Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

Oi, I'm british and I don't think she did it! *pokes Sput*

eta: omfg I've just spent ages trying to edit this. I did used to - full disclosure. Then I read more about the case.

Don't tell me im now cursed with the board being shit
    sputnik likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Glad this is over for her. This case was all kinds of fucked up from the beginning.

I'm even gladder that that I live in a country that respects Due Process and the right to a fair trial.
    fuzuoko, sluce and olivia like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

fgg

Amanda Knox Murder Conviction Was Thrown out Because of 'Glaring Errors' and 'Contradictions' in Prosecution's Case: Court

Italy's top criminal court revealed on Monday that it overturned Amanda Knox's murder conviction earlier this year because of "glaring errors" in the prosecution's case.

It's the latest twist in the long saga. Knox and her then-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were first convicted of the 2007 murder of Knox's roommate, British exchange student Meredith Kercher, in 2009. She was found dead in a pool of blood in the girls' shared apartment, with as many as 40 stab wounds to her body.

But the murder convictions were overturned in 2011. Italy's highest court, the Court of Cassation, then ordered a new trial for the pair after determining that the acquittal was full of "deficiencies, contradictions and illogical" conclusions. In that time, Knox fled Italy for Seattle, where she vowed to remain even if a second trial found her guilty again.

Knox and Sollecito ultimately ended up being convicted again in 2014. However, that conviction was overturned in March. The same court that had ordered the new trial criticized police and prosecutors for "stunning weakness" and "investigative bouts of amnesia," according to the decision made public on Monday.

"There was no shortage of glaring errors in the underlying fabric of the sentence in question," the court wrote, NBC News reports.

In a statement posted to her website on Monday afternoon, Knox, now 28, wrote that she was grateful the court was forced to declare her innocence.

"This has been a long struggle for me, my family, my friends, and my supporters. While I am glad it is now over, I will remain forever grateful to the many individuals who gave their time and talents to help me," she wrote.

"Today would not have been possible without your unwavering support. I will now begin the rest of my life with one of my goals being to help others who have been wrongfully accused."

Italian Court Threw Out Amanda Knox Murder Conviction Due to Glaring Errors : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Maybe now kercher's family will obsessively go after the idiotic prosecutors and cops instead of acting like they were there and actually know what the fuck happened and saw Knox kill Meredith.
    olivia and mostlylurking like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yup! I feel bad for her family; but damn Knox is so damn unlike able. I'm still surprised her roommate didn't murder her, just sitting near her in a restaurant made me feel stabby.

new theory - Knox did it in self defense, lol.
    HWBL, Belt Up, Novice and 1 others like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Whatever, she's guilty of at least not telling what she knows. I tend to think she was in on it, but if it can't be proven, so be it.
    HWBL, Belt Up, rollo and 1 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

‘Stunning weakness,’ ‘glaring errors’ cited in Amanda Knox acquittal

by Tim Stelloh and M. Alex Johnson

Amanda Knox 'grateful' to Italy's high court for explaining its ruling

Italy's top criminal court said Monday that it threw out the murder convictions of American student Amanda Knox and her former Italian boyfriend earlier this year because of "glaring errors" and a hit-and-miss hunt for a scapegoat to satisfy public opinion.
    The stunning ruling in March — which wasn't explained until Monday's filing was published — marked one more twist in a years-long saga that boomeranged through the Italian criminal justice system, captivated two countries and left Knox and her ex-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, to serve four years in jail.
    At the center of the case was the brutal 2007 killing of Knox's 21-year-old roommate, Meredith Kercher.
    Knox and Sollecito were arrested after Kercher was found dead in a pool of blood in the apartment the two women shared in the university town of Perugia, with as many as 40 knife wounds over her half-naked body.
    Prosecutors argued that Kercher was killed as part of a sex game. Knox and Sollecito said they were alone together on the night in question, watching a movie, smoking pot and having sex, but they were convicted of the killing two years later.

In 2011, the convictions were overturned. Knox fled Italy for her hometown, Seattle, where she remained during a second trial and where she promised she would stay — even if she was convicted again.
    "I will not willingly submit myself to injustice," she told TODAY in an interview last year.
    In March, a conviction was once again overturned.
    The latest decision, from the Court of Cassation, Italy's equivalent of the Supreme Court, slammed police and prosecutors for "stunning weakness" and "investigative bouts of amnesia."
    Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in Rome in 2014. Filippo Monteforte / Tiziana Fab / AFP — Getty Images
    Because no biological evidence from Knox or Sollecito was found at the house in Perugia where Kercher was murdered, the 52-page opinion said, their "participation" in the killing should have been "excluded."
    "There was no shortage of glaring errors in the underlying fabric of the sentence in question," the court wrote.
    The alleged murder weapon, a kitchen knife found at Sollecito's house, was kept in a cardboard box — "the kind that gadgets are wrapped up in for Christmas" — and a bra clasp said to have carried DNA evidence was left on the floor for 46 days.
    The third person accused in the murder, Ivory Coast-born Rudy Guede, who is serving a 16-year sentence after opting for a fast-track trial, left "copious" biological traces at the scene, the court said.
    Avid media attention and the nationalities of the people involved led to "a spasmodic search for one or more guilty parties to offer up to international public opinion," the court concluded, which "certainly did not aid the search for the truth."
    Further prosecution is barred under Italian law.

In a statement posted on her website Monday afternoon, Knox said that she was "grateful" that the court "forcefully declared my innocence."
    "This has been a long struggle for me, my family, my friends, and my supporters. While I am glad it is now over, I will remain forever grateful to the many individuals who gave their time and talents to help me," she wrote.
    "Today would not have been possible without your unwavering support. I will now begin the rest of my life with one of my goals being to help others who have been wrongfully accused."
    Sollecito told the Italian news agency ANSA: "It is clear, it is definite, that I was the victim of a gross miscarriage of justice that will remain in history."
    Sollecito's attorneys have said they are working on a claim for wrongful imprisonment.
    Luca Maori, one of his attorneys, called Monday's explanation "no-nonsense" and "clear."
    "All of our arguments have been accepted," Maori told ANSA. "In a few no-nonsense pages, the Supreme Court has clarified the whole affair: For Sollecito and Knox, there are no clues or evidence."

'Stunning Weakness,' 'Glaring Errors' Cited in Amanda Knox Acquittal - NBC News

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Maybe now kercher's family will obsessively go after the idiotic prosecutors and cops instead of acting like they were there and actually know what the fuck happened and saw Knox kill Meredith.
    Actually, there was a brief quote from a family member. I lost the link. I think they said they were relieved and that it would be good not to hear Meredith's name mentioned any more in regard to this murder case.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Actually, there was a brief quote from a family member. I lost the link. I think they said they were relieved and that it would be good not to hear Meredith's name mentioned any more in regard to this murder case.
    I though that they had said repeatedly that they didnot want anyone to be wrongfully convicted (or similar) and if Knox didnt do it - who did?
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Whatever, she's guilty of at least not telling what she knows. I tend to think she was in on it, but if it can't be proven, so be it.
    Agreed. And there was all the (weird) mobile/cell phobe & internet evidence (or lack of) that never seemed to be resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Yup! I feel bad for her family; but damn Knox is so damn unlike able. I'm still surprised her roommate didn't murder her, just sitting near her in a restaurant made me feel stabby.

new theory - Knox did it in self defense, lol.
    Fortunately being unlikeable isnt a hanging offence.
    Kittylady, olivia and twitchy2.0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I though that they had said repeatedly that they didnot want anyone to be wrongfully convicted (or similar) and if Knox didnt do it - who did?
    I think the toughest part was that Mignini probably led the Kercher family, very early on, to believe that Guede committed the crimes in collusion with Knox and Sollecito. That was so early in the investigation that it was probably very difficult for the Kercher's NOT to accept that they weren't involved. But Mignini is a guy who already had already fabricated the lurid, fantastical (and false) Monster of Florence case. So, the Kerchers were at the mercy of a lead investigator who was off his rocker.
    olivia, fuzuoko and mostlylurking like this.

^^^^
    how that dude even still has a job is beyond me. only in italy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think the toughest part was that Mignini probably led the Kercher family, very early on, to believe that Guede committed the crimes in collusion with Knox and Sollecito. That was so early in the investigation that it was probably very difficult for the Kercher's NOT to accept that they weren't involved. But Mignini is a guy who already had already fabricated the lurid, fantastical (and false) Monster of Florence case. So, the Kerchers were at the mercy of a lead investigator who was off his rocker.
    Of course they were, as would any party that had a loved o ne killed.

I also think that the confession is suspect too, given the pressure applied and the fact that hes a black man sith no o e to vouch for him
    The wbole situation gives me the heebeegeebies. I am totally convinced that Knox knows something & in time will publish her equivilent of "If I Did It".
    nana51 likes this.

^ If she publishes that, then she did it! Didn't she already publish a book and start shilling it while her case was still under appeal? Ah yes, there was the pink sweater tour. It's obvious what I think but even so, she is shameless.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Here's the murder victim who lived with Amanda Knox:

Her name was Meredith Kercher
    I thought that this bore repeating.
    rollo, Annika, Belt Up and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Of course they were, as would any party that had a loved o ne killed.

I also think that the confession is suspect too, given the pressure applied and the fact that hes a black man sith no o e to vouch for him
    but all this evidence was attributable to him at the scene:

• a palm print in blood found on the pillow case in Meredith's room;
    • a genetic profile, from the Y haplotype on the vaginal swab, in which no traces of semen were found;
    • Guede's DNA was found in four other places: on the toilet paper in the bathroom where unflushed feces were found; on the bag found on the bed; on the cuff of a blue sweatshirt found near the body; and on the right side of Meredith's bra;
    • a shoeprint made by the same Nike brand as that worn by Guede;
    • shoeprints in blood, consistent with his foot size left Meredith's bedroom, and went down the hall to the front door.
    mostlylurking likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Thread Information