Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Gary Oldman defends Alec Baldwin & Mel Gibson: ‘We’ve all said those things’

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Mel Gibson is in a town that’s run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because he’s actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him – and doesn’t need to feed him anymore because he’s got enough dough. He’s like an outcast, a leper, you know? But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasn’t turned and said, “That f***ing kraut” or “F*** those Germans,”
    Now that's anti-Semitic!

Mel Gibson was born and raised an anti-Semite (thanks to his dad), Gary Oldman came to it on his own.
    idunno likes this.

Elite Member

Aaand the requisite "I didn't mean it that way"-apology. Interesting that he doesn't apologise to black or gay people. I guess he doesn't consider them influential enough in his line of work to warrant an apology.

Gary Oldman 'Very Remorseful' About Anti-Semitic Comments in Playboy

Gary Oldman 'Very Remorseful' About Anti-Semitic Comments in Playboy

Gary Oldman issued a statement in response to the Anti-Defamation League's charges that his statements in a recent Playboy interview were anti-semitic. His apology is not bad, if a little awkward.
    Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:
    I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print—I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler's superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.

I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God's voice, and surely are the chosen people.
    I would like to sign off with "Shalom Aleichem"—but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace–Gary Oldman.
    Duly noted, Gary Oldman! [Deadline]
    And no, says Mel Gibson's arresting officer, he hasn't ever called anyone the n-word or a "fucking Jew." But thanks for the weird, offensive shout-out, Gary. [Telegraph]
    Sunrider likes this.

I was going to say that maybe Gary should just shut up and stick to being just damn sexy, but he's got that great voice and accent, so I'll say he shouldn't talk unless it's sexy time talk.
    Sylkyn likes this.

Wow, that is some apology. I guess he doesn't have as much dough as Mel Gibson so he regrets biting the hand that has fed him. It's interesting he said that the town is run by Jews because he just read a book that said the town is run by Jews.

And I agree about not apologizing to the gays and blacks, is that because they didn't complain? Maybe that apology is coming next.

i'm not referring to gary oldman here but generally speaking, the fact is hollywood jews do have an incredibly high level of influence and always have - well, except during mccarthyism. i don't see why it's necessarily anti-semitic to acknowledge that? especially when it's a statement of fact.
    jews historically have always contributed to the arts and to science far more than any other group if you consider they're a very small minority in the world. of course antisemites say that as if it's a negative thing but i think it's also possible to acknowledge their incredible cultural contribution as a good thing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

There's even a very good book on the topic 'An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood'. A good docu was based on the book too.
    sputnik likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Louis B. Mayer, Jack Warner and his brothers, Samuel Goldwyn -- hugely influential Jewish studio heads during the golden age of Hollywood. I don't think it's a negative to acknowledge it. It would be wrong, though, to say there is some cabal of Jewish producers who only make decisions based on what benefits Jews or counter to the interest of non Jews.
    sputnik, Kittylady and penname like this.

I'm sure I'll get attacked for this but it's 100% true, so I DGAF... Firstly, I don't think there's a cabal of jews running the world, but that said more than once I've seen a discount offered in my business for no other reason that both parties were Syrian/Sephardic Jews....'Oh, you're one of us? An S-Y, and not a J-Dub? Well, then for you we have a special price'

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

But that'll happen with Christian businesses too. My brother's wife put a fish on their car and they started getting special deals.
    sputnik likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I would put a fish symbol on my car if I could get 50% off on salmon nigiri. But only for that.
    chartreuse and gas_chick like this.

So there are at least a few real religion based conspiracies. And from there I guess for some it's not that big a stretch to believe that maybe there are some people do try to make decisions based on what benefits 'their' group. Now excuse me, but a catholic male was just born, I have to go bury a gun in the church yard
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; June 25th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would put a fish symbol on my car if I could get 50% off on salmon nigiri. But only for that.

Here you go.
    MohandasKGanja and sputnik like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Thanks, Twitchy. Ironically, our 23rd wedding anniversary was last weekend, and to celebrate Mrs. Mohandas and I split a sashimi boat that was big enough to actually require life rafts.
    Flygirl likes this.

Sigh. My fish doesn't get me a discount.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I drove I'd want one of these:

SHELLEE likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information