Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Frank Gifford, Sportscaster and NFL Hall of Famer, Dies at 84

..could have been her next?... just being silly

and doesn't it figures a Kardashian can be mentioned? Frank was Kendall's godfather.

Great player and broadcaster. Another part of my childhood gone. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

She's an absolute hosebeast (I've dealt with her travel), but I wouldn't wish this one anyone and feel badly for her kids.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    How does knowing someone will probably die before you make it any less sad when it happens? That's ridiculous. Does knowing your parents will in all likelihood die before you make you love them any less?

Can't stand her but this sucks for her and their kids and I guess I just don't get why people get so hung up about age differences in relationships.

my dad was younger than my mom and dropped dead at 51 and they were together as long as these guys so really you never know.
    I know people in their 30s and 40s that have lost their spouses. Illness and accident can strike anyone, anywhere, anytime.
    firebrat1229 likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bronze Member

Twitter has been full of beautiful remembrances of him and also, genuinely loving wishes towards KL and his children. I found my eyes watering, just reading them. I know that KL has been the butt of many jokes. Also, I remember the controversy over the child labor, the affair, etc. But I always admired KL for owning up to her own mistakes, being herself, maintaining a career, keeping her children on a positive path, and giving back. They were a couple who clearly had loyal friends and a loving extended family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
    Bluebonnet and Angeli like this.

no one's going to mention that huge cheating scandal w/Frank and the flight attendant?
    Ok I will, just for good measure.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I always liked Frank. MNF hasn't been the same without him, and Don, and of course Howard
    ^^ I miss those days. I was just a little girl, watching football with my dad but those three were hilarious!
    Brookie likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

RIP, man.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

Frank Gifford’s will favors Kathie Lee, new family over first marriage

Giants legend and former “Monday Night Football” broadcaster Frank Gifford favored his wife, Kathie Lee, and their kids, Cody and Cassidy, in his will — leaving only a combined $2 million out of an estimated $10 million fortune to a daughter and two sons from a previous marriage.

The 17-page will, filed in Connecticut, gives his two homes, clothing, furniture, cars and the rest of his money to his “Today” host widow.

He carved out $500,000 each for both his daughter Victoria Gifford, 58, of Washington, DC, and son Jeffrey Gifford, 63, of Nevada. He also put $1 million in a trust fund for another son, Kyle Gifford, 60, of Connecticut.

The Hall of Famer had the three older children with his first wife and college sweetheart, Maxine Avis Ewart.

Kyle Gifford, who was seriously injured in a car accident, lives at the Greenwich home Kathie Lee shared with her husband. Frank gave Kathie Lee, as executor of his estate, “absolute discretion” to control payouts to Kyle.

The older Gifford kids get only slightly more than Frank left to a longtime household employee, as his kids with Kathie Lee were clearly favored in the will.

While Kathie Lee’s children with Gifford, son Cody, 25, and daughter Cassidy, 22, do not receive any outright gifts from their dad in his will, he directed that they were to inherit everything he had given their mom if she died before him.
    The will, filed in Greenwich Probate Court last week, indicates that Cody and Cassidy still live with Kathie Lee in the Connecticut home.

Even though Frank wrote his will in 2014, when Cody and Cassidy were already adults, he wanted them to continue living at home and be raised in the Christian faith. He and Kathie Lee had designated their former nanny, Christine Maria Gardner, as guardian should both parents die.

Gardner, who went on to work for Kathie Lee as a personal assistant, received a $300,000 bequest — on condition she has repaid any loans the Giffords made to her.

Frank died in August at age 84 of natural causes. Kathie Lee, 62, married the ex-football star in 1986. Court papers put his fortune at $10 million, although it is likely much larger, as his waterfront Connecticut home is worth around $22 million on the open market and he owned a second property in Key Largo’s ritzy Ocean Reef Club, where two-bedrooms go for $2.5 million. All of that is controlled by Kathie Lee.

Frank Gifford’s will favors Kathie Lee, new family over first marriage | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I mean why wouldn't his will favor Kathie Lee as she was his wife when he died. Maybe he felt his older kids wouldn't need as much money as they might not live as long as the younger ones.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Actually, I think the amounts he left his first set of kids is pretty cool. Great retirement nest eggs for all three.

I'm guessing his first set of children have already provided well for themselves.
    greysfang likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I was more shocked to read that Cody and Cassidy are in their twenties. I remember when Kathie Lee was pregnant with them and we had to listen to her blather endlessly about her perfect life. I feel frikkin' ancient right now.
    Witchywoman likes this.

I didn't realize he has a son older than Kathie Lee. I also remember when she was pregnant and when the kids were young, I only knew her from her appearances on Letterman since I didn't live in the US at that time. I never got exposed to the Regis Lee and Kathie Lee show(as Dave used to call it)

Elite Member

The will doesn't sound bad to me. It would make sense that the majority of the money would be left to his wife & the younger children. His other 'kids' are old enough to be well situated in life.
    The one from his previous marriage who is injured is, I guess, still living with KLG, who will continue to take care of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information