Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 738
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

  1. #616
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,291

    Default

    no bacon,no party!
    sluce and Kittylady like this.

  2. #617
    Elite Member levitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the sin bin
    Posts
    15,342

    Default

    Potato vodka is good.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

  3. #618
    Elite Member Flygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Didn't the Seahawks just win the Super Bowl?
    Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    See signature.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang?
    Just Kill Me likes this.

  4. #619
    Elite Member levitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the sin bin
    Posts
    15,342

    Default

    Well that's also a truth I live by, but no, lovely Broncos horsey!
    Flygirl likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

  5. #620
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,721

    Default

    And topped with bacon shavings.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  6. #621
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where God said "Goodnight"
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    trust me, i've been in italy enough and know enough italians to know that italy is a fucking disaster and their justice system is pretty much a joke, especially for a country that's an EU member. the levels of ineptitude and corruption are well known.
    I beg your pardon, but I have to disagree. I am not Italian, American or British, so I don't have e preference in this case. However, I Know a lot about the Italian justice system and Italy in general, and while they are not perfect by any stretch of imagination, neither are they corrupted. I admit this case was very poorly handled, but there is absolutely no reason why Italians would want to frame anyone. I think they know she and Rafaelle did it, they have proof, but there were mistakes handling the case, so now they made a mess of it. I think Knox is weird and obnoxious, but it isn't enough for a murder conviction. And it is better to let 10 guilty men walk away, than put one inncent behind bars.
    As for Italy in general, Northern Italy consistently (sp?) has the highest GDP per capita in the world. So Iwouldn't say they were all corrupted.
    Also, American justice system is far from perfect, too (O.J. Simpson anyone?). I personally believe a justice system where regular people, with no knowledge of the law, decide about your guilt, is ridiculous.

    As for being a part of the EU, that is not a measure of anything. My country is a member too (recent one, to be fair), and our justice sytem is a joke. People (influential and rich) freuently walk away after hit and runs, while under influnece, and regular people spend 2 years behind bars for possessing one (!) marijuana cigarette. None of this happened to me, so I'm not being subjective.

  7. #622
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nina385 View Post
    I beg your pardon, but I have to disagree. I am not Italian, American or British, so I don't have e preference in this case. However, I Know a lot about the Italian justice system and Italy in general, and while they are not perfect by any stretch of imagination, neither are they corrupted. I admit this case was very poorly handled, but there is absolutely no reason why Italians would want to frame anyone. I think they know she and Rafaelle did it, they have proof, but there were mistakes handling the case, so now they made a mess of it. I think Knox is weird and obnoxious, but it isn't enough for a murder conviction. And it is better to let 10 guilty men walk away, than put one inncent behind bars.
    As for Italy in general, Northern Italy consistently (sp?) has the highest GDP per capita in the world. So Iwouldn't say they were all corrupted.
    Also, American justice system is far from perfect, too (O.J. Simpson anyone?). I personally believe a justice system where regular people, with no knowledge of the law, decide about your guilt, is ridiculous.

    As for being a part of the EU, that is not a measure of anything. My country is a member too (recent one, to be fair), and our justice sytem is a joke. People (influential and rich) freuently walk away after hit and runs, while under influnece, and regular people spend 2 years behind bars for possessing one (!) marijuana cigarette. None of this happened to me, so I'm not being subjective.
    While I vehemently disagree with your assessment of our jury system--and thanks the Constitution for it!---the same thing happened in the Jon Benet Ramsey case here. I think the original prosecutor knew the parents were guilty, and now we know the Grand Jury indicted the Ramseys for their child's death, Mr. Hunter also knew that with the many police eff ups in the case he could never get a conviction so he didn't take the case to trial.

  8. #623
    Elite Member MmeVertigina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Your inner ear
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nina385 View Post
    I think they know she and Rafaelle did it, they have proof, but there were mistakes handling the case, so now they made a mess of it.
    Are you saying that you think they have proof which wasn't submitted at trial?

  9. #624
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    I would say tea anyone,but I think we should go straight to vodka. With popcorn.
    levitt, sluce and sprynkles like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  10. #625
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where God said "Goodnight"
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Are you saying that you think they have proof which wasn't submitted at trial?
    I believe they have some proof that was not submitted to trial because the police was sloppy while gathering evidence. Technical error of some sort, that makes them unable to use it even though it points in the direction of these two. I don't think Knox personally killed Meredith, but she's hiding something. Why did she change her story so many times? Maybe she was scared and told the police what she thought they wanted to hear? Possible, but it does cast further suspicion over her.

  11. #626
    Elite Member levitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the sin bin
    Posts
    15,342

    Default

    Isn't coffee how they do it in Seattle, McJaggy?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

  12. #627
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    47,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Are you saying that you think they have proof which wasn't submitted at trial?
    It is possible to have evidence that is not submittal due to how it was obtained, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by nina385 View Post
    I believe they have some proof that was not submitted to trial because the police was sloppy while gathering evidence. Technical error of some sort, that makes them unable to use it even though it points in the direction of these two. I don't think Knox personally killed Meredith, but she's hiding something. Why did she change her story so many times? Maybe she was scared and told the police what she thought they wanted to hear? Possible, but it does cast further suspicion over her.
    Or that...

    I agree that she's hiding something.

  13. #628
    Elite Member MmeVertigina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Your inner ear
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nina385 View Post
    I believe they have some proof that was not submitted to trial because the police was sloppy while gathering evidence. Technical error of some sort, that makes them unable to use it even though it points in the direction of these two. I don't think Knox personally killed Meredith, but she's hiding something. Why did she change her story so many times? Maybe she was scared and told the police what she thought they wanted to hear? Possible, but it does cast further suspicion over her.
    Interesting, is this just a gut feeling or did you read something that suggests this happened? (Honestly curious )

  14. #629
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    It is possible to have evidence that is not submittal due to how it was obtained, etc.


    Or that...

    I agree that she's hiding something.
    Does the Italian system have the equivalent of the legal concept of 'fruit of the poisonous tree' ? 'Obtained illegally' doesn't have to refer to malicious intent, but could mean it was obtained in a manner not strictly 'by the book'. Such evidence is 'generally not admissible in court' here but there are exceptions:

    The tainted evidence is admissible if:
    1. it was discovered in part as a result of an independent, untainted source; or
    2. it would inevitably have been discovered despite the tainted source; or
    3. the chain of causation between the illegal action and the tainted evidence is too attenuated; or
    4. the search warrant not based on probable cause was executed by government agents in good faith (called the good-faith exception).

  15. #630
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Even if they could not submit the evidence for some reason I have no doubt that they would have leaked it to the media so the public would know.
    McJag likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
  2. "Joe the Plumber" book deal details emerge
    By bychance in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •