Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133

Thread: George Bush makes a Jessica Simpson joke

  1. #31
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...no problem....I'm not shy of voicing my opinion....

    ....he got the telecoms to spy on me and then lie about it.... juicy, got proof?
    ....he put "my" military in a country that was of no personal threat leaving me open to all the other nutballs in the world.... not a freedom
    ....he has tried to shut down all the freedom of information legislation and in a few cases has been successful.... not a freedom
    ....he has given every advantage he can to the industries he has ties to while ignoring the free market concept....which removes my freedom to live in a free market society without having to move.... not a freedom
    ....he has ignored the infrastructure of this country which will deny me free access..... not a freedom (free access to what?)
    ...he, in conspiracy with the Supreme Court justices, has removed my freedom to vote and have my vote count.....not a freedom
    ...with his "security", he has removed most media coverage of his administration which removes my freedom of knowing what the hell my politicians are up to..... not a freedom (and have you watch CNN lately?)
    ...he has removed my freedom to travel securely around the world because he has pissed off nearly everyone.... not a freedom
    ...as a citizen, he has removed my right to be defended by a lawyer when he denied the U.S. citizens "accused" of terrorism that right... , ah, not you. But give specifics of the instance you site please
    ...he removed my freedom to brag that my country would never torture nor would we EVER be a "first strike" nation... not a freedom.

    And, that's a random list without much thought.....with some time, I could wear out my keyboard....
    Love the cheap gas and food sarcasm, NWH.

  2. #32
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    So so so sorry GoldDust.

    It's all a crying shame, a living nightmare. It's enough to make a person howl at the moon.

  3. #33
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    That is specific. NO ONE is free in a country in which they have to fear doing something that might land them in prison indefinitely just because the POTUS says so. No trial, no jury, no lawyer, no recourse.
    And what have you wanted to do but haven't because you fear imprisonment?

  4. #34
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    tkdgirl, why do you hate our freedoms?

  5. #35
    Gold Member GoldDust77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    GoldDust said:
    My favorite is still the one with Bush's (dumb-faced) picture, and next to it in big letters, simply: "WTF??!!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Oh, I need to get that one.
    ^^Me too! Doesn't it just say it all? Because, i mean, there really just are NO WORDS to describe how bad he's been as president & NO BETTER WORDS to comment on his bone-headed and/or evil decisions.

    Sasha said:
    So so so sorry GoldDust.

    It's all a crying shame, a living nightmare. It's enough to make a person howl at the moon.
    ^^Thanks Sasha. Yup-- It just SUXXXXXXXX!!!! (that's me howling at the moon, heehee)
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

  6. #36
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    1) habeus corpus is no more, thanks to vague wording of the "enemy combatant" term applied to "suspected" terrorists, be they US citizens or not.

    2) with that term, you are denied legal counsel or in fact any legal recourse against your accusers, can be imprisoned without trial indefinitely

    3) telecoms forked over tons of records (internet, phone, otherwise) to the Bush admin without a warrant. It was all over the news, just google it.

    4) police and government now have the ability to search your communications and even your home without a warrant.. even a retroactive one, using Patriot Act 'rights' they appointed themselves. they can get a retroactive warrant AFTER the search if they wanted, but they removed even that judicial oversight so you have absolutely NO legal recourse to fight it if it happens.

    And of course then there's waterboarding, torture, extraordinary rendition, and all that oher crap

    and if anybody says that oft used line "if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about" tell it to the 1 year tortured Maher Arar that was shipped to Syria. Also of note, even if you dont have anything to hide ANY GOVERNMENT THAT AWARDS ITSELF ABSOLUTE POWER SUCH AS THIS IS TYRANNICAL. No government should hold its citizens in a power where they have no legal recourse or access to the judicial system. That is tyrrany, the very thing America was founded to get away from.

    Even if you are not PERSONALLY AFFECTED by such sweeping powers, ethically they should not be in place. It's the principle of the matter.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #37
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Love the cheap gas and food sarcasm, NWH.

    You define your freedoms the way you want and I'll define mine, my way.....I'm not going to debate....

    ...not to mention that Grimm does it so much better....
    Last edited by cynic; May 1st, 2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Grimm, as usual is way ahead of me...

  8. #38
    Elite Member Laxmobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Down by da beach....boyeee
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    The Iraq war is this generation's Vietnam.
    I actually did my Senior thesis(circa 2005) on this very topic, comparing Vietnam to Iraq. It made me realize that the Vietnam War was the biggest mistake in our country's history, IMO. The only comparison I found was the universal disdain for the war and the president. All other statistics show Vietnam as the more destructive war.


    Bush will always be an ASSHAT...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

  9. #39
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Love the cheap gas and food sarcasm, NWH.

    Excuse me? No, that wasn't sarcasm. What planet do you live on, if you don't think food and gas are expensive? My mom and I were at the store, not too long ago. We bought taco shells, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, milk, coke, bread, and a couple of other things. We ONLY got stuff for dinner for ONE NIGHT, and ended up spending $45 that we didn't have. The gas in my part of town is approaching $3.55 a gallon. We haven't had over half a tank of gas in maybe, I dunno, FOUR YEARS. And I live in probably one of the "cheapest" parts of town we could live in. Everywhere else, everything is even HIGHER.

    We weren't poor during the Clinton years. We were living in a nice place out in Kansas, a very expensive state to live in (taxes are hiked even higher, and they have some of the lowest minimum wage and unemployment in the country), and we were getting by like a normal family. Now, because of Bush and other personal happenings, we HAVE to live in a dead part of Missouri, because, otherwise, we won't be able to live ANYWHERE. In the Clinton years, we DIDN'T have to worry about getting food stamps, we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we were going to make the rent, we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we could keep the car, we DIDN'T have to worry about possibly depending on disability checks to try and make it, and we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we had enough food.

    Oh, I'm sorry, you must be rich, so you're not seeing any of this. Try living like we have to live, and you'll see that anything I HAVE to say about how hard it is for my family to live is NOT sarcasm.

    Your support of Bush, and saying what is and isn't Cynic's freedom is irritating. Why don't you go to the White House and marry the guy. You like the man and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to defend anything he's "accomplished", which, in my eyes, is very little. To me, you obviously have no idea where this country has gone, and where it continues to go.

    Don't you EVER tell me that I was being sarcastic about this issue again, because you have NO idea how hard it is for my family, and MILLIONS of other families across America. End of fucking story.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Excuse me? No, that wasn't sarcasm. What planet do you live on, if you don't think food and gas are expensive? My mom and I were at the store, not too long ago. We bought taco shells, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, milk, coke, bread, and a couple of other things. We ONLY got stuff for dinner for ONE NIGHT, and ended up spending $45 that we didn't have. The gas in my part of town is approaching $3.55 a gallon. We haven't had over half a tank of gas in maybe, I dunno, FOUR YEARS. And I live in probably one of the "cheapest" parts of town we could live in. Everywhere else, everything is even HIGHER.

    We weren't poor during the Clinton years. We were living in a nice place out in Kansas, a very expensive state to live in (taxes are hiked even higher, and they have some of the lowest minimum wage and unemployment in the country), and we were getting by like a normal family. Now, because of Bush and other personal happenings, we HAVE to live in a dead part of Missouri, because, otherwise, we won't be able to live ANYWHERE.

    Oh, I'm sorry, you must be rich, so you're not seeing any of this. Try living like we have to live, and you'll see that anything I HAVE to say about how hard it is for my family to live is NOT sarcasm.

    Your support of Bush, and saying what is and isn't Cynic's freedom is irritating. Why don't you go to the White House and marry the guy. You like the man and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to defend anything he's "accomplished", which, in my eyes, is very little. To me, you obviously have no idea where this country has gone, and where it continues to go.

    Don't you EVER tell me that I was being sarcastic about this issue again, because you have NO idea how hard it is for my family, and MILLIONS of other families across America. End of fucking story.
    very nicely put.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  11. #41
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I actually did my Senior thesis(circa 2005) on this very topic, comparing Vietnam to Iraq. It made me realize that the Vietnam War was the biggest mistake in our country's history, IMO. The only comparison I found was the universal disdain for the war and the president. All other statistics show Vietnam as the more destructive war.


    Bush will always be an ASSHAT...
    This is not criticism of your post because I have a brother who went through Vietnam and I totally agree.....except for one thing.....the Iraqi war isn't over yet.....as with Vietnam, it will be decades before we see the true effects of this recent disaster....

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Excuse me? No, that wasn't sarcasm. What planet do you live on, if you don't think food and gas are expensive? My mom and I were at the store, not too long ago. We bought taco shells, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, milk, coke, bread, and a couple of other things. We ONLY got stuff for dinner for ONE NIGHT, and ended up spending $45 that we didn't have. The gas in my part of town is approaching $3.55 a gallon. We haven't had over half a tank of gas in maybe, I dunno, FOUR YEARS. And I live in probably one of the "cheapest" parts of town we could live in. Everywhere else, everything is even HIGHER.

    We weren't poor during the Clinton years. We were living in a nice place out in Kansas, a very expensive state to live in (taxes are hiked even higher, and they have some of the lowest minimum wage and unemployment in the country), and we were getting by like a normal family. Now, because of Bush and other personal happenings, we HAVE to live in a dead part of Missouri, because, otherwise, we won't be able to live ANYWHERE. In the Clinton years, we DIDN'T have to worry about getting food stamps, we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we were going to make the rent, we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we could keep the car, we DIDN'T have to worry about possibly depending on disability checks to try and make it, and we DIDN'T have to worry about wether or not we had enough food.

    Oh, I'm sorry, you must be rich, so you're not seeing any of this. Try living like we have to live, and you'll see that anything I HAVE to say about how hard it is for my family to live is NOT sarcasm.

    Your support of Bush, and saying what is and isn't Cynic's freedom is irritating. Why don't you go to the White House and marry the guy. You like the man and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be trying to defend anything he's "accomplished", which, in my eyes, is very little. To me, you obviously have no idea where this country has gone, and where it continues to go.

    Don't you EVER tell me that I was being sarcastic about this issue again, because you have NO idea how hard it is for my family, and MILLIONS of other families across America. End of fucking story.
    Good post, and if I might add.....I LOVE it when women defend me....

  12. #42
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    "You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." Describing what it's like to be governor of Texas.
    (Governing Magazine 7/98)

    -- From Paul Begala's "Is Our Children Learning?"
    "I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator," Bush joked.
    -- CNN.com, December 18, 2000
    "A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, " [Bush] said.
    -- Business Week, July 30, 2001

    While driving back from the speech later that day, Bush mentions Karla Faye Tucker, a double murderer who was executed in Texas last year. In the weeks before the execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. 'Did you meet with any of them?' I ask.

    Bush whips around and stares at me. 'No, I didn't meet with any of them,' he snaps, as though I've just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. 'I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' 'What was her answer?' I wonder.

    'Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, 'don't kill me.'

    I must look shocked -- ridiculing the pleas of a condemned prisoner who has since been executed seems odd and cruel, even for someone as militantly anticrime as Bush -- because he immediately stops smirking.

    'It's tough stuff,' Bush says, suddenly somber, 'but my job is to enforce the law.' As it turns out, the Larry `King-Karla` Faye Tucker exchange Bush recounted never took place, at least not on television. During her interview with King, however, Tucker did imply that Bush was succumbing to `election-year` pressure from `pro-death` penalty voters. Apparently Bush never forgot it. He has a long memory for slights." [Carlson, Talk, 9/99] [/quote]
    dangerouscitizen.com




  13. #43
    Elite Member AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wonderstruck
    Posts
    6,945

    Default

    Why don't you go to the White House and marry the guy.
    I dunno, I hear that even Laura loathes his company nowadays. Believe it or not even neocons like Ann Coulter have turned on him. I remember seeing one interview where Coulter referred to him as a 'nincompoop'. Such unladylike language!

    It's just a shame he tried to export democracy to Iraq, when it sounds like America needs it now more than ever!

  14. #44
    Elite Member Laxmobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Down by da beach....boyeee
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    This is not criticism of your post because I have a brother who went through Vietnam and I totally agree.....except for one thing.....the Iraqi war isn't over yet.....as with Vietnam, it will be decades before we see the true effects of this recent disaster....
    Oh believe me I know this. You know maybe by the time I decide to go back to Grad School the war will be over...Maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    I dunno, I hear that even Laura loathes his company nowadays. Believe it or not even neocons like Ann Coulter have turned on him. I remember seeing one interview where Coulter referred to him as a 'nincompoop'. Such unladylike language!
    Too bad she's not a lady, shes a bigotted skank whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

  15. #45
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Oh believe me I know this. You know maybe by the time I decide to go back to Grad School the war will be over...Maybe
    ....Let's hope so or I'm never gonna get to retire....I'm gonna be the oldest bagboy in the world....

    I hate to have my Jessica mentioned in the same breath at this family of mouth breathers.....

    **note how I'm trying to get back on subject**

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jessica Simpson Makes a fool of herself AGAIN!
    By mistify in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
  2. Jennifer Aniston makes a joke about Brad Pitt on TV
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM
  3. Jessica Simpson slams George Bush snub reports
    By muchlove in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 16th, 2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: March 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
  5. Boy George unamused by Brit Awards drugs joke
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 16th, 2006, 04:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •