Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

There was no forensic evidence of anyone in Kercher's apartment other than Rudy Guede.

Guede, in his defense, during his first trial, made no mention of either Knox or Sollecito.

He was tried separately and evidence about other people would not have been admissible. The judges ruled he didn't act alone but refrained from suggesting who acted with him as they knew other trials were coming up.
    greysfang and garysgirl1999 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There was no forensic evidence of anyone in Kercher's apartment other than Rudy Guede.

Guede, in his defense, during his first trial, made no mention of either Knox or Sollecito.
    I believe it was determined the forensics team did a piss poor job that day.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    He was tried separately and evidence about other people would not have been admissible. The judges ruled he didn't act alone but refrained from suggesting who acted with him as they knew other trials were coming up.
    Here in the US that would be admissible in your defense. So in Italy, if you are being tried for murder, you are not allowed to mention others who participated as part of your defense?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

His initial statement was that he and Kercher had consensual sex, and that someone had come into the apartment and attacked her while he was in the bathroom. His story was directly contradicted by the forensic evidence. During his appeal, he said Knox had been in the apartment, and that Knox had attacked Kercher while Guede was in the bathroom. Except that, once again, there was no forensic evidence to back up his story. All the forensic evidence pointed to Guede, and only Guede being in the apartment with Kercher, with him leaving either blood or semen, or fecal DNA evidence in various locations, including Kercher's body.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMoFo View Post
    I believe it was determined the forensics team did a piss poor job that day.
    Even if they had done a good job, they would not have found evidence of Knox being in the apartment. Instead, they would have not contaminated the knife and bra clasp in the first place, thereby saving a lot of people a lot of grief and expense.

Even if they had done a good job, they would not have found evidence of Knox being in the apartment. Instead, they would have not contaminated the knife and bra clasp in the first place, thereby saving a lot of people a lot of grief and expense.
    actually with her living there shouldn't they have found tons of evidence of her there since she probably touched everything by living there?
    Novice and Mel1973 like this.

Yes, it's not 'the' apartment, it's Knox and Kercher's apartment (and some other girls.) Knox previously said that she was in their kitchen when Meredith was killed and blocked her ears to drown out the screams.

actually with her living there shouldn't they have found tons of evidence of her there since she probably touched everything by living there?
    Sorry, they shared a flat but not a bedroom. From what I've read, there was no forensic evidence, including fingerprints, that Knox had been in Kercher's bedroom,

Sorry, they shared a flat but not a bedroom. From what I've read, there was no forensic evidence, including fingerprints, that Knox had been in Kercher's bedroom,
    again I don't put much stock in the forensic evidence considering both prosecution and defense agree they didn't do their job that day and their one of the reasons she was released.

Yes, it's not 'the' apartment, it's Knox and Kercher's apartment (and some other girls.) Knox previously said that she was in their kitchen when Meredith was killed and blocked her ears to drown out the screams.
    I would be more in line believing this is what really happened.. again not saying Amanda Killed Meredith just saying she's not being truthful now with what she knows.. does she still maintain she was there and heard the screams or is now "I don't know anything I wasn't there"?

Foresic and DNA evidence is only as good as the person collecting, analysing and storing it. It's been great to see people released from death row when evidence cleared them years later. It has been horrible to watch sloppy work allow people to get away with crimes.
    PrincessMoFo and Mel1973 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I used to not know what to think of this girl.. A few years ago i found a website called Eyes for Lies Blog she's scientifically tested and certified to be one of those people that can read micro expressions and can tell when people lie (think the show Lie To Me).. She has a 95% accuracy rate..
    Lol, she's certified.

Too bad the method of testing didn't conform to classical test theory. Hocus pocus, and about as real as Sylvia Browne.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Lol, she's certified.

Too bad the method of testing didn't meet classical test theory. Hocus pocus.
    LOL i know it is funny how does one certify? i guess it's because she's been studied by science.. mostly for me it's what i've read from her over the years.. she's been pretty much spot on.. have much respect for the lady

again I don't put much stock in the forensic evidence considering both prosecution and defense agree they didn't do their job that day.
    In this case, though, you have overwhelming forensic evidence, including blood, semen, and fecal matter, tying Guede to Kercher's bedroom, and body. But nothing for Kercher.

In this case, though, you have overwhelming forensic evidence, including blood, semen, and fecal matter, tying Guede to Kercher's bedroom, and body. But nothing for Kercher.
    Never said she murdered her only she's holding back and not telling the full truth..

There definite "tells" when a person is lying. I saw clips of the interview with her and she did not give the normal signs. She came off as someone who is very unlikable and focused on herself more than anything. It also seems like she is really hurt by what she has been through and sees herself as the biggest victim. If she is innocent then she is indeed a victim of this. But certainly she should be able to recognize that she is not the greatest victim. The parts where she spoke about her family, and their support, came across as sincere.

It was upsetting to see how news footage was manipulated to make it look like she was videotaped outside the house after the body was found, making out with her boyfriend. The reality was that there were 3 short little kisses, followed by her looking at the ground clearly sad and upset, and he was comforting her. Made me sad to see that the press in Italy is as manipulative as it is here in the US. Sucks since we really can't trust anything.

Thread Information