Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 738
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

  1. #331
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Ordinarily people would be quick to concede that ONLY a murderer would knowingly and deliberately falsely implicate another person for the crime.
    People have falsely implicated themselves in murders, because they have been subjected to intense interrogation for hours. It doesn't come as a surprise at all that an innocent person would implicate someone else in a murder after hours of questioning, especially, without and interpreter or lawyer present.

    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I would say Knox and Sollecito are in more trouble. You can talk about the minor characters until the cows come home.
    When, the original prosecutor, and detectives are found to be in trouble with the law themselves, while acting in their official capacity, it doesn't say a lot for how they handle investigations.
    sputnik, Butterfly and faithanne like this.

  2. #332
    Silver Member PrincessMoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't know shit about body language and it's not for me to say whether I'm any judge of character but from the brief clips I've seen of her interviews I was struck by how cold she seemed. I used to have some reservations about whether she was guilty or not but now I think she is.
    this too is what i have a problem with and not saying she actually did something (maybe she really was in the other room and heard it all and covered her ears screaming like she said in one of her confessions) just that the whole truth is not known and she's holding back about what really happened that night and as long as that continues we will be having conversations like this
    greysfang likes this.

  3. #333
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    People have falsely implicated themselves in murders, because they have been subjected to intense interrogation for hours. It doesn't come as a surprise at all that an innocent person would implicate someone else in a murder after hours of questioning, especially, without and interpreter or lawyer present.



    When, the original prosecutor, and detectives are found to be in trouble with the law themselves, while acting in their official capacity, it doesn't say a lot for how they handle investigations.
    Funny how this benefit of the doubt doesn't apply to every single person who has been 'intensely interrogated' for 'hours'. In any case Knoxious was convicted and her conviction was upheld which allows an observer of the case to operate under the assumption that there is evidence of malice aforethought, and not just an innocent mistake or the result of 'intense' questioning---her roommate had been MURDERED FFS and she was behaving like a loon, should they have treated her like a princess? Where is her lolsuit if she was so badly abused?
    effie2 likes this.

  4. #334
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Rollo - I saw part of the interview and walked in as she was talking about falsely accusing the other person. She admitted she did it and and was talking about how she was interrogated and pushed, and how she is sorry, blah, blah, blah. She also discussed the accustations of cartwheels and stuff at the police stattion and claims it never happened. She was a gymnast, and after hours of being held, she was stretching but not doing cartwheels etc. It seems that a lot has been blown out of proportion by the police too. Them telling her she was HIV positive is unforgiveable and shows a serious lack of professionalism. I hold them accountable for this circus. If Meredith were my child I would be looking for every option to go after the police for failure to do their job. The more I learn, the more shocked I am by just how poorly they did their job on a murder case.
    Last edited by sluce; May 4th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  5. #335
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Funny how this benefit of the doubt doesn't apply to every single person who has been 'intensely interrogated' for 'hours'. In any case Knoxious was convicted and her conviction was upheld which allows an observer of the case to operate under the assumption that there is evidence of malice aforethought, and not just an innocent mistake or the result of 'intense' questioning---her roommate had been MURDERED FFS and she was behaving like a loon, should they have treated her like a princess? Where is her lolsuit if she was so badly abused?
    Sasha, I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say that her conviction was upheld. The Appeals Court threw out her conviction and did so on the basis of a lack of evidence linking either Knox or Sollecito to the murders. They also specifically said there was a lack of motive or behavior prior to the murder that would link them to it. The Court of Cassation has ordered a new trial, however.

    In terms of Knox's behavior after Kercher's murder, I don't see that there is some monolithic blueprint for how people behave when their roommate is murdered. I would think they go through a range of emotions. Moreover, a lot of statements about what Knox or Sollecito said or did following the murder have turned out to be inaccurate.
    sluce and Butterfly like this.

  6. #336
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,561

    Default

    Rollo, I'm just curious ... not poking because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But why do you believe so strongly in her guilt? Is there some kind of evidence that made up your mind or simply her admittedly weird and innopropriate behavior after the fact (I'm being sincerely serious)?

    Just in the last page of this thread, there's been just one or two things said that I was unaware of or had forgotten that makes me feel even more strongly that this girl was railroaded by the police and prosecutors .... one of them being that they told her she was HIV positive when she wasn't. Sluce, seriously? In what context, as in we have evidence on Meridith that it's someone HIV positive, and YOU are HIV positive, or something else?

    I think that I feel so strongly the other way simply because of the lack of evidence that she was even in her room (nor her boyfriend). And that there's no evidence ANYWHERE of Knox and her boyfriend tying them to the crime scene (absolute evidence anyway ... not counting minuscule traces that are strongly believed to be cross contamination). This trial has been going on for SO long, I'm sure I'm forgetting other things that may sway me in another direction.

  7. #337
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

    I think that I feel so strongly the other way simply because of the lack of evidence that she was even in her room (nor her boyfriend). And that there's no evidence ANYWHERE of Knox and her boyfriend tying them to the crime scene (absolute evidence anyway ... not counting minuscule traces that are strongly believed to be cross contamination). This trial has been going on for SO long, I'm sure I'm forgetting other things that may sway me in another direction.
    That's how I feel, too. No evidence = no guilt that can be proven=no conviction. It's a pretty damn simple concept but a lot of people would rather depend on their gut feels. A lot of people simply don't like Knox, which doesn't matter. The Italians could only convict Knox and her Ex by introducing satanic worship and bad behavior. That's not enough to put someone in prison and destroy their lives...no matter how unlikable they are.
    Beeyotch, sputnik and stef like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  8. #338
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,966

    Default

    In cases like these all I can think of is Lindy Chamberlain because "she looks/acts guilty" got her convicted and imprisoned for years based on flawed forensics and the assumption that she was guilty because she didn't act like a grieving mother should (plus a bunch of other rubbish about religion etc). Anyone who remembers that wouldn't be so quick to point the finger based on a gut feeling.
    Serendipity likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  9. #339
    Elite Member dallison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    I watched her interview and started to feel like she is completely innocent. I didn't have feelings one way or the other before the interview. I didn't know they had DNA from a guy who had been violent before and that the investigators claimed Knox "cleaned up her DNA". How the hell would anyone be capable of going through and cleaning up their own DNA, meanwhile leaving another person's? She wouldn't know what is hers and what is the other guy's.

    The only thing that threw me was when she was asked point-blank whether she did it. She said no, while nodding yes. When asked if she knew more she said no, again while nodding yes.
    I am far, far from qualified to assess that but have seen many professionals and experts say that it is a sign someone is lying. The body is almost saying yes by reflex.

  10. #340
    Elite Member InigoMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    People have falsely implicated themselves in murders, because they have been subjected to intense interrogation for hours. It doesn't come as a surprise at all that an innocent person would implicate someone else in a murder after hours of questioning, especially, without and interpreter or lawyer present.
    This is O/T to an extent -- Interestingly enough, I saw an old episode of Dateline on the Cloo channel today where this happened, four teens were convicted of the rape and murder of a medical student. Innovations in DNA technology proved them innocent about 15 years later.

    Marcellius Bradford, Center on Wrongful Convictions

  11. #341
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Sluce, seriously? In what context, as in we have evidence on Meridith that it's someone HIV positive, and YOU are HIV positive, or something else?
    No they told her that during some medical test they had found she was HIV positive. She feels they were trying to get a list fo any sexual partner she had been with so they could use it to make her look like a slut. Later her personal journal went missing from her cell and then pieces of it were published. It has been made clear that the police worked with the press to leak information that was not substantiated and to manipulate things like the kisses as they stood outside of the apartment while police were inside with Meredith's body.
    sputnik and Butterfly like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  12. #342
    Elite Member MmeVertigina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Your inner ear
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    I really enjoy the speculation on this thread! My unprofessional opinion of her is that she is a sociopath, possibly knows/saw more regarding the murder than she is letting on *possibly*, but that she did not personally murder anyone. I doubt we will ever really know though...

  13. #343
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    58,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    That's how I feel, too. No evidence = no guilt that can be proven=no conviction. It's a pretty damn simple concept but a lot of people would rather depend on their gut feels. A lot of people simply don't like Knox, which doesn't matter. The Italians could only convict Knox and her Ex by introducing satanic worship and bad behavior. That's not enough to put someone in prison and destroy their lives...no matter how unlikable they are.
    This pretty much sums it up this whole situation for me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  14. #344
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    47,110

    Default

    Damn! And there was me thinking this was GossipRocks not Justice4Knox.com

  15. #345
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Silly me. I was thinking it was Gossiprocks not Only1SidedOpinionsAllowed.com.
    politesse and Butterfly like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
  2. "Joe the Plumber" book deal details emerge
    By bychance in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •