Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

[QUOTE=SHELLEE;2822372]
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The old classic "To serve man"
    Only an alien would combine a wifebeater shirt with satin tap pants....

Yes he is not attractive. Maybe he is a really nice guy and provides her the love and support she needs after what she has been through.
    OrangeSlice and southernbelle like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ Yep, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time ...

MeredithKercherSister'sPainAtLearningOfHerMurder,CouldntStopThinkingAboutWhatSheMustHaveBeenThrough

8 3

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 @ 01:00AM print it send it
    WENN

By Radar Staff
    Five years after the brutal 2007 murder of British exchange student Meredith Kercher and the subsequent high profile trial of Amanda Knox that made international headlines, the victim’s sister is opening up about how she learned about the brutal killing.
    In an interview with Cosmopolitan,Stephanie Kercher relives the horrific day that she learned that her little sister had been murdered in one of the most covered crimes of the decade and spawned the high profile trials of Meredith’s roommate, Amanda Knox, Knox’s boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, and Rudy Guede – and RadarOnline.com has the details.
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox Heads Home
    The 29-year-old rehashes the painful way she learned that her 21-year-old sister, who was known to friends and family as Mez, was murdered.
    “One evening in November 2007, my mother rang, sounding worried, to tell me a British student had been killed in Perugia, where Meredith was studying. After a moment of panic, I scanned a news website – and was relieved to see the victim was 22 years old. ‘Meredith’s 21; it can’t be her,’ I reassured Mum,” Stephanie reveals, adding that she was just exchanging text messages with her sister about a Halloween party she had been invited to.
    “But just to be sure, I copied the link and emailed it to Mez before trying to call her.
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox Out And About In Seattle
    “When she didn’t answer, I sent her a text: ‘Be careful, and give me or Mum a call, because everyone’s worried. Love You.’ Then, I carried on with my evening, not realizing that Meredith would never read my message – or that our lives would never be the same again.”
    She found out from her father just three hours later that the girl who’d been found dead was in fact, her sister.
    “Feeling sick and shaking all over, I knew I couldn’t drive. So while I cried in the passenger seat, a friend gave me a lift home to Surrey, where Mum, Dad, John, and Lyle had gathered. Still not quite believing it, all I could do when I arrived was collapse in tears in my parents’ arms.”
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox In Court
    When she saw her sister on the news that evening, it was almost impossible for her fathom that it was a reality.
    “When Mez’s picture appeared on the TV screen, I thought at first it wasn’t her. But maybe I just didn’t want to believe it. She was in her Halloween outfit, with straight dark hair and red lipstick – taken at the party she’d been so excited about. My sister had been found in her bedroom, sexually assaulted and with 47 different wounds, including stab wounds to her throat. I couldn’t stop thinking about what she must have been through.”
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox Out With New Man
    She even admits that in the three days leading up to the family’s trip to Italy to identify the body, that she “held on to a glimmer of hope that a mistake had been made and it wasn’t her.”

DisturbingInsightIntoHarrowingNightmareAmandaKnoxEnduredRevealedInHerNewBook

33 38

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 @ 05:30PM print it send it

By Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter
    It is safe to say that Amanda Knox's upcoming memoir will not make for relaxing bedtime reading.
    The publishing deal was first announced in February and now anxiously awaited details have been revealed about the book that promises to offer a disturbing insight into the "harrowing nightmare" Knox endured during four years in an Italian prison for the alleged brutal stabbing of her roommate, Meredith Kercher, in November 2007.
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox Out And About In Seattle
    As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Knox, now 25, and ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were released last year when their sentences were overturned due to lack of evidence, after which she immediately returned to her family in Seattle, Washington where she has since kept a low profile.
    The woman dubbed Foxy Knoxy is now ready to tell her story in Waiting To Be Heard, which is scheduled to hit book shelves on April 30, two months later than originally planned out of deference to a court in Italy that scheduled a March 25 hearing for the prosecution's appeal of the former exchange student's acquittal.
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox Out With New Man
    Amanda, who can be seen demure and unsmiling on the cover, was reportedly paid $4 million for telling her Kafkaesque tale of the Italian justice system.
    As previously reported, Sollecito released his own book, Honor Bound: My Journey to Hell and Back with Amanda Knox, earlier this year.
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox Heads Home
    The victim's family has also been heard from this week, with Meredith's sister, Stephanie Kercher, opening up to Cosmopolitan magazine about the horrific day that she learned her 21-year-old sister had been murdered in one of the most internationally covered crimes of the decade.
    "One evening in November 2007, my mother rang, sounding worried, to tell me a British student had been killed in Perugia, where Meredith was studying. After a moment of panic, I scanned a news website – and was relieved to see the victim was 22 years old. 'Meredith's 21; it can't be her,' I reassured Mum," Stephanie revealed, adding that she was just exchanging text messages with her sister about a Halloween party she had been invited to.
    PHOTOS: Amanda Knox In Court
    The British woman found out from her father just three hours later that the girl who'd been found dead was in fact, her sister, but admitted that in the three days leading up to the family’s trip to Italy to identify the body, that she "held on to a glimmer of hope that a mistake had been made and it wasn't her."

Good to know that Meredith's family are speaking out to counteract this despicable book.

Like a Horror Movie Franchise, the Amanda Knox Legal Saga Might Get an Over-the-Top Third Installment

With the long-anticipated release of her book less than a month away, a new postcript has been tacked onto Amanda Knox's Italian saga. Italy's Supreme Court plans to rule on whether prosecutors will have another chance to try her for the 2007 murder of her roommate at the University for Foreigners in Perugia, a British student named Meredith Kercher.

You'll remember that Knox and her Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were convicted of Kercher's murder during their first trial in 2009. Knox appealed the decision, which, in the Italian justice system, meant that she got essentially a whole new trial, with new witnesses, testimony, etc. She was acquitted of Kercher's murder in 2011, and subsequently returned home to a quiet life of book deals and University of Washington classes in her hometown of Seattle.

However, as CBS legal eagle and Crest whitestrips model Jack Ford exuberantly explained to Charlie Rose and Gayle King this morning in a segment that might have been called "The Italian Legal System for Ignorant American Stupids," double jeopardy isn't really a thing in the Italian courts. In the U.S., Knox's 2011 acquittal would mean game over, but prosecutors think their 2009 conviction should stand, and have asked the Italian Supreme Court to give them a third go-round. If the acquittal is overturned, Knox's case will return to appellate court.

CNN's report seems to insinuate that Knox, in case her acquittal is overturned, might have to return to Italy. If she refuses to go voluntarily, Italy could appeal to the U.S. for extradition, but Ford seemed to think that extradition was a only very remote possibility.

Italian Supreme Court to rule whether Amanda Knox should be retried [CNN]

Like a Horror Movie Franchise, the Amanda Knox Legal Saga Might Get an Over-the-Top Third Installment

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I really don't think the US will extradite her.

I'd hope not. The Italian legal system seems fucking nuts.
    southernbelle and Butterfly like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Hit By Ban Bus!

[QUOTE=Karistiona;2951946]I'd hope not. The Italian legal system seems fucking nuts.[/QUOTE)

Just as bad as the Canadian legal system.

No. The rest of the world seems to have to bend to the US extradition rules but they give a big F U to getting Anericans to go back to countries to stand trial.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

I dunno, didn't we manage to keep that guy who hacked into the pentagon looking for aliens here despite the American govt trying desperately for years to extradite him?

Personally I don't think I'd release one of my citizens (from Kari-land, obvs) to another country for a third trial, for me that seems excessively cruel
    Butterfly likes this.

Yes but we had to send the lad who set up the "download it free from these sites" site (linking to the sites that were actually hosting the illegal downloads which his site wasn't), then there was the granddad who was extradited for questioning (not even a trial).... But it doesn't work the other way around.

I get what you're saying Kari but it is very in-even-handed plus there is the difference not only in the legal system but also in the jails.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, I suppose I just hope that things might be evening up a little bit now that the war criminals Bush and Blair aren't in power anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    No. The rest of the world seems to have to bend to the US extradition rules but they give a big F U to getting Anericans to go back to countries to stand trial.
    Not that I actually know any facts, but I've always had the opposite perception from all the real crime shows on TV.

How many do-overs does Italy get?
    SHELLEE and Butterfly like this.

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information