Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 738
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

  1. #121
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,734

    Default

    After reading the extradition treaty between the US and Italy I think the US can probably refuse to extradite her (I thought under Article 6 but I don't think it's that clear).

    I doubt she's returning to Italy. I do think their legal system is extremely flawed. If this happened in the US the government would be barred from retrying her after the stunts they pulled in her first trial.
    southernbelle likes this.

  2. #122
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    58,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    How many do-overs does Italy get?
    It's ridiculous at this point.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  3. #123
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yes but we had to send the lad who set up the "download it free from these sites" site (linking to the sites that were actually hosting the illegal downloads which his site wasn't), then there was the granddad who was extradited for questioning (not even a trial).... But it doesn't work the other way around.


    I get what you're saying Kari but it is very in-even-handed plus there is the difference not only in the legal system but also in the jails.
    1. Usually, people run from the US due to a potential death penalty trial. Whatever foreign countries the accused is in, demands the death penalty be taken off the table before accused is extradicted. I think ALL people who commit crimes should be tried where the crime happened. You don't want a trial in the US, don't fucking commit a crime here.
    2. I don't give much of a fuck, I think the bitch is guilty, so send her back.... the question would then be, what if she's found "not guilty" again? How many times do we do this? Until Italy gets it right? Even us dumb Americans don't do that!
    garysgirl1999 likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  4. #124
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    I don't think she's guilty and she's been tried and let go. Time for the Italian justice system to move on. I feel for the murdered girls parents because they will probably not see justice for their daughter.
    sluce likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  5. #125
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,081

    Default

    I think the stupid crazy bitch is guilty as sin but I don't agree with giving her a new trial. Italy fucked up and now they should just deal with it. It's unfortunate that the victim's parents have to deal with it too, plus any future victims Amanda might like to stab and kill just for the fun of it.

  6. #126
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    They failed to prove her guilt because they did a terrible job with the investigation. Now they want to save face. Enough is enough. Have they found, or created, new evidence?
    sputnik and lizzybabe like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  7. #127
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    39,139

    Default

    I don't think she's going back to Italy either. They'll probably convict her in absentia and her international travel will be over or extremely limited for the rest of her life, but I don't the U.S. will extradite her.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

  8. #128
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    58,145

    Default

    I doubt they'll even try her to be honest. I mean, they'd have to be really retarded to waste more resources on this. But then, this is Italy we're talking about so anything is possible.

    eta:just saw the news that they do want to retry her. Wow, they really are that retarded.
    Mel1973 and darksithbunny like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  9. #129
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,640

    Default

    I remember reading a post somewhere on this board from someone who happened upon this chick somewhere in public and described overhearing a conversation between her and another person. And that she came across as a really snotty/insufferable twat. Am I the only one who recalls this?

    If the evidence doesn't exist that she's guilty, that's that. There's nothing more that can be done so get over it. If she's got a defective personality and comes across as an entitled twat at times instead of being one of those sweety-cutesy-sweetheart girls that everyone loves...maybe that's why some people are in such a lather to condemn the broad for something. That and she's one of those 'slutty American women'. But you can't convict someone of a crime because they happen to be an insufferable twat. If that could happen, I'd blame Goop for whatever it would take to get rid of having to hear her blather for a long time.

    She's not bad looking. She's got a decent body and presentable enough. But I don't think she's that hot. Kind of plain, really. But that's subjective. Based on the pics here I think she's an ugly crier though. Any chick with a decent body and face is gonna get this. For ex, there are a ton of people who find Casey Anthony hot.
    lizzybabe likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #130
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They failed to prove her guilt because they did a terrible job with the investigation. Now they want to save face. Enough is enough. Have they found, or created, new evidence?
    Pretty much this. The police and forensic scientists screwed up the entire investigation including DNA, the bra clasp, the footprints, etc. and they are determined that they won't let some arrogant American beat them in the court of law. This is all about saving their own asses because of the piss poor job they did in the investigative stage.

    I have no idea whether she's guilty or not, but they just don't have enough to convict her. What are they going to do, bring in their DNA evidence, much of which was partially discredited by an independent investigation (the results of this investigation are why she was acquitted in the first place).

    Anyway, from what I heard, the retrial won't even get started until 2014. Then that might last several months to a year like her first trial did, then the high court has to go over the ruling in the second trial - it could be 2015 or 2016 before a final verdict is even reached.

    Italy is having severe economic problems right now, but I guess they found some extra money somewhere to keep retrying this case.

  11. #131
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    48,793

    Default

    They had plenty of evidence. They just couldn't get it marshelled or untainted but the evidence was there. I would think Meredith's parents are glad of the re-trial. It's much worse for them if Knox swans around the US promoting her book. Hopefully at least that won't happen now.

  12. #132
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I remember reading a post somewhere on this board from someone who happened upon this chick somewhere in public and described overhearing a conversation between her and another person. And that she came across as a really snotty/insufferable twat. Am I the only one who recalls this?
    That was me. Her personality does her no favors.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  13. #133
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    58,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    They had plenty of evidence. They just couldn't get it marshelled or untainted but the evidence was there. I would think Meredith's parents are glad of the re-trial. It's much worse for them if Knox swans around the US promoting her book. Hopefully at least that won't happen now.
    It makes no sense for Italy to keep re-trying them until they get the result they want. Yes, it sucks the girl was killed but there was a trial, there was an appeal, and the prosecution lost. Such is life. As for knox, is she guilty? maybe. who knows and no matter where you stand, no one can say with any certainty. so unless she goes to Italy, stands trial, is convicted and put in jail, she's a free person - you know, that whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing democratic societies abide by? - and can write as many books as she wants and 'swan' around promoting it. I get that a lot of people think she's guilty but unless she's proven to be by a court, I don't know why she would be expected to act like a convicted criminal which is what you seem to be implying in your posts.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  14. #134
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    48,793

    Default

    I accept that she's not convicted yet. A little (or a lot of) grace wouldn't go amiss.

  15. #135
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,291

    Default

    So if she is innocent she should go to Italy,get a retrial and prove her case once and for all.If she stays home and keeps cashing it,then i got the right to think she is a sick and cold little murdering bitch.right?
    rollo, Belt Up, Mel1973 and 1 others like this.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
  2. "Joe the Plumber" book deal details emerge
    By bychance in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •