Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gayle King's "DogHouse"

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I find it amusing that because they are such great friends that they must be gay. That is so ridiculous to me. Gayle & Oprah have been friends way before Oprah got famous and I think its huge for her to have a friend who is grounded and doesn't want her just for money/fame. Yah, Gayle has reaped the benefits of being Oprah's friend but big deal. I'd give my best friend anything she wanted if I had Oprah's cash too. Sorry, I just can't belive this gay rumor.

I totally agree, but it just doesn't seem to be with Oprah... It seems like a "standard" for everyone, like one of my friends saw two girls on TV who were super good friends, and she said that she thought they must be gay since they were practically glued at the hip.

It's like people can't have best friends anymore, without some kind of speculation going on. _

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I totally agree, but it just doesn't seem to be with Oprah... It seems like a "standard" for everyone, like one of my friends saw two girls on TV who were super good friends, and she said that she thought they must be gay since they were practically glued at the hip.

It's like people can't have best friends anymore, without some kind of speculation going on. _
    I don't really watch Oprah, but I saw an episode where she and Gayle were traveling across the country in a car together. They stopped at hotel, and their room was on the tv show. FYI, it had 1 bed. Oprah can certainly afford to get her best friend her own room, or at least get 2 beds. Also, Gayle's ex husband sued Oprah, saying he broke up their marriage. Apparently, she sent flowers all the time, hired a limo driver to pick her up all the time, and jetsetted with her all over the globe. Maybe her ex is money hungry, but some of this looks peculiar.

I don't think it would be taking advantage of her friend to let Oprah buy her an apartment. How is it different to someone winning the lotto and buying their family and friends cars or paying off their mortgages?
    vaya con dios

^There is no difference. I disagree with paying off other people's debts. And Gayle has been taken care of completely for almost her entire adult life by Oprah. They may as well be married.

ETA: Each of us should be responsible to make our own way in this world, but that's just my opinion.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I guess if I had the money I'd help a friend out.

I wish Oprah - Miss Empowerment- would just own up to the fact that they are gay.

I guess it wouldn't sit well with her soccer mom crowd

Hard to be empowered when your own life is based on a lie

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

If she's gay that's one thing..... but to insinuate that because they talk 20xs a day, take vacations together and hang out they must be gay is just ridiculous to me. I do all those things with my best friend and we are both straight. We have been friends for many, many years. I guess its hard for some to comprehend that true friendships do exist.

There are always two sides of the coin. I truly believe she leans on Gayle because they were friends long before Oprah became a gazillionaire and when you are in that lifestyle it's very hard to know who your true friends are vs. those that just want to be your friend to get something from you.

I don't think they're gay b/c they chat a mil times on the phone. I think they are gay cause they are genuinely gay. They got a love jones.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I guess if I had the money I'd help a friend out.
    Actually, I would do the same, and I think it's beautiful to give to those we love freely. But my point is that it just doesn't seem right to accept millions and millions of dollars worth of gifts just because you're someone's best friend/ lover, whatever the case may be. I'd feel like I was being taken advantage of after a period of time.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't read anywhere
    that Poprah bought this apt for Gayle. Maybe
    Gayle bought it herself. It's under a corp.
    name for tax crap. Maybe.
    Last edited by sprynkles; March 27th, 2008 at 12:17 AM.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Oprah's $7M is like $100 to the normal person.
    True. But I never heard of Oprah buying Stedman, her boyfriend/fiance a penthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Thank you. And that was funny, Kingcap. LOL.

I really strongly believe that Oprah and Gayle have been clacking maracas for a long ass time and Steadman was just a cover. He got paid to act his part. O and G said they talk to eachother 20 times on the phone daily and always before they go to bed at night and when they wake up. Now what friend does that? I have friends that I don't even hear from for long periods of times sometimes.

IMO, they are in lurve and if Gayle can get a penthouse out of it, more power to her.

Oprah & Gayle forever!

Well, Gayle knows the secret to giving Oprah her favorite things...sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by MissVenus View Post
    $7M to Oprah is like you or me buying 1 chicken nugget at Burger King!
    But like I said, Oprah never brought her boyfriend/fiance a penthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    True. But I never heard of Oprah buying Stedman, her boyfriend/fiance a penthouse.

Well, Gayle knows the secret to giving Oprah her favorite things...sexually.

GOOD observation, Kingcap. I had never thought of that before!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

What!!! This is grounds for gayness?? Listen,King! She might feel like I do: the man ain't been born I'm buying a house for! Besides-he is worth quite a bit in his own right-he can afford his own. Take this back!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Why would she buy Stedman a house when they live together?

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What!!! This is grounds for gayness?? Listen,King! She might feel like I do: the man ain't been born I'm buying a house for! Besides-he is worth quite a bit in his own right-he can afford his own. Take this back!!!
    No, that doesn't make Oprah gay. But she and Gayle are just annoying, so anything that anybody says about their relationship I'll run with.

And Stedman could never afford that kind of money. And Gayle's got some money of her own, too, not Oprah-level, but she wasn't livin' in the projects waitin' on a chow line with Florida and J.J. thinkin' about her good times, either.

Plus, I still say not too many people would fork over $7 million for a penthouse for a friend. That just seems strange.

Edit:

Why would she buy Stedman a house when they live together?
    They haven't slept...lived together for years.
    Last edited by kingcap72; March 28th, 2008 at 12:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information