Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    You lost all credibility with that statement. Then you add insult by implying other members here who do not agree with you must be simply following fickle public opinion. When you stoop to using arrogant, insulting statements like that, YOU lose.
    Not really. I'm only insulting those who would be forced to admit, even if only to themselves, that they are siding with public opinion. If you truly believe you've got an objective handle on all of the evidence then your beliefs are your prerogative.

I couldn't give a rats arse about public opinion - which seems to be pretty divided in any case.
    sluce, CL**, MmeVertigina and 2 others like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Tea,anyone?
    Brookie and Sunrider like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm on the 'she's guilty' side. But this case has one big mess from the start.
    Sunrider, Novice and garysgirl1999 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Not really. I'm only insulting those who would be forced to admit, even if only to themselves, that they are siding with public opinion. If you truly believe you've got an objective handle on all of the evidence then your beliefs are your prerogative.
    So we can't handle the truth? You need to simmer, its like you're taking this all personally or something.

Oh and I'm from the UK, yet I feel that she's innocent. That's after reading credible sources on what the evidence was. It's not a crime to be a weirdo or be insensitive, and yet many people seem to feel that that's the only evidence required to say she's guilty.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

'Satanic Murder Ring' theory only served the prosecution ill. IMO, this ill conceived theory is the only reason Knox was handed so many chances. Satan doesn't have to enter into it. I've got two words for all you Amanda lovers: Karla Homolka. That's my theory of the crime. She's a freaking evil sadistic creep is what she is.
    But with no history of acting out in an evil and sadistic manner and then to stab someone so violently and risk losing everything? She had a lot to lose. So did her boyfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Sorry! I was busy having a life!

To my knowledge she has never accounted for their whereabouts during the time of the murder.
    Someone who never turns her mobile off, has it switched off for 10-12 hours. They consistently claim to have been watching films on a laptop but the OS doesn't support that.... You know simple stuff like actually having an alibi.

These two alibi each other which I know is not unknown, however there were things that could alibi them that didn't. Plus her lies...
    But for a motive, I am just curious if people are buying what the prosecution is selling, or if anyone has a more plausible explanation.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; February 1st, 2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: typos and erased everything accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Tea,anyone?
    Please.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Lovely cup,Twitchy. Lemon or cream? I am assuming two sugars.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So you respond by further insulting those who don't follow your beliefs. Show us how YOU have a handle on all the evidence that proves she is guilty in your opinion. Make sure it is not any of the fraudulent evidence which has since been disproven.

I have not seen anyone here say they believe she is innocent. I have seen people say the evidence was not enough to convict her. As for Belt Up's comments about Americans, there is some validity that it would be harder for a citizen of the US to see her as guilty. We operate within a justice system that says you are innocent until proven guilty. The Italian appeals court rejected the guilty conviction based on the evidence tampering, etc. The US system would also not allow her to be tried again once the courts set her free for a lack of evidence. Most Americans cared little about this case until the appeal where we found out how poorly the Italian authorities handled the case, and how they tampered with evidence. She may be guilty but they have not been able to submit any evidence that shows she is guilty beyond reasonable doubt - another requirement in US courts. Just like the OJ Simpson case in our own country, a murderer may go free because the prosecution screwed up.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Public opinion is divided not too mention no one I know even talks about this case. We just aren't that worked up about it.

I don't see the physical evidence though. I see people who don't like her insisting she's guilty.
    sluce and Butterfly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Lovely cup,Twitchy. Lemon or cream? I am assuming two sugars.
    Just plain, thank you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Myth: There is no evidence

Not true. Knox and Sollecito's trial lasted almost 11 months; the case file ran to over 10,000 pages;[2] dozens of witnesses were called;[3] the judges' analysis of the evidence is several hundred pages long.[4] The argument that there is no evidence is patent nonsense. See The Case Against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for a list of some of the main points of evidence.

I was wrong about the following:

Myth: The prosecution case was based on the theory of a "satanic ritual"

Not true. This was first claimed by one of Sollecito's defence lawyers, Luca Maori, following Knox and Sollecito's commmittal hearing in October 2008.[7] The hearing was in camera, so we do not know exactly what was said during that hearing, but Giuliano Mignini, the prosecutor, has always denied mentioning a satanic ritual.[8][9] Certainly, the motivation report, written by the judge who conducted that court makes no mention of a satanic ritual as a possible motive.[10] Nor is it mentioned in Judge Massei's motivation report, relating to Knox and Sollecito's trial, so it is beyond doubt that such a motive played absolutely no part in the decision to convict Knox and Sollecito.[11] This myth is so pervasive that it is hard to believe that there is no foundation for it: however, it does not appear in the sentencing reports of any of the courts that have considered this case. It does not even get a passing mention as a prosecution theory that was rejected: it is completely absent.
    In September 2013, Mignini wrote a letter to the editor of Florence Corriere, correcting their published mistakes about the prosecution case. Mignini refers to: "the scenario put forward by the prosecution in which the Meredith murder [...] was the consequence of a sex hazing to which Meredith herself did not intend to take part, and, above all, it was the consequence of a climate of hostility which built up progressively between the Coulsdon girl and Amanda because of their different habits, and because of Meredith’s suspicion about alleged money thefts by Knox."[12]

Myth: The DNA evidence was contaminated or faulty

Not True The Scientific police processed approximately 400 case items and extracted DNA profiles from roughly 225. It has been commonly repeated that the DNA evidence in this case was contaminated or in some way faulty if it incriminates Knox and Sollecito, but not Guede. This boilerplate defense claim dates back to the earliest hearings, and it has failed to convince a series of courts for lack of logic or substantiation. The Hellmann-appointed DNA experts reviewed only two items out of dozens in this case, the knife and the bra clasp. In the case of the knife, the experts advanced these main complaints, in line with defense argumentation before the Massei and Micheli courts:

• That the negative TMB test on the knife should have caused the lab technician to stop testing, because the sample was probably not blood. TMB detects blood but not tissue; as the material was lodged in a crevice it seems likely it is solid matter;
    • That lab contamination could not be ruled out, claiming that negative control tests had not been performed by the lab between items although the records of these important controls had been filed with the court years prior. Vecchiotti further conceded on cross-examination that the 6-day interval since the testing of the last Kercher item was a virtual guarantee against lab contamination with respect to the knife.[17]
    • That LCN DNA typing is itself untrustworthy, quoting a 2009 article in the Croatian Medical Journal by Bruce Budowle.
    • Finally, the experts offer that a sample tested once is unreliable, scientifically speaking, and the evidence should be excluded on this basis. For this reason of non-repeatability Judge Hellmann also declined to order the testing of the newly-discovered third human trace on the blade, since it too is estimated to be small, reasoning that if one single test is not reliable, two are no better.

Turning to the bra clasp, the reviewers affirmed Sollecito's profile on the hooks in a Sollecito/Kercher mix, but suggested that its collection during the second pass meant contamination could not be ruled out as an explanation. (During this second pass two items with Guede profiles, the purse and the sweatshirt, were also collected.) They did not explain how the passage of time in a sealed crime scene would cause the clasp to become contaminated in this way, nor did they identify a source of so much Sollecito DNA, his only other genetic trace in the house being on a cigarette butt in the kitchen, mixed with Knox's (this was removed on November 3). By way of explanation reviewer Conti only said "anything is possible." In other words, the Hellmann court held contamination to be a probable explanation for the trace on the clasp without identifying a likely route or even source. The Supreme Court, in overturning Hellmann's ruling, was especially harsh regarding the lack of logic on this point, calling it completely unmoored from scientific reasoning.

Myth: Knox's DNA was not found at the crime scene

Knox's DNA was found in a smear of her own blood on the bathroom faucet she at first claimed not to recognize and which she testified was not there the afternoon before the murder ("When you saw the bathroom for the last time, were there traces of blood in it?" "No.") Her DNA was found co-mingled with the victim's blood in five places in the bathroom, hall, and site of the staged break-in, and her profile was found in Luminol footprints the same size and shape of her feet the Supreme Court accepts were also made in the victim's blood. To the question of fixing these deposits of physical traces to a certain date, the Court comments that it is not conceivable that Knox's feet would become stained with Meredith's blood on any other occasion.
    No Knox DNA was found in the victim's room. The footprint analysts did discover a size 7 women's shoe print on the pillowcase, and Knox's black reading lamp was found on Meredith's floor. Prosecutors propose, and the courts have generally agreed, that no forced entry into the home and the clear indications of the involvement of Guede and Sollecito indicates that it was Knox who gave them access to the house, and it is unlikely someone would cover up a crime they had no hand in. What happened in between is what the courts have been considering.

Myths debunked - The Murder of Meredith Kercher
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Are we supposed to believe that Amanda and Sollecito were close with Guede? Close enough to want to have sexual relations with him and trust him to keep a murder as a secret between them all? I can't buy that. From what I have read he was just a drifter and had nothing in common with them. Did they all hang out?

Her DNA was found co-mingled with the victim's blood in five places in the bathroom, hall, and site of the staged break-in, andher profile was found in Luminol footprints the same size and shape of her feet the Supreme Court accepts were also made in the victim's blood. To the question of fixing these deposits of physical traces to a certain date, the Court comments that it is not conceivable that Knox's feet would become stained with Meredith's blood on any other occasion.
    No Knox DNA was found in the victim's room.
    Or not.

"Yet investigators had tested the luminol footprints for blood and found them lacking, a truth carefully hidden from December 17, 2007 (when they were collected) until September 2009, when defense expert Sarah Gino outed the negative test during the trial that led to Knox and Sollecito’s conviction. Even now “bloody footprints” are the Knox case’s most persistent urban legend.
    Luminol identified nine prints in the cottage, but none were derived from blood,” notes Oggi investigative reporter Maria D’Alia in The Crime of Perugia: The Other Truth, a refreshingly fact-based book on the Knox case.
    “Tetramethylbenzidine, the test that reveals blood, gave negative results,” she continues. “Also, in this case, the court has affirmed that this outcome arrived from the prints in question. Tetramethylbenzidine(TMB) is considered a sensitive and reliable test that excludes the presence of blood.”"
    Amanda Knox: “Bloody footprints” tested negative for blood - Let's Talk About True Crime
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

I guess where I struggle is with, why does it have to be more than what it appears to be? A lowlife career criminal raped and murdered a young woman? I just don't get (what appears to me to be) to be tortured story telling to implicate 2 other people? The simplest interpretation of the actual physical evidence usually tells the story.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information