Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think I was on record in the other Amanda Knox thread as saying that I thought she was guilty. However, after re-reading information about the case, I think that the person who did this was Rudy Guede only, and not Knox or Sollecito.

1. Guede's DNA was found inside and on Kercher's body. And on her bra, her shirt, and her handbag. He also left a bloody palmprint (Kercher's blood) on Kercher's pillow. Palmprint matched to Guede also.

2. Kercher's and Sollecito's DNA was not found on any of these places. I have heard that people/police thought that Kercher and Sollecito had cleaned up the crime scene to remove evidence of their involvement. But it would seem to be a very tricky thing for two amateurs to remove it in such a way that only Guede's biological evidence is left behind.

3. Guede had a history of criminal acts, such as breakins. Even being found with a knife in his possession after one breakin. As far as I can tell Knox and Sollecito had no criminal history.

4. Guede had a story about how he was in the bathroom when Kercher was killed, but he couldn't explain why his bloody handprint would be on the pillow underneath her body. He also said he had left her fully dressed when he had not. He also claimed to not have had sex with her except that his DNA was inside her body.

5. Guede had originally said Knox was not in the apartment at the time of the murder. Only on his appeal, did he state that there had been an argument between the two and that he had glanced out a window to see her leaving the apartment. The fact that he had already been caught lying about the physical circumstances of the crime scene would make claims about Knox pretty dubious.

6. The supposed knife that Kercher was claimed to have used was found in Sollecito's apartment and had trace amounts of her DNA on it. However, there was no blood on the blade (or evidence of Kercher's DNA). The knife also appears to have been substantially too small to make the wounds that were found on Kercher. Moreover, an independent panel of experts found that the police had not followed international for the collection of DNA samples. They also found the police had failed to follow proper evidence collection procedures 54 times.

In summary, what I'm saying is that I don't see any physical evidence implicating Knox/Sollecito in the sexual assault and murder. The overwhelming evidence points to Guede, who has already been convicted and sentenced and had his appeal rejected. The Italian court did reduce Guede's sentence by 14 years. He will probably get out in 2016, just four years from now.

So you're just completely discounting this statement?

"In fact, the prosecution had presented compelling evidence that Knox’s footprints, mixed with Meredith’s blood, had been found in the hallway outside Meredith’s room. And her footprint had been found in the room of Italian housemate Filomena Romanelli, where the prosecution had said a burglary had been staged. Kelly also seemed to be oblivious to the fact that Knox’s DNA had been found mixed with Meredith’s in three separate locations in the bathroom."

Plus they NEVER gave a provable alibi and they tried a number of times...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Lying, changing alibis, pointing the finger at others..they may as well have fled in a white Bronco.

Thats funny coming from a conspiracy theorist.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't know why it would be funny. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and Knox is a murdering cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

"In fact, the prosecution had presented compelling evidence that Knox’s footprints, mixed with Meredith’s blood, had been found in the hallway outside Meredith’s room. And her footprint had been found in the room of Italian housemate Filomena Romanelli, where the prosecution had said a burglary had been staged. Kelly also seemed to be oblivious to the fact that Knox’s DNA had been found mixed with Meredith’s in three separate locations in the bathroom."

I'm sorry I didn't mention them earlier, Novice. I was trying to not write something too long.

With regard to the luminol, the defense said that luminol also reacts with bleach, which resulted in the possibility that Knox and Sollecito's footprints could have been tracking through cleaning fluid instead of blood. I also saw that the flatmates who usually did the cleaning said that they didn't use bleach cleaner, which discounts the defense's "maybe it was bleach" claim. However, investigators also used a tetramethylbenzidine test (in addition to luminol) for the presence of blood and that one came out negative. I know that the judge rejected the second test but have not been able to find out why.

With regard to the alibis, it does appear that they were inconsistent. However, it also looks like their initial interviews were largely unrecorded, were aggressive and accusatory, and went on at length. Under those kinds of circumstances, people will say all kinds of things. Moreover, to puncture Sollecito/Know's alibi about where they were on the night of the murders, prosecutors used a homeless heroin addict who had previously testified in a number of murder trials. When he was cross examined, it appears that his statements about seeing Knox and Sollecito together fell apart.

From what I can see, the police mishandled the evidence and interrogation every step of the way and railroaded Knox and Sollecito in their initial trials. And that seems to have been the finding of the Italian appeal court when reviewing the case. However, the evidence against Guede, because it was very blatant and obvious - fingerprints, blood, DNA -- held up completely during his appeal. The evidence only points to Guede.

yeah i've never really bought the italian prosecution's story either. and the evidence never convinced me anyone other than guede was involved.
    also, what motive would they have had? and did they even know guede? why would they decide to kill a girl with him? and at this point, knox and sollecito had only known each other a week.

as for the media focusing on the suspects rather than the victim, i think that's normal. the trial is about finding out if they did it, they're the ones actually there. what is there really to say about the victim? whether it's detective stories, documentaries about serial killers, murder mysteries... the focus is always on the investigators and the killers/suspects, not on the victims. and that's just human nature. that's where the story is.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    The stuff about the parents could be the next best option like the OJ conviction
    how can putting people who weren't involved in the original crime at all be 'the next best option'? is it so important that someone be punished for a crime that, when all else fails, 2 totally unrelated people will do the trick, kust to give people some sense of satisfaction or misguided sense of 'justice'? i just don't get that logic.
    and it's got nothing to do with oj since, in his case, it was the same person but a different crime many years later. going after the parents is like having gone after oj's cousin after oj was acquitted, and accusing him of something slightly different but related. it's retarded.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 22nd, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It figures. A book, reality show, or photo spread some where. That's how it goes now days.
    I didn't pay attention to this story, nor am I interested. I only knew she was accused of murder in Italy. I think she should just sit back and enjoy life, instead of cashing in on her story.
    I just wanted to comment, that's all.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

The bloody footprints have been disproved.

Amanda Knox: “Bloody footprints” tested negative for blood | Let's Talk About True Crime - seattlepi.com

Yet investigators had tested the luminol footprints for blood and found them lacking, a truth carefully hidden from December 17, 2007 (when they were collected) until September 2009, when defense expert Sarah Gino outed the negative test during the trial that led to Knox and Sollecito’s conviction. Even now “bloody footprints” are the Knox case’s most persistent urban legend.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    It figures. A book, reality show, or photo spread some where. That's how it goes now days.
    I didn't pay attention to this story, nor am I interested. I only knew she was accused of murder in Italy. I think she should just sit back and enjoy life, instead of cashing in on her story.
    I just wanted to comment, that's all.
    There are obviously enough people who want to read her story and that is why she was offered a deal. Plus she is now stuck with a ton of legal bills and the process just about put her family into bankruptcy. Now she can repay her family, pay her attornies and have a nicer start in life. It would be crazy to think anyone would hire her right now too.
    Lenny likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The fact that there were instances of "Amanda's DNA mixed with Meredith's" in a bathroom that they SHARED means nothing. Of course there were. That could refer to saliva mixed in the sink or a number of other things that are very commonplace among roommates who share a bathroom. It's also laughable that they're using the fact that Amanda's footprint was in a room in the house that she lived in as "evidence." When I lived with two other girls, I was in their rooms all the time, and one other girl and I shared a bathroom where our DNA would inevitably have mixed in places. Thank God neither of them ended up dead or by this logic I'd be in prison right now.

It's unfortunate that the Kerchers don't want to believe that Amanda wasn't involved, but the evidence that she was simply doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    47 stabs wounds and bruises are unlikely to have been made by one person and there are easier ways of subduing someone if only one person is involved.

There was plenty of evidence about bleach and scrubbing the place clean, going early to a laundromat and Sollecito's knife collection. I don't really want to rehearse it all here but the prosecution failed rather than these poor hapless creatures were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    You really believe that one person can't do that damage? It has happened many, many times with many more stab wounds.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Oh Knox had all sorts of stories like she was blocking her ears to shut out the screams of the dying girl. She was involved all right. The question is whether she was one of the killers and maybe the appeal will settle that if it goes ahead.
    Belt Up and garysgirl1999 like this.

I really don't believe she was involved in the crime itself. If anything, I think she may have walked in on the aftermath and panicked out of fear that she would be implicated. It's strange that she lied about certain things, like where she was or the involvement of her boss at the bar, but I think most people might do things they normally would not, or become desperate or frantic if they realized they were being railroaded in a murder trial in a foreign country. Especially if the allegations of police abuse during questioning are true. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was told that she better come up with someone else who could have committed this crime or she would spend the rest of her life in jail. It happens all the time.

"Who else could have done this? It had to be someone she knew."
    "I don't know... maybe Patrick?"
    "OK, so you're saying Patrick could have done this... and what exactly would have happened... Oh, you don't want to tell us what he did? We know he did it. You need to tell us what could have happened or you WILL spend the rest of your life in prison for this murder. You're the only other suspect."

Elite Member

Thanks Mohandas for the great summary. I don't think Knox is guilty...and it has nothing to do with any sort of national defensiveness. There was a long article in the New Yorker about the Italian prosecutor. The guy is a religious nut who sees the Living Satan behind every crime. He's being tried for misconduct for his blatant mishandling of cases now, not only this one. After reading about him, and the conditions of Italian interrogations, I started thinking that Knox was trapped in a very bad judicial system.
    sluce likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Thanks Mohandas for the great summary. I don't think Knox is guilty...and it has nothing to do with any sort of national defensiveness. There was a long article in the New Yorker about the Italian prosecutor. The guy is a religious nut who sees the Living Satan behind every crime. He's being tried for misconduct for his blatant mishandling of cases now, not only this one. After reading about him, and the conditions of Italian interrogations, I started thinking that Knox was trapped in a very bad judicial system.
    If he's a religious nut it stands to reason that he may also be a socially conservative nut with a powerful antipathy towards attractive, sexually active young chicks, especially "slutty" American ones. Those two attitudes go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

And, as...well...most people will happily tell you, cops can be just as brutal, irrational and generally shitty, corrupt and hateful as anybody. If not more so. Sounds like this guy is a seriously bad cop.

Not to mention, there are numerous accounts and studies which amply demonstrate how the pressure of a lengthy, abusive, mindfucking interrogation can induce almost anybody to confess to almost anything.

Creepy anecdote to include here, but I once dated--briefly!!!--a crazy Vietnam vet and retired cop (yes, I am a glutton for punishment.) We had amazing chemistry, but I dumped him with the speed of greased lightning within seconds of getting past the initial "hormonal infatuation" period.

Once my head cleared a wee bit, you see, I became suddenly aware of ALL the incredible head trips he had been putting on me. He never hit me or threatened me at all, he was a funny, disarming guy on the face of it. But EVERY fucking word out of his mouth was either a lie or a manipulation, or both. It was uh-ma-zing, and embarrassing because some of his techniques were so obvious to me in hindsight...so embarrassing, in fact, that I'd rather not elaborate. Let's just say, some of it was so specific I could show you passages in books about police interrogation techniques with exact examples.

He practically had me believing the sky was the earth and the earth was the sky for a few weeks there, and I assure you, NOTHING about it was benevolent. He was an utterly self-serving, paranoid, delusional man who had ZERO willingness to relate to a woman (or anyone, probably) with honesty and decency. He didn't have enough trust to even try; he preferred total mind control.

But the thing is, he learned all those techniques from investigating and interrogating suspects for thirty years, and man, he fucking learned them well!! I am a smart woman AND even back then I knew a fair bit about police work, law, criminal justice and such--but it took me way too long to catch on. Had I been a twenty something kid, he probably could've gotten me to do or say anything. In an adversarial situation, with him intent on making me take the fall for something, I would've been a rabbit in a wolf's jaws.

Just sayin'. If you've never met a cop like that firsthand, you might not be able to conceptualize how this shit works, but Amanda Knox may well be innocent--no matter what she "confessed" to those corrupt investigators after they'd been beating on her psychologically and emotionally for hours, using every well-practiced technique at their disposal.
    Hostage likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information