either political party in this country when they both produce jackasses!
    I'll take the "jackass" who balanced our budget.

    My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

  5. #65
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    BUT show me somewhere, anywhere in our Constitution where cheap food and gas is guaranteed. It isn't.


    Tell me, what's more important... the risk (and a small one now with the technologies oil companies have) of damaging the environment, or putting affordable food on your table and gas in your tank?

    Okay, I'll read the Constitution, and read it thoroughly. I'll save it in my favorites, and read several portions a day, and read them over several times. You say you love the country so much, so I suggest you do the same thing.

    To me, what's more important is getting ourselves out of Iraq, weaning our country off of foreign oils, and getting ourselves back into the country we knew and loved, to have our country be stable, and, I dunno, not be one of the most hated country's in the world, because of the shit we've gotten involved in. So what's the most important to you? You're telling us we do have freedoms, you're asking us what's more important to us... What's more important to you? Because you seem to only want to be sarcastic to others, and not actually give any details on what you want.

    I'm probably going to be up all night, so I'll be waiting for a detailed response out of you. Snarky one liners no longer count.


    Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    I'll take the "jackass" who balanced our budget.
    Yes, me too. The man lost a lot of credibility after having a sexual affair with the intern, but do you remember him starting a war? No.

  6. #66
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    It is necessary to restrict some freedoms in order to preserve our safety.

    Allowing everyone to do whatever they want, in total privacy, with no discernable consequences is foolish, dangerous, and ineffective.

    I'd rather live in a country where the government can listen in on my phone conversations than in one where they refuse to take the necessary measures to identify and eliminate potential threats to my safety because they're afraid of hurting people's feelings or pissing someone off.

    I know my opinion won't be popular in this forum, but I'll say it anyway.

    First of all, I'm sick of people claiming that Bush started this war. It was started when we were attacked on our own soil, the result of 8 years of slack foreign policy that facilitated the attack and the training and planning that went into it. Post 9/11, we had reason to believe that Iraq was a threat and we had information indicating that they were cooperating with Al-Qaeda. Would you really prefer that we sit back and do nothing? Allow them to continue to terrorize and threaten us? I don't necessarily agree that we should have stayed as long as we did, but I fully believe we were justified in going in.

    Bush is far from perfect, but I think it takes a strong leader to know when to step in and make controversial decisions to protect the country. People can complain all they want to about how invasive or "unfair" the government is being with regards to our mythical "right" to privacy, but how many large scale attacks have we had on US soil since these policies went into effect? The answer is zero. That tells me that he's doing something right.
    Last edited by southernbelle; May 1st, 2008 at 10:30 PM.

  7. #67
    Gold Member laynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    What's round on the ends and high in the middle?
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Okay, I'll read the Constitution, and read it thoroughly. I'll save it in my favorites, and read several portions a day, and read them over several times. You say you love the country so much, so I suggest you do the same thing.

    To me, what's more important is getting ourselves out of Iraq, weaning our country off of foreign oils, and getting ourselves back into the country we knew and loved, to have our country be stable, and, I dunno, not be one of the most hated country's in the world, because of the shit we've gotten involved in. So what's the most important to you? You're telling us we do have freedoms, you're asking us what's more important to us... What's more important to you? Because you seem to only want to be sarcastic to others, and not actually give any details on what you want.

    I'm probably going to be up all night, so I'll be waiting for a detailed response out of you. Snarky one liners no longer count.




    Yes, me too. The man lost a lot of credibility after having a sexual affair with the intern, but do you remember him starting a war? No.
    Nope.. but I remember him letting Osama get away.



  8. #68
    Elite Member mrs.v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    highway jammed with broken heroes
    Posts
    22,701

    Default

    Oy vey

    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

  9. #69
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    ^ Claaaaaaaass. What's she want us to do, pledge alliegance to her undies?

  10. #70
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    Oy vey

    That bathing suit is one of the $5 Old Navy 4th of July suits. I have the same one.

  11. #71
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Okay, I'll read the Constitution, and read it thoroughly. I'll save it in my favorites, and read several portions a day, and read them over several times. You say you love the country so much, so I suggest you do the same thing.

    To me, what's more important is getting ourselves out of Iraq, weaning our country off of foreign oils, and getting ourselves back into the country we knew and loved, to have our country be stable, and, I dunno, not be one of the most hated country's in the world, because of the shit we've gotten involved in. So what's the most important to you? You're telling us we do have freedoms, you're asking us what's more important to us... What's more important to you? Because you seem to only want to be sarcastic to others, and not actually give any details on what you want.

    I'm probably going to be up all night, so I'll be waiting for a detailed response out of you. Snarky one liners no longer count.




    Yes, me too. The man lost a lot of credibility after having a sexual affair with the intern, but do you remember him starting a war? No.
    I am headed to bed but I shall try and give more than just a one sentence reply.

    First- Clinton/Kosovo/Somalia. But enough about him.

    I, too, want us to be energy independent. The oil crisis in the 70s should have taught us all what we need to do. I remember those days. My family was hurting bad, to the point of government assistance. But unfortunately, we are right back to that point. Not a huge fan of Kay Bailey Hutchinson (R) from Texas, but I've read some of her proposals in congress regarding energy conservation and I agree with almost all of it. http://www.senate.gov/~hutchison/pr050108c.html

    But it isn't enough. We need to find alternatives (and no, not just ethanol, which, ironically, is causing some of the increases in food prices) to oil, gas, etc. We are the most technically advanced country in the world and have the smarts to make great strides, especially in the area of being environmentally responsible. But why don't we? Special interest groups, lobbyists, etc. who are in the back pockets of politicians.

    There's no reason whatsoever the gov't can't completely rescind the .40 a gal. tax on gasoline. There's also no reason the special 'blends' of gasoline can't once again be reduced (Bush reduced this number years back to around 7 special blends).

    Let's be real here. OPEC knows it has us by the balls. We have lived a fairytale of low gasoline prices for decades while other countries have paid far more. And they're smart enough to know that with the growing concern over environmental impact here in the US, there's no way we'll drill and refine oil here. So, yeah, they have us good. Considering who are members of OPEC, its a fairly good possibility that, yeah, they might like a politically and economically unstable United States. In fact, I bet a good number of them WANT that to happen.

    Higher gas prices will cause a domino affect on everything we do. Everything. Higher gas prices will cause higher food prices (transportation, farming costs, shipping, etc.) Hell, even truckers are stopping because diesel is too high. Then there's the travel industry. By fall, the airlines will once again be crying for a bailout because customers are staying home. All consumer goods will go up in price, plain and simple.

    There is nothing wrong with wanting to save the planet. There is nothing wrong with being environmentally safe. But there IS something wrong with not using the technology to help improve the lives of all Americans. The risk of not doing anything and being solely dependent on other countries for energy far outweighs the smaller risks of environmental impact.

    For that matter, we also need to stop importing so much food. I can't remember the last time I saw California grapes for sale in my grocery store. Best grapes in the world! Man, if I could be a farmer, I would. Dependence on energy is one thing, but damn, food too? At the rate we're going, the American farmer will be a thing of the past by the year 2050. Talk about a double choke hold: energy AND food dependence on others? Screw that.

    So what's important to me?
    1. Actively pursuing our own domestic drilling options, while also using new technology to limit the impact on the environment. Horizontal drilling is one of these things.

    2. Nuclear power plants. The scary days of Three Mile Island are over. Again, with new technology, this impact of this kind of power would be huge. Hell, if France can do it, so can we.

    3. Take a more domestic approach to our own economy, meaning, look for sources of food, etc. from within the US first. Promote farming.

    4. Enforce a 30mpg on all vehicles produced in the US. If the gov't has minimum crash safety requirements, then why the hell not something that will save gas? And damn it, I hate gov't involvement in business. But the American auto industry is on the dodo path.

    5. Being the competitor I am, have the government sponsor a contest for the best alternative energy solution with mass appeal and implementation. The winner receives X million dollars plus patent exclusivity for an extended period of time. Or, the winner can choose to sell the rights for 'clone' results and still profit- kinda like Apple did with Mac spin offs.

    And that's just for starters. Regardless of what many may believe, we aren't screwed. We CAN find the solution. We just need the balls once again to make the difficult- and right decisions.

  12. #72
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    That bathing suit is one of the $5 Old Navy 4th of July suits. I have the same one.
    HA! I wish I could fill it out like Jessica!

  13. #73
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    Snuffy, just curious.. I'm pretty well traveled.. where have you been where you felt it is more free?
    O.k. I'll answer cause you asked but lets not start a tit for tat ... this thread is already way off topic - which I luv btw. (also, I'm very patriotic so I'm not bashing the U.S. - we are pretty free.)

    That said: Sweden, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, and Canada.

    I define personal "freedom" by the degree of power the Police have to violate it, and in that sense we aren't the "freest country" in my mind from my experience.

  14. #74
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    It is necessary to restrict some freedoms in order to preserve our safety.

    Allowing everyone to do whatever they want, in total privacy, with no discernable consequences is foolish, dangerous, and ineffective.

    I'd rather live in a country where the government can listen in on my phone conversations than in one where they refuse to take the necessary measures to identify and eliminate potential threats to my safety because they're afraid of hurting people's feelings or pissing someone off.

    I know my opinion won't be popular in this forum, but I'll say it anyway.

    First of all, I'm sick of people claiming that Bush started this war. It was started when we were attacked on our own soil, the result of 8 years of slack foreign policy that facilitated the attack and the training and planning that went into it. Post 9/11, we had reason to believe that Iraq was a threat and we had information indicating that they were cooperating with Al-Qaeda. Would you really prefer that we sit back and do nothing? Allow them to continue to terrorize and threaten us? I don't necessarily agree that we should have stayed as long as we did, but I fully believe we were justified in going in.

    Bush is far from perfect, but I think it takes a strong leader to know when to step in and make controversial decisions to protect the country. People can complain all they want to about how invasive or "unfair" the government is being with regards to our mythical "right" to privacy, but how many large scale attacks have we had on US soil since these policies went into effect? The answer is zero. That tells me that he's doing something right.
    Sadly, this war has nothing to do with 9/11. Osama Bin Laden is from Afganistan, which is not Iraq. Oh yeah, and he's never been caught, nor has any serious attempt been made by Bush. Last time I checked, Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, yet he's the one who paid the price for our towers falling. It sounds like Bush has his own agenda to me.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  15. #75
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Sadly, this war has nothing to do with 9/11. Osama Bin Laden is from Afganistan, which is not Iraq. Oh yeah, and he's never been caught, nor has any serious attempt been made by Bush. Last time I checked, Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, yet he's the one who paid the price for our towers falling. It sounds like Bush has his own agenda to me.

    Bush's agenda is his father's agenda. He wanted to finish what his father began, which, in fact, the elder Bush handled more apropriately.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jessica Simpson Makes a fool of herself AGAIN!
    By mistify in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
  2. Jennifer Aniston makes a joke about Brad Pitt on TV
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM
  3. Jessica Simpson slams George Bush snub reports
    By muchlove in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 16th, 2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: March 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
  5. Boy George unamused by Brit Awards drugs joke
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 16th, 2006, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •