Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

She has said over and over she did not do it. I seriously doubt that her statements were written by her too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

yeah, i don't get the feeling she wrote that. however, I would think her attorney would have been more "diplomatic" with the verbiage.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Just wanted to add that there was no bloody palmprint of Amanda Knox's found under Meredith Kercher. However, there was a bloody palmprint of Guede's found on Kercher's pillow and underneath her naked body.l

There are live interviews that are similar. It is a longstanding pattern of behavior.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

I am SO not gonna argue about this one. So, basically - we all just accept that poor put upon Amanda Knox has been set up by the entire Italian Judicial system... just because.
    effie2 and garysgirl1999 like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Convictions based on people's gut feelings, or because the don't like a woman's attitude or demeanor make me squeamish. Lindy Chamberlain, Alice Crimmins, etc.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

I'm not going to judge someone guilty for writing intelligent, coherent sentences.

I never really followed this case too closely (only when there is some sort of update) but the prosecutors and police always came across as being a tad obsessive with her. I think that this case has gotten to the point where it isn't about getting justice for the victim anymore. It's all about getting Amanda Knox because she put their system in the spotlight and "got away". It's all about egos at this point. This case has been bungled too much with all the he said/ she said accusations playing out in the media IMO.
    I know this sounds cruel but I'm even starting to dislike the parents of the victim too. What they should do is just start from the beginning. They should have an independent prosecutor go over all the evidence and make sure that there was not coercion and that all the evidence they have is solid. What is the point of doing all these appeals when they could be overturned the next time they go to court. This could go on forever

What conclusion can we come to when there is literally no evidence tying Knox to Kercher's murder? No DNA or prints of Knox's in Kercher's room, but Guede's is everywhere.

For Knox to have participated, she would have had to somehow clean the room of all of her prints and DNA while only leaving Guede's behind. Moreover, Guede's initial defense never mentioned Knox. If Guede, who is a squirrelly guy with an extensive record, had a chance to throw someone under the bus with, or instead, of him, I doubt he would have waited until much later to mention Knox.

I just don't see what the point would be. I mean, at some point, wouldn't some Kercher attorney look at the evidence and say "You know, there's NOTHING here to prove these two did this."

dammint, I said I'm NOT doing this!
    CL**, sluce and MohandasKGanja like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Ok, I will wrap it up by saying that I see exactly how people get away with misrepresenting themselves and their actions. People seem to be predisposed to believe others. We are by nature pretty gullible.

I have no idea what she did or didn't do, or what she does or doesn't know about the murder. I do know signs of dishonesty and manipulation, and thankfully they are fairly rare.

If she has no involvement in or knowledge of the crime, her behavior has consistently said otherwise for some reason. And her statements, for years, have not seemed intelligent or coherent, IMO. They are imprecise, jargon-laden, and evasive.

It kinda pisses me off that after all this time she is not even a good liar. She has had years to practice.

I don't agree with double jeopardy, I think the case was mishandled, etc., but it drives me bananas that she is blatantly deceitful and most people are kind-hearted and honest enough themselves not to notice. /rantiness
    effie2 likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    . The preponderance of the evidence, including Amanda's bloody footprint found on a pillow situated UNDER Meredith's body, points straight at Amanda's involvement.
    "Yet investigators had tested the luminol footprints for blood and found them lacking, a truth carefully hidden from December 17, 2007 (when they were collected) until September 2009, when defense expert Sarah Gino outed the negative test during the trial that led to Knox and Sollecito’s conviction. Even now “bloody footprints” are the Knox case’s most persistent urban legend.
    “Luminol identified nine prints in the cottage, but none were derived from blood,” notes Oggi investigative reporter Maria D’Alia in The Crime of Perugia: The Other Truth, a refreshingly fact-based book on the Knox case.
    “Tetramethylbenzidine, the test that reveals blood, gave negative results,” she continues. “Also, in this case, the court has affirmed that this outcome arrived from the prints in question. Tetramethylbenzidine(TMB) is considered a sensitive and reliable test that excludes the presence of blood.”"
    Amanda Knox: “Bloody footprints” tested negative for blood - Let's Talk About True Crime
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "Yet investigators had tested the luminol footprints for blood and found them lacking, a truth carefully hidden from December 17, 2007 (when they were collected) until September 2009, when defense expert Sarah Gino outed the negative test during the trial that led to Knox and Sollecito’s conviction. Even now “bloody footprints” are the Knox case’s most persistent urban legend.
    “Luminol identified nine prints in the cottage, but none were derived from blood,” notes Oggi investigative reporter Maria D’Alia in The Crime of Perugia: The Other Truth, a refreshingly fact-based book on the Knox case.
    “Tetramethylbenzidine, the test that reveals blood, gave negative results,” she continues. “Also, in this case, the court has affirmed that this outcome arrived from the prints in question. Tetramethylbenzidine(TMB) is considered a sensitive and reliable test that excludes the presence of blood.”"
    Amanda Knox: “Bloody footprints” tested negative for blood - Let's Talk About True Crime

There are sides to every 'Urban Legend' , Defense Expert Sarah Gino:

2. Amanda Knox

Amanda Knox’s footprints were found set in Meredith’s blood in two places in the hallway of the new wing of Meredith’s house. . One print was exiting her own room, and one print was outside Meredith’s room, facing into the room. These bloody footprints were only revealed under luminol.
    The fact that there was an absence of any visible bloody footprints from Meredith’s room where Meredith’s blood was to the visible bloody footprint on the blue bathmat in the bathroom that Meredith and Knox shared strongly indicates that some prints were successfully cleaned away altogether.
    A woman’s bloody shoeprint which matched Amanda Knox’s foot size was found on a pillow under Meredith’s body. Barbie Nadeau noted the significance of this evidence on The Daily Beast website:
    “When the judge asked Rinaldi the size of an unidentified bloody shoeprint found on the pillow below Kercher’s body, he responded, “Between 36 and 38.” The judge then asked Rinaldi what size shoe Knox wears. “The Skecher shoe we sequestered belonging to Amanda Knox corresponds with size 37.”

The significance of the woman’s bloody shoeprint in Meredith’s room is considerable. By itself it debunks the myth that some had propagated for a while, that Rudy Guede acted alone. The bloody shoeprint was incompatible with Meredith’s shoe size.

True Justice For Meredith Kercher

Except that:

May 15, 2009. Print expert Lorenzo Rinaldi, from Rome’s scientific police, testifies that two luminol-revealed footprints were “compatible” in size with Amanda’s footprints–one leaving her room and another in the hall outside Kercher’s door. Conceding that he’s not a forensics biologist and can’t identify blood traces, he admits under cross-examination that he didn’t compare the prints to the feet of Amanda’s two Italian roommates. Nor can he explain why her footprints would be sinister in her own home. He confirms that luminol reacts to substances other than blood, even fruit juice or rust.
    McJag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I know this sounds cruel but I'm even starting to dislike the parents of the victim too. What they should do is just start from the beginning. They should have an independent prosecutor go over all the evidence and make sure that there was not coercion and that all the evidence they have is solid. What is the point of doing all these appeals when they could be overturned the next time they go to court. This could go on forever
    I understand. I also really dislike the way that the victim's family keeps implying that the only way "justice" will be served is if Amanda Knox is held responsible for this crime. Any time that it's suggested that Amanda may not have done this, or that the physical evidence points to someone else, they start talking about people forgetting about Meredith, as if not railroading Amanda Knox is somehow dishonoring Meredith's memory.

I kind of get the feeling that (despite the fact that Amanda supposedly believed they were friends) Meredith had been shit talking Amanda to her family for quite some time, and so when this happened, they already had very low opinions of Amanda, clouding their ability to see this objectively and and making it easier for them to overlook the lack of physical evidence and jump on the "she had to have done this because she's weird/slutty/unhygienic/Meredith didn't like her" bandwagon.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Thread Information