Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

If I were the mother of the beautiful young woman who was murdered, I would be furious with the investigators who botched this so badly.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

In interviews, they say they can't believe it (the verdict) and also how hard it is to watch Knox become a 'celebrity.'

^^^
    honestly, the only reason she became a celebrity was because of the british (american too, but mostly british) tabloid media's morbid curiosity over the case, and fuelled in part by the kercher family's constant contact with them to keep their daughter in the media.

what about the boyfriend and the guy in prison? where's all the outrage for them?
    i get that this must be absolutely awful for kercher's family but it's not like knox escaped from prison. there was an appeal and after four years she and sollecito were cleared of the murder. it might not have been what the family wanted and there may have been errors on the part of the investigators or the prosecution (and we don't know that for sure either) and public opinion might be certain she did it but where's the real proof? wanting something bad enough doesn't make it true. there is no real, hard evidence here, or they'd still be in jail.
    Last edited by sputnik; February 20th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

At the trial, they had been lead by the police to believe that knox & Sollecito when the guilty parties, so their reaction is understandable. If you read the interviews afterwards, the Kutchers just want the culprits found & punished. As that now doesn't appear to be Knox & Sollecito, The police appear to be back to square 1 & the Kutchers acknowledge that. But that is very hard for them, surely if your child/sibling was murdered you'd want justice for them?
    Last edited by Novice; February 20th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

I was never convinced that she did it. The evidence simply is not there. I didn't care for the way that Meredith Kercher's family villainized her and encouraged the railroading of Amanda even when the evidence implicated Rudy Guede acting alone.

Amanda spent 4 years in prison because she was accused of a crime that she did not commit. As for the lying about her boss being involved, I think that at that point she was probably so terrified that she was saying whatever they were telling her they needed to hear. It was wrong, absolutely, but it doesn't make her a murderer.

If she wants to write a book about the ordeal she has gone through as a result of being railroaded by the Italian authorities and judicial system, I think she should have every right to do that and to make a profit out of it. It's a story that I personally would be interested in reading.

I think that you'll find the evidence supports that more than one person did the murder.

The other evidence included a staged burgalry, and the inability of Knox & her bf to produce a substantiated alibi, since they gave a number all of which were proved to be false.

I really don't believe she is considered a celebrity here in the US. In her hometown area she is probably much better known. When I read this thread title I wondered who she was and had to open it to see it was this girl. I doubt her book will sell well in the US either. She got very little coverage here. It was only when a court date was approaching, that we heard about it.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Amanda Knox's former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito will beat her to the shelves with tell-all book on their relationship

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 19:53, 15 March 2012 | UPDATED: 19:53, 15 March 2012

Amanda Knox's former boyfriend will be the first to tell about the Italian murder trial that made them famous worldwide.
    Raffaele Sollecito, 27, has a deal with Simon & Schuster's Gallery Books for an account scheduled to come out this autumn.
    The publisher announced that Presumed Guilty: My Journey To Hell And Back With Amanda Knox, will cover his relationship with Knox, their arrests and imprisonment in Italy for murder and their eventual release last year after the convictions were overturned. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Booked: Amanda Knox and former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito are both writing memoirs about their murder trial

Knox and Sollecito had been dating less than a week when the pair were arrested and put on trial for killing Knox's roommate, British student Meredith Kercher in November 2007.
    Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison. Sollecito received 25 years, but the pair were acquitted of the brutal murder and freed last October.
    Despite being vindicated by the Italian courts, many in Italy still view Sollecito - a former information technology student - as a murderer.
    He has told friends he would be interested in moving to the United States and trying to get away from his 'nightmare four years in prison'.

Last month, Knox, who now lives in Seattle, agreed to terms with HarperCollins for a memoir due next year. The deal was reportedly worth $4million

Read more: Amanda Knox's former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito will beat her to the shelves with tell-all book on their relationship | Mail Online

They are both obnoxious (even if nothing else which I don't believe.) Note they were only together for less than a week ...

Elite Member

She keeps a pretty low profile here in Seattle and the media has left her alone. Her parents and grandma went into horrible debt financing her trial, so I'd say a good $1M will go back to her family and friends who paid for her Attorneys.

So that makes $3M which won't?

And the people who really suffer/ed are Meredith Kercher's friends and family and Meredith Kercher herself.

^^^
    then maybe they should write a book too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would like it if her family wrote a book. To me, it would be more compelling to understand that side of the story. I can't imagine living with the frustration of watching police botch an investigation and knowing they are responsible for you still not getting a sense of justice. They, along all families who lose a loved one to unsolved murders, are in my thoughts and prayers.
    sweetness likes this.

^^^
    really? not trying to be mean here but i would be bored. whether we like it or not, killers or potential killers are always more interesting to read about than their victims. that and what investigators and detectives did to find the killers.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I would like it if her family wrote a book. To me, it would be more compelling to understand that side of the story. I can't imagine living with the frustration of watching police botch an investigation and knowing they are responsible for you still not getting a sense of justice. They, along all families who lose a loved one to unsolved murders, are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I wonder if a publisher would be interested though, it hardly has the sensatialism of the other 2books written by the acquitted "killers".
    And to me that is the saddest part.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information