Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Gary Oldman defends Alec Baldwin & Mel Gibson: ‘We’ve all said those things’

Call me a cynic, but does anyone else wonder if that 'apology' was written by someone other than Gary? And then there's this sentence: "The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God's voice, and surely are the chosen people." Is that sarcasm? Or was that simply written by a nice Jewish friend/manager/PR?

Sometimes these post-offence celebrity apologies/charm offensives just seem like kneejerk PR spin (as practised by anyone who wants to protect their job/business/profits) and are as empty of remorse as a Mel Gibson wineglass. I sometimes wish they didn't bother. Let's see who these people really are behind their mask. Then we can make our own minds up about whether we want to support them (with our money - or votes) or not.
    sputnik likes this.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    Call me a cynic, but does anyone else wonder if that 'apology' was written by someone other than Gary? And then there's this sentence: "The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God's voice, and surely are the chosen people." Is that sarcasm? Or was that simply written by a nice Jewish friend/manager/PR?

Sometimes these post-offence celebrity apologies/charm offensives just seem like kneejerk PR spin (as practised by anyone who wants to protect their job/business/profits) and are as empty of remorse as a Mel Gibson wineglass. I sometimes wish they didn't bother. Let's see who these people really are behind their mask. Then we can make our own minds up about whether we want to support them (with our money - or votes) or not.
    I'd be willing to bet it was written by his PR agency

His comments were all kinds of racist and homophobic and he is not sorry. You don't say things like that and not mean them. And that apology did seem like it is mocking Jewish people somehow...
    Callalily likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I don't think he directly commented on gay people, unless it was in another part of the interview.

mjw
    Elite Member

Accused Wife Beater: Police Report Reveals Gary Oldman Allegedly Struck Wife With A Telephone – Read The Documents!

In a scary twist of events, it turns out thatGary Oldman and Mel Gibson are similar in more ways than one! The Batman star apparently feels sympathetic for Gibson because they both allegedly abused women, The National ENQUIRER reports.

Oldman, 56, who defended the Braveheart star in the July/August issue of Playboy, allegedly got into a terrible fight with his then-wife in May 2001, and it ended with him hitting her with a phoneand choking her, according to a police report obtained by The ENQUIRER.

Donya Fiorentino, the victim, told police that her husband called her a “whore” before attempting to leave their home with their kids. After trying to stop him from leaving, Fiorentino became frightened and called the police. While she was on the phone with a dispatcher, Oldman allegedly pulled the receiver out of her hand and punched her with it.

His now ex-wife received a blow to the left side of her face.

“The suspect then grabbed the victim by the neck with unknown hand and began to choke the victim,” the police report states.

READ THE DOCUMENTS HERE

The marriage soon ended after the reported incident. Oldman would go on to marry his fourth wife, Alexandra Edenborough, in 2008.

Gibson also has been found in a domestic violence controversy, having pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor involving his former girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. He received three years probation for the crime.

“These guys are two peas in a pod!” an insider told The ENQUIRER.

Oldman denied the attack, but apologized for his controversial remarks in the magazine saying he was “deeply remorseful.”

Radar Online | Police Documents Reveal Gary Oldman Beat Wife

I guess they didn't print the other Gary Oldman quote aligning himself with Mel Gibson, "Who hasn't said to their wife, 'I am going to come and burn the f--king house down... but you will blow me first.', I know I have."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Aaand the requisite "I didn't mean it that way"-apology. Interesting that he doesn't apologise to black or gay people. I guess he doesn't consider them influential enough in his line of work to warrant an apology.

Gary Oldman 'Very Remorseful' About Anti-Semitic Comments in Playboy

Well, I guess that's because he works in a town run by Jews, not blacks or gays.

Well I am sure that if he decides he wants to work on Broadway the gays will get an apology too. Not sure what it will take for him to apologize to the black community.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information