Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Myth: Rudy Guede was a drifter and a convicted burglar

Not true
    . The drifter allegation is a product of the Gogerty Mariott firm. Guede had lived in Perugia since immigrating there when he was five, was raised by a well-to-do family and had his own apartment 100 metres from Sollecito's.
    This comes under the heading of half truths. He went to live with the wealthy family at 15 or 16 and by the age of 18 the 'adoptive father' had thrown him out. Not really raised by them. This same adoptive father referred to Guede as an 'inveterate liar'.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; February 1st, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Since I am on the side of the evidence, common sense, and the decisions of courts of law, I consider belief in her guilt to be rational. The other side only has a preponderance of public opinion which is notoriously fickle. And usually emotionally driven. EDIT: and in this case, also driven by an expensive PR team.

*She's a privileged white Christian girl who went to trial in a conservative, white Christian court system so spare me any claims about prejudice or bias. If anything, it's amazing to me the African Mr. Lumumba didn't get railroaded into taking the fall for her.
    IMO he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm on the 'she's guilty' side. But this case has one big mess from the start.
    Yes, we will never know for certain what happened, and Meradith's family will never know exactly why someone stabbed their daughter 47 times or who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    For every post (source) claiming evidence, there is another post (source) claiming the evidence doesn't exist. Can we just hang this bitch for making my head hurt?
    No hanging! This is EU not US! No life sentence since EU. Court has ruled it inhuman, just 20yrs or so.
    /Irony + sarcasm {not to CFG but this whole fuck-up}

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    This comes under the heading of half truths. He went to live with the wealthy family at 15 or 16 and by the age of 18 the 'adoptive father' had thrown him out. Not really raised by them. This same adoptive father referred to Guede as an 'inveterate liar'.
    Since he's a convicted murderer and was convicted on credible forensic evidence--plus the fact that he fled to Germany, which, much like throwing innocent black men under the bus, tends to incriminate a person---I don't dispute that he's an inveterate liar. But that doesn't mean he wasn't connected to/didn't know Knox and Sollecito.

But it doesn't mean he did know them.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    But it doesn't mean he did know them.

No, but credible evidence that Knox and Sollecito took steps to clean up the murder scene that Guede committed tend towards that conclusion.

What evidence?
    DirtyGossip01 likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

It must have been a true miracle cleanser, wiping away DNA evidence of Knox and Sollecito, but leaving Guede's. Clorox selective formula bleach?

Clorox "DNA Eliminator" super strength, with OxyClean booster.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Clorox "DNA Eliminator" super strength, with OxyClean booster.
    You forgot the most important word: MAGIC Clorox "DNA Eliminator" super strength, with OxyClean booster.

It magically erases only the DNA of the people who purchased it, while leaving everyone else's.
    witchcurlgirl and gas_chick like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

In Judge Massei’s December 2009 trial finding for the original conviction of Knox and Sollecito, he also writes about the clean-up that the judges believed to have happened:
    Further confirmation is constituted by the fact that, after Meredith’s murder, it is clear that some traces were definitely eliminated, a cleaning activity was certainly carried out. In fact, the bare foot which, stained with blood, left its footprint on the sky-blue mat in the bathroom, could only have reached that mat by taking steps which should have left other footprints on the floor, also marked out in blood just like (in fact, most likely, with even more [blood], since they were created before the footprint printed on the mat) the one found on the mat itself. Of such other very visible footprints of a bloody bare foot, on the contrary, there is no trace. (Massei, Dec 09; PMF translation)

You know, I watched her in the Good Morning America interview yesterday on youtube, just to see what I felt from her mannerisms and expressions. I know that isn't very scientific, but she has always struck me as being a bit detached and possibly on the autism spectrum, and I wanted to see if she still came across this way. She seemed very genuine in the interview, but I do get the feeling that she is holding back a bit, and really, that could mean anything and nothing. Who knows what she has been advised not to discuss by her lawyer.
    So, while falling asleep this case kept creeping into my mind and I was trying to process some of the "evidence" that was suggested in that Hellman? report.
    It is very possible that Amanda and Rafaele happened to stop by her bungalow to pick up some items that night. Perhaps they saw that things were in disarray (in the room of the "staged" break in), were high and a bit paranoid, so they took off. It was mentioned that Rafaele had a prior arrest or citation for illegal substances (mj), so maybe they really just didn't want to report and be questioned in that state. It would make sense with the phone calls, her alleged mentioning to her mom that she might have thought something was "off", and all of the roundabout talk with alibi and time frame. And the fact the Rude Guede never implicated them until he knew they were suspects.
    Who knows how Rude Guede got in, maybe he came by as a stalker when he saw Meredith was alone, the front door could even have been open. If the break in looked staged, he could have staged it in case anyone had seen him entering the house through the front door.
    Even the scream heard by the neighbor is up for suspicion. How do we know that wasn't Amanda happening upon the body? I hate to think that someone would see that scene and leave to cover their own ass, but people do get paranoid sometimes when they are high, and this coupled with her detached personality style...I just don't know, it's possible.
    In any case, my speculation is here nor there, but my guess at what happened is just as valid a guess as the prosecution's. With out evidence pointing to Guede, Sollecito, and Knox being there together and working together in this crime, it really is anyone's guess what happened.
    ManxMouse likes this.

I was always struck by that fact that the police allowed Guede to Skype with a family member and they recorded that video session. In that session he stated that Knox and Sollecito were not there and were not at all involved. Then the police began to offer him deals and the stories changed.
    Last edited by sluce; February 2nd, 2014 at 03:01 PM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

why?what was italian police,s profit?why should police plot and risk?

I'd guess it was so they didn't have to admit they were wrong.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

But they already had a suspect,why should they frame they pair?
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Thread Information