Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

TBH i really have enjoyed the conversation in here the last few days, it's been really civil and all of us giving opposing views without devolving into a hot mess..

Disclaimer.. not saying things around here devolve in a hot mess but a lot of sites people just get so enraged when others don't agree with them..
    Fairy, sluce, MmeVertigina and 1 others like this.

I have to! These have been some very interesting reads. I have nothing to contribute to the conversation, as I have yet to form an opinion of her, but I have hung on to every word.
    PrincessMoFo likes this.

Silver Member

I think she's guilty.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not sure if Knox is being asked about her conviction for slander against Lumumba, but if she did she could probably say that she gave it under duress and then almost immediately disavowed it. And then it would seem that Lumumba kind of got his revenge against Kercher through his lawyer who called her "unclean on the outside because she was dirty on the inside", a "demonic, satanic, diabolical she-devil", and a "spell-casting witch, a virtuoso of deceit".

Moreover, if the police had bothered to talk to Lumumba before arresting him, they would know that he had an airtight alibi because of a witness who talked with him in the bar during the time of the murders.

In addition, police also could have waited until they had received the results of the fingerprint check in Kercher's bedroom, which showed that Guede (and not Lumumba, Knox, or Sollecito) had been in Kercher's bedroom. Guede's fingerprints were already on file in Italy, so by checking the fingerprints against their database, they could have had their actual murderer charged before dragging in three other innocent people.
    oh yeah, boy, I bet Lumumba sleeps like a baby knowing his attorney got revenge for him... NOT the same, jack! sorry.
    effie2 and garysgirl1999 like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I watched her interview and started to feel like she is completely innocent. I didn't have feelings one way or the other before the interview. I didn't know they had DNA from a guy who had been violent before and that the investigators claimed Knox "cleaned up her DNA". How the hell would anyone be capable of going through and cleaning up their own DNA, meanwhile leaving another person's? She wouldn't know what is hers and what is the other guy's.

The only thing that threw me was when she was asked point-blank whether she did it. She said no, while nodding yes. When asked if she knew more she said no, again while nodding yes.
    I am far, far from qualified to assess that but have seen many professionals and experts say that it is a sign someone is lying. The body is almost saying yes by reflex.
    interesting, i'd like to see that. what interview was this?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    interesting, i'd like to see that. what interview was this?

Havent seen any of that,yes ,a liar and a very bad actress.No coaching can make you a natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    oh yeah, boy, I bet Lumumba sleeps like a baby knowing his attorney got revenge for him... NOT the same, jack! sorry.
    Yup, very cold comfort to Lumumba that his attorney got his swings in at Knox -- because it doesn't make him whole again. But by the same token, the people who really owe Lumumba an apology and probably civil damages are the police who looked at Knox's messages to Lumumba, and after hours of questioning, invented a scenario for Knox to "try to remember" where he was somehow involved. And added on top of that, the detectives failed to do the most basic work of talking with Lumumba and checking out his alibi until much later, which would have avoided putting him in the spotlight in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Havent seen any of that,yes ,a liar and a very bad actress.No coaching can make you a natural.
    I agree that no coaching can make you a natural in front of the camera, which is just as true as the fact that no evidence at the scene can and will make you not guilty.
    sputnik and Butterfly like this.

But that evidence that you discount, you're happy for it to convict a poor black man instead of a (comparatively) rich US woman? I'm missing the logic on this one.

thanks princessmofo for the link!
    i've watched some of her interviews on YT now. im some, she comes across as a really bad actress, in others, like a german interview, she comes across as quite sincere to me. that german interview actually changed my "gut feeling" about her. her being weird in interviews - maybe some advisers told her to act more emotional and that's why sometimes she comes actross as a bad actress, because she is actually acting (pause and breathe deeply, etc.). the public accused her of being cold and emotionless (and therefore guilty), and maybe she's trying to portray herself differently now, hence the acting. just a thought.
    this could be wrong though and she might as well be a crazy sociopath who got away with murder.

i agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    That's how I feel, too. No evidence = no guilt that can be proven=no conviction. It's a pretty damn simple concept but a lot of people would rather depend on their gut feels. A lot of people simply don't like Knox, which doesn't matter. The Italians could only convict Knox and her Ex by introducing satanic worship and bad behavior. That's not enough to put someone in prison and destroy their lives...no matter how unlikable they are.
    no matter how unlikeable and weird someone is, you can't put them in jail without evidence just because your gut feeling tells you to do so.
    Butterfly likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    But that evidence that you discount, you're happy for it to convict a poor black man instead of a (comparatively) rich US woman? I'm missing the logic on this one.
    forensic evidence linked guede to kercher's murder. there was no such evidence linking knox and sollecito. if you're referring to lumumba, he was never convicted.
    Butterfly likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Definitely not happy that Lumumba got caught up in it at all. But the Perugia police, in their official capacity, seemed to have set in motion the idea that it was Lumumba in the first place. They found text messages between Knox and Lumumba on her phone at the night of the murder. Then, when she didn't immediately implicate him, they asked her to imagine a story that he was there. She very quickly disavowed her statement and what she had signed. Lumumba already had an alibi and it was a Swiss tourist, I think, who had been talking with him in the bar at the time that the murders occurred. Unfortunately, Lumumba's alibi didn't show up to validate what Lumumba said until Lumumba was already arrested.

I'm not sure what it is, but this girl seems off. Everything about her is "me, me, me. Poor me, it could have been me, etc.". It's just weird. Who knows, maybe that's what happens to you when you go through something like this, but she does seem like a liar or she's stunted in some intellectual or emotional way.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I'm not sure what it is, but this girl seems off. Everything about her is "me, me, me. Poor me, it could have been me, etc.". It's just weird. Who knows, maybe that's what happens to you when you go through something like this, but she does seem like a liar or she's stunted in some intellectual or emotional way.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she has some kind of weird personality defect where she reacts strangely and inappropriately to things. And maybe even suffers from classic pothead CRS. And that it might have aroused the suspicion of Perugia detectives at first. But how Mignini got from there to a totally unsupported theory (by both evidence or background of Knox and Sollecito) of some orgy gone awry, is inexplicable.
    Butterfly and Fairy like this.

Gold Member

Same here. I noticed it with this interview as a well. The way she was speaking, it was like she was trying to give the right reaction/emotion. It just felt off.

Thread Information