Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

Hit By Ban Bus!

So are we now to believe that Knox murdered Kercher with Guede but that Sollecito had nothing to do with it?

No.
    kcoh, sluce, snoopqueen and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kcoh View Post
    So are we now to believe that Knox murdered Kercher with Guede but that Sollecito had nothing to do with it?
    That is the story that Sollecito will need to tell if he buckles and implicates Amanda. Does he want to tell a story that implicates both of them? I doubt it because I don't see him getting a deal that will spare him from a lot of prison time. That would leave him with situation of testifying to an account that conforms with the physical evidence, but leaves him off the hook and Amanda on it. That would be pretty difficult to pull of since a lot of the prosecution's case involves both Sollecito and Knox giving contradictory evidence about there whereabouts and whenabouts.

Would he testify to some kind of story that implicates both of them in her murder? He would go to prison, and also be whatever Italy's equivalent of a felon would be when he got out.

Either way, how does he testify to an account where he is somehow complicity but also somehow managed to leave Guede's DNA in, on, and under Kercher? And how would he explain why Guede never buckled and implicated them in the crime when he was first captured?
    kcoh likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That is the story that Sollecito will need to tell if he buckles and implicates Amanda. Does he want to tell a story that implicates both of them? I doubt it because I don't see him getting a deal that will spare him from a lot of prison time. That would leave him with situation of testifying to an account that conforms with the physical evidence, but leaves him off the hook and Amanda on it. That would be pretty difficult to pull of since a lot of the prosecution's case involves both Sollecito and Knox giving contradictory evidence about there whereabouts and whenabouts.

Would he testify to some kind of story that implicates both of them in her murder? He would go to prison, and also be whatever Italy's equivalent of a felon would be when he got out.

Either way, how does he testify to an account where he is somehow complicity but also somehow managed to leave Guede's DNA in, on, and under Kercher? And how would he explain why Guede never buckled and implicated them in the crime when he was first captured?
    I feel like he would have to lie in order to implicate Knox but not himself.
    snoopqueen likes this.

Has Sollecito INCRIMINATED Amanda Knox over the death of Meredith Kercher? He changes his story to deny his ex-lover was with him on the night British girl was killed

• Sollecito and Knox reconvicted of Meredith Kercher's murder in January
    • Amanda Knox's defence rests heavily on Raffaele Sollecito being her alibi
    • She claims that on the night Kercher was killed, she was at his flat
    • Sollecito has now said that there are 'anomalies' in Knox's story

By HANNAH ROBERTS IN ROME
    PUBLISHED: 13:21, 1 July 2014 | UPDATED: 16:59, 1 July 2014

Amanda Knox can no longer rely on Raffaele Sollecito being her alibi in the Meredith Kercher murder case, with Sollecito now denying she was with him the whole of the night on which the British student was brutally murdered.
    This change in his defence could potentially incriminate Knox.
    Sollecito and Knox were originally sentenced to 25 and 28 years in prison, respectively, for the murder of Kercher in Perugia and served four years before being released in 2011.
    Scroll down for video

Italian Raffaele Sollecito, convicted with former lover Amanda Knox of the grizzly murder of British student Meredith Kercher, arrives with his lawyer Giulia Bongiorno (left) for a press conference on July 1, in Rome

Change of defense: Sollecito now denies that Amanda Knox was with him for the entire night on which Meredith Kercher was murdered in 2007

Mismatching points of view: It is not the first time Sollecito has expressed doubts about the holes in Knox’s story

On January 30, an Italian appeals court reconvicted the pair of murdering former roommate Kercher - a ruling the pair are again appealing.

Knox and Sollecito have always maintained that they were together the evening of the brutal 2007 murder in Perugia, after which Miss Kercher, 21, was found half naked her throat slit in the cottage she shared with Knox.
    But Sollecito's lawyer Giulia Bongiorno said that 'for the entire first part of the evening, they were not together. It’s this first part of the evening that’s new [to his defence]'.
    Sollecito has pointed to phone records that show that Knox was away from his house for part of the evening.
    In a dramatic change of legal tactics that he announced in a press conference in Rome he has now claimed there are ‘anomalies’ in Knox’s story.

Raffaele Sollecito says he was 'at his house' on night of murder

Determined: Knox, a University of Washington student, has been in the United States since 2011 and has vowed the she would never 'willingly' return to Italy to face her fate in court

Brutal: Meredith Kercher was stabbed to death in 2007

Knox says that she received a text, while at Sollecito’s house, from her boss, telling her not to come to her job at a nightclub that night.
    But phone records show that the text was received on the road between their houses, something that their retrial judges felt was key in their reconstruction of events. Sollecito's phone and computer records show that he was at home that evening.
    Sollecito said: ‘I have always believed in the innocence of Amanda. But I have to react to the accusations of the court and to the text message.
    ‘Either the court has made their umpteenth mistake or she lied to me.’
    He added: ‘I was in love with her and we had some very happy moments, but ultimately Amanda was a stranger.'
    'There are anomalies in her version of events. Against me there is nothing.'
    The 'fundamental basis' for the conviction is Knox’s memo to police in which she says she was at the cottage when the murder took place, he said.
    ‘I believe this was a hallucination, but if the court believes it is true then they have to accept that she did not say I was there. She gave me an alibi. ‘
    It is not the first time Sollecito has expressed his doubts about the holes in Knox’s story.
    In an interview with Italian television earlier this year, he said Knox had spent the night with him but went back to her place to shower, he said. When she returned, she was 'very agitated,' he said.
    She told him that it looked like someone had broken in and that there was blood in the bathroom, Sollecito said. But rather than call the police, she showered and returned to his place something he finds odd. ‘Certainly I asked her questions,' he said. 'Why did you take a shower? Why did she spend so much time there?'
    He didn't get any real answers from her, he said.
    Knox, a University of Washington student, has been in the United States since 2011. She left Italy right after an earlier appeals court ruling overturned the initial lower court conviction that had led to her imprisonment in Italy. The American, 28, has vowed the she would never 'willingly' return to Italy to face her fate in court.
    She has said she is hopeful Italian courts will 'once again recognize' her innocence.

Read more: Has Raffaele Sollecito INCRIMINATED Amanda Knox? | Mail Online

snoopqueen likes this.

So now his defense is gonna be blame Amanda.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This guy is now fighting for his freedom so whatever he says at this point is suspect, with good reason.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Totally suspect.

Pretending the courts believe this or if they knew this already but could never prove without this admission....couldn't they charge him for obstruction of justice/lying on the stand/lying and fucking up the previous cases?

Quote Originally Posted by CL** View Post
    Totally suspect.

Pretending the courts believe this or if they knew this already but could never prove without this admission....couldn't they charge him for obstruction of justice/lying on the stand/lying and fucking up the previous cases?
    I guess the question is did he originally state that he saw Amanda the entire time and that she wasn't out of his sight? And now, he is saying, "No wait. There was this period where she went back to take a shower and I don't know what was going on then." In the United States, I think that would tantamount to admitting he committed perjury during his previous testimony.
    CL** likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

He and Amanda look related.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

If he can do that, then she should be able to go back and say the guy who really did it did it.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I guess the question is did he originally state that he saw Amanda the entire time and that she wasn't out of his sight? And now, he is saying, "No wait. There was this period where she went back to take a shower and I don't know what was going on then." In the United States, I think that would tantamount to admitting he committed perjury during his previous testimony.
    I think the shower was in the morning and has always been a part of their testimony.

What's new is his saying that at some point during the night she may have left. He isn't really saying he knows she left only that the court claims phone records indicate she left. He also says this may be the court's "umpteenth" mistake.

so he's saying nothing. Neither accusing nor defending her. I tell you what, if I were fighting for my life and knew she did something, anything, I'd sing like canary. This vagary is just a lame attempt to cast doubt on his own guilt but he's got nothing on her or else he'd get to it and offer it up.
    fuzuoko and Belt Up like this.

This whole story is sad and fucked up. I have a feeling that we may never know the full, true story of what really happened. It's sad because so many lives have been ruined and a poor girl lost her life.

the italians need to cut their losses and just stop it. they fucked this case up so much and it's too late to give anyone a fair trial at this point so they should just admit it and let it go.
    plus, rudy guede is in jail - and he's the only suspect for which there is actual forensic evidence that ties him to the scene of the crime. there's nothing concrete on knox and sollecito.
    sluce, Trixie, gas_chick and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Putting the squeeze on Sollecito looks like it could backfire for the prosecution. Clearly, based on the latest pre-trial motions, he's not going to confess to anything. It looks like he is going to distance himself from Amanda and create some doubt. I'm not sure if the timeline that they have, though, would correlate to Guede and Knox being together with Kercher, killing her, cleaning up, and then Knox getting back to Sollecito.

Thread Information