Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: "Foxy Knoxy" Amanda Knox gets $4m book deal from HarperCollins

I might bankrupt myself to save a family member that i knew did it, so I'm not sure what sort of proof of her guilt or innocence that is.

She's not very gracious in her victory, whether she did it or not. I find these type of books distasteful.
    rollo, Mel1973, greysfang and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I would likely bankrupt myself to save a family member that i knew did it, so I'm not sure what sort of proof of her guilt or innocence that is.

She's not very gracious in her victory, whether she did it or not. I find this type of book distasteful.
    I don't think it is a proof of her guilt or innocence, but more likely paying someone back who sacrificed everything financially to save her.

Based on her notoriety and how many people (even in the US) seem to think she's guilty, her likelihood of ever having a normal job or existence seems pretty unclear. And she has to pay an Italian lawyer to defend her because of the latest appeal by the prosecutor. So, writing the book, especially while there is still interest, is probably her best option.

That's what I was going to say Monhandas. She sold her book to pay legal fees.

I do not know if she did it or not. I know the investigators screwed up royally and that tainted the case. I don't know what she is like as a person, only what I have seen on TV. I have not been impressed by her and can't say that I would want my daughter to be close friends with her. No matter what, she is entitled to a fair trial.

Effie - Italian or not, you can still call me naive!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And how many false alibis did she give? And how many other people did she accuse of the crime?

I'll save my sympathy for people that merit it
    didn't quote the article here but re: all the parts that you bolded, yes it's sad for meredith's family, no doubt, and the dialysis and the hotels being expensive, and bla, bla, bla, all that makes for a very sympathetic sob story, but again, they don't constitute evidence that knox did it. the fact that people like kercher and her family and feel sorry for them, and don't like knox who may well be a cunt, doesn't mean knox did it.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    That's what I was going to say Monhandas. She sold her book to pay legal fees.

I do not know if she did it or not. I know the investigators screwed up royally and that tainted the case. I don't know what she is like as a person, only what I have seen on TV. I have not been impressed by her and can't say that I would want my daughter to be close friends with her. No matter what, she is entitled to a fair trial.
    and that's what it comes down to for me as well.
    and before anyone brings up kercher's family again and 'what about their rights?' and how meredith deserves justice too, i'll say that justice was served. the case was investigated, suspects were prosecuted, one was convicted on physical evidence, the other two were convicted on circumstancial evidence at best, that was overturned, and now people are having a hissy fit because the girl the media and public opinion decided was guilty based on the fact that she's a pot smoking slut and a liar and probably not a very sympathetic character, was ultimately set free. maybe sollecito and knox are innocent, or maybe the prosecution fucked up. at this point, we'll probably never know. but people need to remember that 'justice' and 'outcome desired by the victim's family and the masses' are not synonymous.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Weeeell there is still a trial looming,though i am sure there will be nobody present as Sollesito lives in Swicherland now..

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    didn't quote the article here but re: all the parts that you bolded, yes it's sad for meredith's family, no doubt, and the dialysis and the hotels being expensive, and bla, bla, bla, all that makes for a very sympathetic sob story, but again, they don't constitute evidence that knox did it. the fact that people like kercher and her family and feel sorry for them, and don't like knox who may well be a cunt, doesn't mean knox did it.

and that's what it comes down to for me as well.
    and before anyone brings up kercher's family again and 'what about their rights?' and how meredith deserves justice too, i'll say that justice was served. the case was investigated, suspects were prosecuted, one was convicted on physical evidence, the other two were convicted on circumstancial evidence at best, that was overturned, and now people are having a hissy fit because the girl the media and public opinion decided was guilty based on the fact that she's a pot smoking slut and a liar and probably not a very sympathetic character, was ultimately set free. maybe sollecito and knox are innocent, or maybe the prosecution fucked up. at this point, we'll probably never know. but people need to remember that 'justice' and 'outcome desired by the victim's family and the masses' are not synonymous.
    I didn't say that she did it didn't do it, I said that I'd save my sympathy for someone who merits it. Hence the article.

Originally Posted by Novice
    And how many false alibis did she give? And how many other people did she accuse of the crime?

I'll save my sympathy for people that merit it

Is Sollecito writing a book as well? How is he paying his legal fees? There should be an equal opportunities 'sob story' for him although how Meredith's family's pain can be reduced to a 'sob story' I don't know. The victim's family suffered an irreversible loss and the other families didn't. If anyone should be writing a story to support their court attendances and flights, it should be the Kerchers but they seem to be too bereft and dignified as nothing will bring their daughter back and they don't need to keep re-hashing what happened for the sake of a dollar.
    Mel1973 likes this.

besides, what does sympathy have to do with anything? i don't feel sympathetic toward knox, i'm just saying that the fact that she's not likeable or has casual sex and smokes pot doesn't mean she's guilty, and so far the only thing i am sure of is that the italian prosecution fucked up time and time again and that the evidence against knox and sollecito was circumstancial at best.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Is Sollecito writing a book as well? How is he paying his legal fees? There should be an equal opportunities 'sob story' for him although how Meredith's family's pain can be reduced to a 'sob story' I don't know. The victim's family suffered an irreversible loss and the other families didn't. If anyone should be writing a story to support their court attendances and flights, it should be the Kerchers but they seem to be too bereft and dignified as nothing will bring their daughter back and they don't need to keep re-hashing what happened for the sake of a dollar.
    actually, he did.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...nd-memoir.html
    and the kerchers could write a book too, i'm sure some people would read it. although to be honest, if given a choice, i'd probably read sollecito's or knox's, not because i like them or because i don't think it's trashy to write this type of tell-all (it is) but because theirs is the better story.
    and again, yes, it's horrible what the kerchers went through but their tragedy doesn't make sollecito or knox guilty. you seem to be very emotionally invested in this case and you keep expecting these two to act like repentant murderers but they were set free and their verdicts overturned and at this point in time, there is nothing that proves they did it.
    Butterfly likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ I'm no more emotionally invested than you are if you want to get personal to make a point. There is another trial coming up so I would hardly call them 'free.'

At this point, even if the Italian courts find her guilty, I'm throwing it the side eye. Maybe it's just being an American where we can't be tried twice for the same crime, but this do-over system seems unfair to me.
    Butterfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ I'm no more emotionally invested than you are if you want to get personal to make a point. There is another trial coming up so I would hardly call them 'free.'
    sorry but i'm not the one telling people not to make jokes here.

the only reason another trial is coming up is because italy doesn't have double jeopardy laws and they seem hell bent on trying them again and again until they get the desired result. but yes, unless there actually is a trial and they're convicted and sentenced and extradited to italy to serve jail sentences, technically they are free.
    gas_chick and Butterfly like this.

The investigation team ruined any chance of ever securing a true guilty verdict short of a full confession. The Kerschers should write a book to share what it is like to be placed on such a terrible emotional rollercoaster and let down due to a bad investigation. Nicole Simpson's family has made money from selling their story in the OJ case.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

How do you think the 20/20 interview will go?

I don't really care. They will ask questions. She will answer questions as she was trained to do so by a publicist. She will make sure she doesn't give away too much of the story because she wants people to buy the book. 20/20 will edit the interview in a way that benefits them. In the end it means nothing. How do you think it will go?
    sputnik likes this.

Journalism is dead.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Thread Information