Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 738
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

  1. #301
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Lol, she's certified.

    Too bad the method of testing didn't conform to classical test theory. Hocus pocus, and about as real as Sylvia Browne.
    Wait, what? Sylvia and her fabulous fingernails aren't real?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  2. #302
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,383

    Default

    Yes she's real MM. Don't you worry. All her "visions" are accurate. Right along with the Long Island Medium.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  3. #303
    fgg
    fgg is offline
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    34,038

    Default

    ^donchu say one bad word about the long island medium!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  4. #304
    Silver Member PrincessMoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    258

    Default

    lol i don't believe in mediums or visions or psychics hell i don't even believe in ghosts. but, for me being able to read micro expressions and body language is a completely different thing.

  5. #305
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yes she's real MM. Don't you worry. All her "visions" are accurate. Right along with the Long Island Medium.
    Oh thank gawd, wcg scared me (as usual)

    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^donchu say one bad word about the long island medium!
    Another one with "fabulous"(ly ridiculous) nails...how do those seeing people wipe their asses with those things? It'd be like a daily episiotomy.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  6. #306
    fgg
    fgg is offline
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    34,038

    Default

    ^maybe she has a bidet?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  7. #307
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    47,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMoFo View Post
    I used to not know what to think of this girl.. A few years ago i found a website called Eyes for Lies Blog she's scientifically tested and certified to be one of those people that can read micro expressions and can tell when people lie (think the show Lie To Me).. She has a 95% accuracy rate.. She says (she has a thing right now on her blog about these interviews) that Amanda is lying, she doesn't know about what but she knows Amanda is lying about Meridiths murder. Could be something simple could be something big but I have seen this lady over the years and she's pretty much dead on in her ascertainment of situations involving murder suspects.. I believe Amanda is not telling the truth about what happened..
    Lol! I need to check that out but any number of folks (without this scientific training), think she's lying.
    I know what you mean about evidence-bases testimony though.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I've always maintained that this bitch was lying. She may or may not have held the knife herself, but she was there and knows exactly what happened. At the very least she's an accessory to murder.
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There was no forensic evidence of anyone in Kercher's apartment other than Rudy Guede.

    Guede, in his defense, during his first trial, made no mention of either Knox or Sollecito.
    Pls see below.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMoFo View Post
    I believe it was determined the forensics team did a piss poor job that day.
    Exactly, it can't be - or shouldn't be convicting for one & acquittal for another based on the same evidence. It makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Sorry, they shared a flat but not a bedroom. From what I've read, there was no forensic evidence, including fingerprints, that Knox had been in Kercher's bedroom,
    Pls, that is weird in itself in a shared house of girls of that age. They are in & out of each others rooms all the time.

  8. #308
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,679

    Default

    Don't Believe the 'Lie to Me' Hype: Even Trained Eyes Have a Hard Time Spotting Untruths

    It's a good piece, I found these parts interesting:

    Last are "manipulations," which are personal grooming tics, such as biting your fingernails. Manipulations, it turns out, don't mean anything one way or the other -- and yet studies show most people list these tics as one of the clearest signs of dishonesty. They're not. People who read them are committing an "Othello error," in Ekman's jargon, a reference to the Shakespearean character who falsely believed his wife to be an adulteress.



    It turns out that people who use positive body language and correct vocal inflection -- nodding heads in agreement, leaning forward in their chairs, speaking in the same vocal range and speed as conversational partners -- will win other people's trust.


    Then again, this just describes body language that honest people tend to use. It doesn't mean dishonest people couldn't ape that behavior to lie to you.



    That last part reminds me that sociopaths are among the best liars



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  9. #309
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    47,099

    Default

    Oh crap! You're giving away all my secrets WCG!

  10. #310
    Silver Member PrincessMoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Don't Believe the 'Lie to Me' Hype: Even Trained Eyes Have a Hard Time Spotting Untruths

    It's a good piece, I found these parts interesting:

    Last are "manipulations," which are personal grooming tics, such as biting your fingernails. Manipulations, it turns out, don't mean anything one way or the other -- and yet studies show most people list these tics as one of the clearest signs of dishonesty. They're not. People who read them are committing an "Othello error," in Ekman's jargon, a reference to the Shakespearean character who falsely believed his wife to be an adulteress.



    It turns out that people who use positive body language and correct vocal inflection -- nodding heads in agreement, leaning forward in their chairs, speaking in the same vocal range and speed as conversational partners -- will win other people's trust.


    Then again, this just describes body language that honest people tend to use. It doesn't mean dishonest people couldn't ape that behavior to lie to you.



    That last part reminds me that sociopaths are among the best liars
    that is very interesting thank you!

    I like this part right here

    "In the end, "truth wizards" -- the 1 percent or so of people who can see past all this to discern lies really well -- have a unique ability to keep their minds open, O'Sullivan says. "They don't hurry to a conclusion. They'll live with indecision. Most of us don't want to do that, including me. People want certainty."

    she is what they call a truth wizard or so she says.. but i like reading critical articles I always want to keep an open mind.

  11. #311
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    48,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

    Pls, that is weird in itself in a shared house of girls of that age. They are in & out of each others rooms all the time.
    Wasn't Knox seen in a supermarket waiting to buy bleach? Strong smell of bleach in the house etc?

  12. #312
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,138

    Default

    That cunt was on German tv last night. Feeling sorry for herself, for the most part. The questions were completely harmless and still she was contradicting herself all the time. Bitch needs to keep her post-its straight in order to be convincing.
    Novice, Mel1973 and garysgirl1999 like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  13. #313
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,561

    Default

    Sorry, this is my first attempt at doing SEVERAL quotes all at once. I'm on a learning curve.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syd View Post
    Did anybody else watch the Diane Sawyer interview? I did and I've decided that I absolutely do not like this chick. However, I don't think she killed the girl.
    I've kept up with this story only through articles, blogs and the like, so I've never really heard or watched her speak. Some people, as we all know, have really odd reactions to things that would be completely opposite to a "normal" reaction. I've read a LOT about people commenting on her odd and inappropriate statements or actions. Maybe there's something in her past that manifested these weird actions, maybe she's slightly on the Autism Spectrum (Aspergers?). Maybe she's just simply strange. Who knows? I agree though ... those things don't make me think she's a murderer.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMoFo View Post
    I used to not know what to think of this girl.. A few years ago i found a website called Eyes for Lies Blog she's scientifically tested and certified to be one of those people that can read micro expressions and can tell when people lie (think the show Lie To Me).. She has a 95% accuracy rate.. She says (she has a thing right now on her blog about these interviews) that Amanda is lying, she doesn't know about what but she knows Amanda is lying about Meridiths murder. Could be something simple could be something big but I have seen this lady over the years and she's pretty much dead on in her ascertainment of situations involving murder suspects.. I believe Amanda is not telling the truth about what happened..
    My brother-in-law is a cop. He's been reading this book called, "Spy the Lie" (unsure of the author; too lazy to go look it up) and is fascinated by it. We've talked a lot about it ... and I lean toward the "everyone is different" stance rather than his "I can tell a lie from ANYONE" stance. I have chronic panic disorder and moderate OCD, so I've been with psychiatrists, psychoanalysts and therapists for years. I started getting distracted in session because I was worrying where my eyes went and what that particular doctor was analyzing through my eye movement. I had a very highly respected psychiatrist tell me that he actually did extra classes on this subject because it fascinated him. He basically said it's all BS because there are soooo many variables about the person's likely undiagnosed (or misdiagnosed) disorders, past life experiences, personality and so many other things. I remember in the very beginning I would look a certain way (I believe it was down and to the left, but I could be wrong; it was awhile ago) when recalling traumatic events from my childhood. I shortly thereafter found a lengthy article about what it means when a person looks up, down, left, right, eyes closed, straight ahead at the interviewer, etc., and I remember being horrified because the article said the place I was focusing my eyes when trying to recall things meant I was lying. I was devastated (because as it happens, when parents abuse children, a lot of times children are doubted or not believed at all) because I am really shy, anxious and DEFINITELY truthful. For the next few sessions, I clammed up and the sessions were getting way too intense because all I could think about was that I kind of lose myself when recalling these events and I was too afraid to focus on where I normally focused for fear of not being believed (to this day, I still do not look at the person I'm talking to when I do recall, it's just my way of recalling my past). He finally drug it out of me what was going on and spent an entire session telling me about his research on the subject and assuring me that where I focused my eyes meant virtually nothing. And he told me that he had no doubt I was being truthful (which at the time was an extremely important thing to me). I've had numerous other mental health professionals tell me basically the same thing. In a criminal aspect, maybe it's different, but I can't see how. I'm definitely on Mohandas' side where there is virtually no evidence of either Knox or Socellito at the murder scene and PLENTY of evidence of Guede. Maybe Knox and Socellito walked in on the murder scene, freaked and left and that's what this woman is talking about when she says she call tell Knox is lying ... but I don't really believe you can tell that without knowing Knox.

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Here in the US that would be admissible in your defense. So in Italy, if you are being tried for murder, you are not allowed to mention others who participated as part of your defense?
    Yeah, that really seems unfair. If you can't talk about accomplices (which I really don't think he had), how is that a fair trial? The more I read about the Italian justice system and the clusterfuck of investigation from all concerned parties in this case, the less I seem to bitch about our (US) justice system. Don't get me wrong, still totally think it's flawed in many ways, but not nearly as bad as Italy. Yikes.

    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Yes, it's not 'the' apartment, it's Knox and Kercher's apartment (and some other girls.) Knox previously said that she was in their kitchen when Meredith was killed and blocked her ears to drown out the screams.
    I never knew Knox said that. Was that during her never-ending first interrogation (which I put no stock in) or after?

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Foresic and DNA evidence is only as good as the person collecting, analysing and storing it. It's been great to see people released from death row when evidence cleared them years later. It has been horrible to watch sloppy work allow people to get away with crimes.
    That is one of the only good things that came out of the OJ debacle ... Barry Sheck, his spoon feeding the jury (and public at large) in how the very new thing called DNA worked, and his Innocence Project. I just wish he was on the other side at OJ's trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    There definite "tells" when a person is lying. I saw clips of the interview with her and she did not give the normal signs. She came off as someone who is very unlikable and focused on herself more than anything. It also seems like she is really hurt by what she has been through and sees herself as the biggest victim. If she is innocent then she is indeed a victim of this. But certainly she should be able to recognize that she is not the greatest victim. The parts where she spoke about her family, and their support, came across as sincere.

    It was upsetting to see how news footage was manipulated to make it look like she was videotaped outside the house after the body was found, making out with her boyfriend. The reality was that there were 3 short little kisses, followed by her looking at the ground clearly sad and upset, and he was comforting her. Made me sad to see that the press in Italy is as manipulative as it is here in the US. Sucks since we really can't trust anything.
    That is another thing that sways my opinion about her innocence ... the way the media, and anybody that could push themselves into the eyes of the media, manipulated SO much of what actually happened. I agree, innocent or not, she should have spent a fair amount of time talking about the loss of her friend (even though they barely knew each other, she said they were friends) and her grieving family. And less on what a victim she is in all of this ... she is, but she's still breathing .... Meridith is not, so Meridith "wins" everyone's sympathy as the greater victim here. It's almost like she's removed herself from this and created another reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Don't Believe the 'Lie to Me' Hype: Even Trained Eyes Have a Hard Time Spotting Untruths

    It's a good piece, I found these parts interesting:

    Last are "manipulations," which are personal grooming tics, such as biting your fingernails. Manipulations, it turns out, don't mean anything one way or the other -- and yet studies show most people list these tics as one of the clearest signs of dishonesty. They're not. People who read them are committing an "Othello error," in Ekman's jargon, a reference to the Shakespearean character who falsely believed his wife to be an adulteress.



    It turns out that people who use positive body language and correct vocal inflection -- nodding heads in agreement, leaning forward in their chairs, speaking in the same vocal range and speed as conversational partners -- will win other people's trust.


    Then again, this just describes body language that honest people tend to use. It doesn't mean dishonest people couldn't ape that behavior to lie to you.


    That last part reminds me that sociopaths are among the best liars
    I also agree with most people thinking you're dishonest or up to something when you display "tics". I have several nervous tics ... one big one is not biting my fingernails, but picking at and biting up my cuticles. When I'm under severe stress, that's just what I do and most of the time I didn't even realize I was doing it even when the skin was literally peeling off in multiple layers all the way around my fingertips. It is SO embarrassing because there's no way to hide it and people would question me about it. What do you say? I'm so stressed out because of x, y and z? (and don't even ask about what because you'll probably think it's trivial and silly, when in reality whatever is stressing me out is extremely important to me, and you telling me how awful it looks or why do you do that to yourself just makes me feel worse and even more stressed out) No, it's none of your business. And no I'm not lying, I'm just stressed, really stressed. It sucks. One good thing though is that my last therapist told me to go get my nails done regularly, doctor's orders. My real nails are now long with a gel overlay and the thickness of them doesn't allow me to even pick at my cuticles. I haven't had torn up cuticles in over 2 or 3 years. Yay! Lol

    I do agree with your last statement also. Just an example, the Boston bombers, since that story is still ongoing and fresh in everyone's minds ... how in the hell do you create the Hell on Earth for the victims and their families that they did and then go back to your regular lives IN THE SAME AREA like nothing happened for DAYS until their pictures were finally released?? It really, really disturbs me that human minds can work like that.

    Holy shit, that's long .... SORRY!!
    PrincessMoFo likes this.

  14. #314
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    47,099

    Default

    Nevan - very interesting.
    I thought with stuff like lie detectors, that was why they asked "control questions" & thought that it would be the same in police interviews (unrelated to this specific subject) - I'm obviously wrong.

  15. #315
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,964

    Default

    I haven't watched her interviews or read her book so I can only comment on what I've read here, but I disagree that she shouldn't feel like a victim if she's innocent. Yes a girl is dead and her family will always suffer, but she was imprisoned and has a right to feel an injustice was done to her. Her problem is knowing how to express that without making herself look like a narcissist who doesn't care that her friend is dead.
    sluce, MohandasKGanja and Brando like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
  2. "Joe the Plumber" book deal details emerge
    By bychance in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: November 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 13th, 2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •